Is UT Still being worked on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last update being back in June of last year, last dev blog was at the same time. Roadmap for next release was early March. Roadmap hasn't been revised, I'm assuming all resources are going to Fortnite and that UT is going the way of Paragon...

Well, FN made 25 milions since relased on iOS a month ago. So only greed hinders the future of UT. If UT fails i wish them.worst of luck and hope that they fail in every future project and go bankrupt. One EA is enough.

Comment

God forbid a company follows successful business practices and doesnt listen to a tiny group of angry internet nerds.
      PayBack
      Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
      Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
      UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
      UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

I just wish they would be more communicative. Something like an official post on the forum or the blog that they're currently focused on Fortnite. (not just on Discord)
        This would make threads like this here obsolete and the situation would be clear for everyone.

Comment

Just being salty. I still am having a great time playing UT. But does anyone remember the phrase "when it's done". How about "when it's started"?

Comment

Excellent first post OP. Wholly original and well thought.

My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Since Tencent owned 40% stake of Epic Games, I say let Tencent Games make a UT game instead of Epic, if UT4 gets shut down.

Comment

Tencent is probably a large part of why UT isn't being worked on. I wouldn't but such a game anyway...Epic is UT, UT is Epic.
                My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Actually, it's become painfully apparent just how much "co" the creation of UT was with Digital Extremes. Really hoping that pairing led by Mr. Bleszinski wasn't just some fortunate "aligning of stars" that can't be duplicated again. With the looks of this current prealpha, and BossKey's current resumé, it's not looking good. That said, Warframe is still going strong. Wonder if those guys have some extra time to party like it's 1999...
                  Originally posted by Mysterial
                  An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

No, UT4 is dead before born

Comment

It's sad that development seems to have stopped, that being said I was pleasantly surprised to find people playing here in Australia late at night. Clearly there's still interest, even if it's not on the scale of Fortnite.. hopefully there is an update of some kind before the 1 yr anniversary of the last one.

Comment

9. Playerbase matters. If you want to see UT development continue, the best option might be to just play the game as much as possible. EPIC knows how many are playing.
                        No development - no desire to play(

Comment

No desire to play, yet you still feel the need to tell everyone on the forums that you arent playing? Get out of here, go find another game to play besides pushing false information here.
                          PayBack
                          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

it's a pity, UT right now is technically superior to the QC counterpart.
                            The problem is definitely the playerbase, and a missed push by epic to create events for the community.
                            And as always the first problem is that the learning curve of the arena fps, is too long, the new players prefer to go elsewhere T_T.

Comment

No desire to play, yet you still feel the need to tell everyone on the forums that you arent playing? Get out of here, go find another game to play besides pushing false information here.
                              don't be angry, i just want be sure that UT4 not be abandoned

it's a pity, UT right now is technically superior to the QC counterpart.
                              The problem is definitely the playerbase, and a missed push by epic to create events for the community.
                              And as always the first problem is that the learning curve of the arena fps, is too long, the new players prefer to go elsewhere T_T.
                              playerbase? ok. Just give people hope - Official statement from EPIC e.g. "UT4 not dead and not abandoned, it will be develop, and development will go in this... century(joke) - near future"

Comment

Working...
                              X