Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to my account when my email adress ceases to exist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to my account when my email adress ceases to exist?

Ive posted this inquiry both in the UT4 and Fortnite support email boxes, but without getting a response in 3 days and a quick google search indicating that those boxes are... ineffective,
    I thought I might aswell ask here in case someone would have any insight regarding the matter, time may be of the essence after all.

My local broadband providers email service that ive used for 15 years or so ceases to exist this month, and so does my email address.
    My Epic games account is that email address, and it can't be changed by any means I have at my disposal.
    So im really curious and worried what effect this may have on my epic games account, first time in my life I experience this scenario and I have no idea how closely my account is linked to my email address.
    Will it get locked? will it disappear? will it remain the same with the exception of epic games email going to a non-existent address?

I haven't spent any money on the account yet and I find stats and levels to be purely superficial (skills speaks for itself), all I care about is keeping my username, Wessmania.
    Any suggestions and answers would be appreciated, thx guys.

My guess would be any email Epic sends you would go to oblivion. I just looked this up on my profile, and do not understand the logic of why we cannot change our own email address associated with our account. Information there says Epic also cannot do it, but they are working on a change that would allow us to. No timeline is given, so when this will happen is anybody's guess! You may have to contact Epic direct if none of them respond to your post.

Comment

Well, senders receive an error when address is wrong, if address ceases to exist they get the same.
      I would send Epic a message containing both email addresses while you still have the old one. This way, they can be sure it is you and perhaps they could remove the actual account from databases so nickname won't be already in use when creating the new account. It would be nice if they could also create the new account at same time to ensure none have time to "steal" the nickname.
      Otherwise, you can always add 2, again, reborn, etc at the end of your nickname, it is not elegant but I guess that most will recognize you.

Comment

I got an answer from the support today, they said they help me out if I gave them some personal information regarding my account and supplied them with another email.
        Yaaay!!

Comment

Working...
        X