No announcement yet.

ut4 is canceled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hard but we must be patient. UT alone doesn't have chance, but with Paragon and especially Fortnite support, who knows. Fortnite has a big playerbase, lot of famous streamers play it. And this is chance for UT. When UT reach at least early access or beta status I bet many players of Fortnie try it. Maybe 2018 will be better for UT.

Comment

This game should rightfully die, UE4 is ****ing garbage for anything other than indie games.
      UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

pubg runs on UE4. not the best argument
        Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Maniak07 this game was announced like 3,5-4 years ago? Problem is if the development speed stays as it is, i'll be like 40 until a finished game comes out. So yeah, i can be patient but with every passed month the chance i never get to play this game is just increased a lot.

Comment

Here's the thing: UT4 is great but Epic seriously needs to rethink the development process if they ever return to working on it. The game clearly needs more resources than a skeleton crew backed up by the community because the community is great when it comes to mapping but anything else is just moving forward very slowly and with a general lack of focus. Curating stuff is slow, developing art assets is even slower and after around 2 years of development we're still seeing a game that lacks proper weapon models, a strong art direction and unique game modes. The core should be polished at this point and that's simply not the case.

Look at what Bethesda and id Software are doing with Quake Champions: they developed a very solid core experience with a minimal amount of content and now they are beta testing, polishing and expanding the game through the early access model. It had a rough start (especially at the closed beta, it was abysmal) but they are methodically and gradually improving stuff, they monitor the community and based on that feedback the game keeps on improving. By the time they release the full version and open up the free-to-play floodgates players will be greeted with a wonderful, balanced experience that will be able to replace Quake Live. They progress slowly and it's not a huge project, very far from AAA but they are getting to the finish line because they have focus.

Comment

Quake champions did not grab me, I need to go back and play some more. However is the player count of quake live encouraging to compare ut4 for accelerated (or any) development? It is still a matter of bills and revenue. I am still optimistic. We have such a loyal community and so much content it would be shooting epic in the foot to let this die. Of course the timeline will drag on forever... Huzzah for good will and dedicated developers hope to see you back soon. I still believe this game will be finished. Likely as a community/developer project as initially announced.

Comment

UT4 .. anyhow insane system requirements nowadays.
                Check this - the perfect x-mas mod/game (though
                not yet online but even splitscreen) ... .

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thunder-do...ons/doom64-td2

Spoiler
                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Comment

Its SAD mas but4 its dead.
                    i dont like quake champ, but i buy, warever, it have a deathmatch and who nows, maybe some rocket arena in the future.

epic can do a unreal tournament 99 live version, like quake live, its better than ut4, now that fortnite is on fire, ut4 its just dead.

Comment

Could be stuck in #prealpha for years. There is no time expectation for that phase, as it is not usually a public phase. Public exposure to this phase is biasing people's time expectations for it.

UT4 can't be dead, as it never lived. It's still just an idea, and one that these sentiments aren't helping.
                      Originally posted by Mysterial
                      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

The development of UT4 failed misserably. There was no clear idea, no needed passion the series deserved and real comitment. I jumped on Quake Champions vagon, and it's better then UT4 ever was and probably ever could be, with the direction they were taking it. Unreal tournament is dead. Unreal is dead. And Epic killed it.

Comment

The Epic "died" first. They embraced "games as service" and teamed up with a Chinese investor, who has weighty, if not final, word about the management and direction of their games. Our opinions and observations are irrelevant to their goals.

Comment

Oh, it'll be fine as soon as they get over this failed experiment that is ping compensation. This ain't CoD, we have slow moving projectiles, it doesn't work here.
                            An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

It's hard but we must be patient. UT alone doesn't have chance, but with Paragon and especially Fortnite support, who knows. Fortnite has a big playerbase, lot of famous streamers play it. And this is chance for UT. When UT reach at least early access or beta status I bet many players of Fortnie try it. Maybe 2018 will be better for UT.
                              Except it won't. Fortnite's success will bury this game for good. Epic isn't going to take a chance on a new AFPS when Fortnite is already making money hand over fist.

Comment

I highly doubt Fortnite will remain in a perpetual state of "needing full support" from the entirety of both teams. Also, risk? It's been stated out the gate that this game is getting a spare and skeleton team, as a project of passion. Risk is already mitigated. That's why we're in limbo right now.

Most of you sound like you know nothing of this industry. This ain't a five eights for forty kind of gig. They'll do something until it's done, then move on to the next (or last) thing, maybe after a short holiday if things have been hectic. If they can get the function squared away, the more successful Fortnite is, the more time they will be able to afford to spend on the "project of passion" before moving on to the next cash cow. If they even need a cash cow, after engine royalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X