This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
    They've had months to get feedback on the weapon animations yet the hidden weapons feature is still missing. I actually doubt they'd change any of the animations even if the community did give feedback (my apologies if they have, but I haven't heard of any animation changes based on community input). My guess is they never intended to put the hidden weapons feature back in the game. They feel their art must be appreciated and that feature is "hiding their art."

I'm a software developer so I've seen this many times. It's the "developer knows best, the customer will learn to appreciate the software as we have coded it" business model. This business model may work on a new game release, but fails miserably on a sequel when the customer has certain expectations and is also told they can actively participate in the development.
    I may be mistaken but I remember them removing hidden weapons before in a previous build about a year ago and put it back the next build so I don't think you can say they won't put it back in the future.

I honestly don't get why you guys cry so much about hidden weapons. Yes I understand as a l33t PRO you must not have weapon models blocking up part of your screen, but who cares in a pre-alpha you guys act like it affects your skills so much, or like it really matters if you die more than usual because of it.
    Last edited by ness 710; 08-11-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Honestly just lowering the weapon position works fine, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by s2ta View Post
        A game like UT takes time.. If community developers or Epic devs need some down time to stop and smell the roses or eat a bag of cheese puffs so be it. They are humans ... they have lives too. This is their passion and hobby. I am ecstatic that UT has come this far and you should be too. Have some patience like everyone else.
        I would 100% agree with you IF epic was an indie company but this is not the case. They are an actual studio with lot of resources and the developers are paid and employed by Epic this is not a charity.

There is no reason not to have a precise pipe line for the development of this game. In fact, it's crazy to think they don't have one. I mean, is Epic really ready to throw money indefinitely at a game that very few people care about and is seemingly in development hell? No.

That's why I'm asking a for clear time line from Epic and just to be clear the community will NOT finish this game. It's an impossible thing to do for us. Especially when our feedback is disregarded as other said.

The only realistic option for Epic is to work intensely on this game for maximum 6 months and finish things up once and for all. That way the game can be released on steam and we can have a stable player base that would peak around 5000 people a day.

Just 6 freaking months thats all I'm asking for. I don't care how they make the game but I just want them to finish things up once and for all OR can the game entirely so we can have closure and peace of mind.

Comment

5000 player peak a day would be a dream come true , *****.. imagine if ut has the numbers PUBG has that would be nirvana.

Comment

I still love this game and love the chance to play it gratis. If it gets shut down I have only lost my time.... weeks of my life. Drama for a free game . Hopefully quake champions makes a big noise and development gets bumped up. Entertainment is what makes us as human
            beings right? Still happy I met so many great people here. g.g. everyone.
            Last edited by dm304; 08-12-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrikifull View Post

I would 100% agree with you IF epic was an indie company but this is not the case. They are an actual studio with lot of resources and the developers are paid and employed by Epic this is not a charity.

There is no reason not to have a precise pipe line for the development of this game. In fact, it's crazy to think they don't have one. I mean, is Epic really ready to throw money indefinitely at a game that very few people care about and is seemingly in development hell? No.
              UT4 was from the beginning only a side project of a few developer, nothing was set in stone.
              If the developer are coming back to finish this project after Fort Night and Paragon got boosted remains to be seen.
              The link to this forum disappeared on the front page... Epic seems to be eager to pull the plug and let this project die out of itself.
              And I hope I'm totally wrong.
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

From Steve's Discord announcement:

Sorry we've gone silent for the last couple of weeks. Epic has some big releases coming out for both Fortnite and Paragon, and most members of the UT team are helping out with those games right now. We're still working on UT in a different branch, but are doing some large refactoring that is reducing build stability and doesn't make sense to merge to the main branch until it settles down. We will update you on status soon. Until then, we look forward to seeing what the community continues to create with the current build of UT, which is the most stable and best performing version we have released.

Since this is all that really needs to be said on this topic I am going to close it now.

Comment

Working...
                X