Link Gun is too op

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Gun is too op

I think the link gun is too op. The first attack is pretty fast and it is too powerul. -20hp is too much! And even the secondary attack is op, but not as the first. 5 damage is a good attack power, but the attack are really fast! in only 2-3 second you lose pretty much all of your life. is that just me or you guys think that too?

Most of the other weapons are equally as damaging, and similarly easy to hit with. So I can only assume the context in which your assessment resides.

I think all the guns are OP, as they all eliminate aggressive play styles, so on one hand I kind of agree with you. I don't think Link is any more OP than other weapons, however. It simply lacks the burst damage for the A-typical peek and poke game play the rest of the weapons facilitate.

Generally speaking, link and mini both suffer from this, as it's "good play" to remain near or behind cover most of the time, due to the high weapon damage and efficacy of the rest of the weapons. You can do a lot of damage in a blink with shock, flak, rockets, and sniper, so when you start to take damage from link and mini, you're usually able to get behind something before it's too late, and cut that damage short, relegating them to certain situations, or finishing weapons.

Link bolts used to be of much lower velocity, and have been sped up to keep up with the rest of the guns, which have also been "tweaked" to be easier to hit with.
    Originally posted by Mysterial
    An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Long range and precise aiming, you can indeed do a lot of damage, and due to velocity, it's sometimes difficult to see it coming. But, the main problem with link gun, is playing with bots; their incredible ability to keep aiming while jumping or dodging is often lethal at close range. Solution is to kill them first or to avoid them. But, yes on certain CTF maps with only one path to the flag, it's easier to say than to do.
      But compared to other weapons, it's not really overpowered. The game is really a matter of aiming skills and you can also do some good damages with dual enforcers if well used. UT has always been more brutal than other games alike because of that, whatever the weapon you have you can be deadly but unfortunately it means opponents can be too.

Comment

Working...
      X