Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy New Years! Any Updates coming this 2018?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Years! Any Updates coming this 2018?

Hey Devs and players, me and my bro are still slowly mapping for UT and dropping into servs now and then, wandering what might be coming to UT this year? (Rideable mounts? lol)

My bro playing on LoPing with DutchSmoke & Barsam on DM-Delta if people want some UT watchin:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Me and my brothers maps:
    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ads-03-04-2017

Where are the ninja robots promised in UT3 trailer... plz lol.

It's very cool to see matches on my map

Happy fraggin' and happy new year too!!!
    Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

2018 will be crucial for UT. To be, or not to be. I hope when they release Fortnite, they move on to UT. I'm still waiting.

Comment

The Best Wishes in 2018 for You & Yours as well Genesislozenge! Frag'On!

Comment

2018 will be the year quickplay matches killing custom games and the complete lack of progress on even the worst pain points of stock match setups shred what little hope I have left of ever seeing something worthy of the UT4 title and spur me to finally find something else worthy of my time and attention.

Comment

Join others in wishing everyone at Epic every success for the New year.

Comment

2018 will be crucial for UT. To be, or not to be. I hope when they release Fortnite, they move on to UT. I'm still waiting.
              I would assume that Epic will decide whether to continue UT4's development or scrap the project, so in those regards, it's going to be a crucial year one way or the other. I guess they could just remain mute and let UT4 languish throughout 2018, keep fans guessing, and say something about it in 2019.
              UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

I would assume that Epic will decide whether to continue UT4's development or scrap the project
                Yup. Either will surely happen.
                Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

This game has the most potential of any AFPS out there. Really hope they'll get back on track and really start pushing it.

Comment

We haven't gotten a single update in months. Is it because of Fortnite? Or have the devs just abandoned the game?

Comment

They will surely stretch and milk it, like they did it with their "competitive" MOBA Paragon and former tower defense, a. k. a. Minecraft killer, a. k. a. "totally-not-pay-to-win" 3P Hero Moba Grind Shooter, a. k. a. Battle Royale game Fortnite.

Comment

We haven't gotten a single update in months. Is it because of Fortnite? Or have the devs just abandoned the game?
                        The team was pulled off to work on Fortnite Battle Royale mode. No the game is not officially abandoned or anything like that. They are just prioritizing the development of Fortnite, because it has way more players than UT ever will, and by extension makes way more money than UT ever will.

Comment

They have tocatch up again.

Comment

The project is not getting scrapped (I have a solid source). It is just being delayed for quite a while because the dev team is working on Battle Royale for Fortnite. There is no real ETA for when they will start back up again, unfortunately.
                            irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

So in other words, as long as Battle Royale is popular and requires constant updating to keep the already large player base interested in it, the team will not return to UT. That doesn't look good for seeing any updates this year at all.

Something I'm surprised at also, is how little difference Fortnite BR has made to UT pre-alpha player base. Seems like hardly anyone will try Paragon or UT even though the games are staring them in the face every day on the Epic launcher (for free too). I guess people are too one track minded to even contemplate giving them a go.
                              Last edited by nufoundation; 01-11-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X