has

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has

Has anyone here played ut4 because of playing quake champions? Very curious especially since this is an unlinked forum
    Last edited by dm304; 09-07-2017, 08:17 PM.

nope, no me. I played it because I have always played UT, except UT3 as it sucked so played this when I heard a new UT was coming and hoped it wasn't a pile of the steaming kind like UT3 but I got my hopes up too much.... again lol

Comment

Well if you mean because Quake Champions is a brain dead boring game, then yes. UT4 has been better than Quake Champions since before QC was ever announced.

Comment

Originally posted by lg- View Post
        Well if you mean because Quake Champions is a brain dead boring game, then yes. UT4 has been better than Quake Champions since before QC was ever announced.
        In what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post

In what exactly?
          Honestly, absolutely everything but marketing.

Comment

I was playing UT4 long before Quake Champions was released. I played QC a few times, and it was not bad, but I like UT 4 better. Have not played Quake now in months, other than Quake 4 that is!

Comment

quake champions in its current form is a far superior product to UT4 (+ the fact that its actively being developed by a dedicated team that isnt afraid to address major issues still present with the game, issues like netcode)
              || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Really? So the movement, weapons, maps, characters, music, sounds, variety, graphics (style of it), customization, lore, responsivnes... all is better in UT? I think it's the other way arround. Quake Champions is sadly beating the current UT in all of these aspects hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Gonad McNuttles View Post
                  I was playing UT4 long before Quake Champions was released. I played QC a few times, and it was not bad, but I like UT 4 better. Have not played Quake now in months, other than Quake 4 that is!
                  Quake 4 is the worst Quake game ever released, I say give Q:C a shot. At least until this UT gets into at least a beta stage, as I hope it will one day... I just wish it would not take so long

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post

Really? So the movement, weapons, maps, characters, music, sounds, variety, graphics (style of it), customization, lore, responsivnes... all is better in UT? I think it's the other way arround. Quake Champions is sadly beating the current UT in all of these aspects hands down
                    Movement - by far, QC's movement is dated and limiting.
                    Weapons - by far, QC's weapons are stale and all feel the same. UT has a great variety and much more fun to use.
                    Maps - yep, UT's maps are a lot cooler. QC's again feel stale, even though they are more complete/textured.
                    Characters - slightly, at least UTs characters somewhat match in style and don’t look completely ridiculous.
                    Music - yep, UT’s is better even with current small selection.
                    Graphics - maybe a tie here, but I certainly prefer UT’s style.
                    Lore - not sure how to compare this.
                    Responsiveness - both feel laggy at times, but I do feel a lot better in UT possibly because of the more flexible movement system or being more used to it. I’ve seen some really bad netcode issues in QC.
                    Last edited by lg-; 09-11-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I started playing UT4 again from time to time because even though I like QC I'm still irritated they put speed caps, lower stacks/simplified items, and abilities in Quake so I'd like to continue supporting UT4 since even though production is slow as molasses at least they're trying to make a genuine AFPS.

Does that count?

Comment

Movement - by far, QC's movement is dated and limiting.
                        Weapons - by far, QC's weapons are stale and all feel the same. UT has a great variety and much more fun to use.
                        Maps - yep, UT's maps are a lot cooler. QC's again feel stale, even though they are more complete/textured.
                        Characters - slightly, at least UTs characters somewhat match in style and don’t look completely ridiculous.
                        Music - yep, UT’s is better even with current small selection.
                        Graphics - maybe a tie here, but I certainly prefer UT’s style.
                        Lore - not sure how to compare this.
                        Responsiveness - both feel laggy at times, but I do feel a lot better in UT possibly because of the more flexible movement system or being more used to it. I’ve seen some really bad netcode issues in QC.
                        QC movement is dated? rofl, what does that make basic UT4 movement with wall dodge being the pinnacle of skilled UT4 movement ? its exactly the same movement as in original UT (released 18 years ago in 1999) with added wall dodge (and removed hammer so you cant do advanced/trick jumps)
                        iD software literally changed movement mechanics from Q3/Q4 and is unlike anything on the market currently

you havent played QC if you think its movement is limiting - how can it even be limiting when each hero has its own movement style? its all very fluid and dynamic (try playing anarki or slash)

everything else you listed is pretty much ******** that shows you either did not play QC or have played it for 5min with 1 champion

|| MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Comment

Originally posted by Furma View Post

QC movement is dated? rofl, what does that make basic UT4 movement with wall dodge being the pinnacle of skilled UT4 movement ? its exactly the same movement as in original UT (released 18 years ago in 1999) with added wall dodge (and removed hammer so you cant do advanced/trick jumps)
                          I play CTF so hammer is certainly not removed, lots of tricks are being done. Don't forget wall running, slide. Can't do any decent movement in QC.

iD software literally changed movement mechanics from Q3/Q4 and is unlike anything on the market currently
                          id software has nothing to do with QC btw, they are just a brand now. Everything that you call "change", I call "broken". Its supposed to feel like quake, but it feels like s*it tbh.

you havent played QC if you think its movement is limiting - how can it even be limiting when each hero has its own movement style? its all very fluid and dynamic (try playing anarki or slash)
                          Sure have and I'm an old school Quake player too. It feels dated and inflexible compared to what you can do in UT.

everything else you listed is pretty much ******** that shows you either did not play QC or have played it for 5min with 1 champion
                          I played it a few times, unfortunately, I could not play it for a lot of time as I get bored of it very quickly, I am not exaggerating at all. I just can't seem to get into it at all. Its not Quake. Its overwatch with a Quake skin.

Comment

I play CTF so hammer is certainly not removed, lots of tricks are being done. Don't forget wall running, slide. Can't do any decent movement in QC.
                            hammer certainly is removed in DM/TDM and you can only wall run on walls with an angle (cant wall run on 90 degree walls - which are the majority of walls on maps)

QC has: dodge (clutch), sliding (slash), double jumping (doom guy), changing directions mid air (anarki/sorlag), ledge grabbing (nyx)
                            QC literally has a hero for any play style you want

have a look at this video:

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistIronicPeanutHumbleLife

and tell me QC doesnt have "decent movement" - you can literally get to the other side of map in 5sec by sliding/dodging

here is a bonus tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM

id software has nothing to do with QC btw, they are just a brand now.
                            they are developing the game
                            just cause Carmak left, doesnt mean every other developer from iD software left as well..

Sure have and I'm an old school Quake player too. It feels dated and inflexible compared to what you can do in UT.
                            what can you do in UT exactly that you cant in quake champions ?

I played it a few times, unfortunately, I could not play it for a lot of time as I get bored of it very quickly, I am not exaggerating at all. I just can't seem to get into it at all. Its not Quake. Its overwatch with a Quake skin.
                            you writing that QC is just overwatch with another skin, tells me you're either trolling or dont have a clue how to play QC

UT is nice and has its own thing with its movement, but please dont call that movement more complex or dynamic than movement you get in quake games

Quake 3 movement is one of the best in any games ever - and QC is just an evolution of that movement system
                            Last edited by Furma; 09-13-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

You can wall run on pretty much any wall but its only unlimited on slanted walls.
                              NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                              My movies on YouTube:
                              UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                              , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                              UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Working...
                              X