Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Epic do not give clear official answer to community?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Epic do not give clear official answer to community?

Will the development of UT4 continue in the future?

*sigh* Sorry. Just despondent this topic continually pops up. Epic is the only one that can answer. They aren't. No amount of pleading will make them respond. I am of the opinion that we are fine,the servers are up. If they decide to kill UT we will have notice like Paragon. They Keep playing/modding. We are getting more new players everyday thanks to fortnite. Silence on the part of Epic is a good thing. More maps,the Pro-Mod for weapons, Elimination games full on weekdays . We are fine as a game. Not healthy or progressing but as a community good things are happening. Just wait. I am just as frustrated. PLAYPLAYPLAY. Show them and Tencent there is a market and money to be made from this game. Sorry to crab so much but they have a once in a lifetime hit with Fortnight and that is where the business is. They gave away the Paragon assets for free . They are just a game company and this is still just a pre-alpha. Can I simply say shut up and play? Lets take a different tact. GLHF.

Comment

People need something to talk about. Paragon is Paragon. People are about as attached to that as they are to Lawbreakers. Unreal is a fandom, not to mention what their whole company is based on. More than anything I'm a little stumped at how illogical it is to devote so little energy on the game front to your own biggest trademark. I guess it's cool and all to do something different every now and then, and clearly it worked for them. But I feel like it could have easily gone the other way and Fortnite could have been a huge dud had they not implemented BR. With the Unreal series they do have brand recognition and it's simply a matter of what they do with it that determines whether it's a huge scale success, or just a small one.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Brand recognition, we're too old. Its too late. But a least you are here to read and respond. That should be worth something.
        Last edited by dm304; 05-10-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

LOL maybe. The truth is I don't even really play anymore. But if the right Unreal game came along... who knows? Also, 40 year olds are still discussing and playing NES titles on Youtube and getting millions of views for it. These days nothing / no-one is ever really too old to have another go around the block...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Fortnite is a sudden success and they're doing everything they can to ride the wave. The money is rolling in!

There has to be a point where the game has done all it can do, then just adding maps and new cosmetics is all they can to sustain it. I'm not sure how long that will take, but if they keep adding / changing things they'll lose what was good about it. At that point, hopefully, they'll come back here with a bit of a vengeance... but you can't blame them for putting all their eggs in one basket when that basket turns every egg to gold!
            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

This is just an opportunity for the trolls to do their thing. How many threads asking the same question do we really need?
              My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

This is just an opportunity for the trolls to do their thing. How many threads asking the same question do we really need?
                we just need clear answer is ut4 have future or not?

Comment

we just need clear answer is ut4 have future or not?
                  Dude, if it's not obvious by now that Epic has moved on from UT4 then I don't know what to tell you. Epic is 100% all-in on Fortnite because it is an overwhelming success. They are making so much money from that game, far more than even Gears of War I believe, that there is zero incentive to pull resources off of it and continue work on a niche title like UT. And with Tencent becoming more and more involved in the company over the years it's no surprise that they are going in this direction.

You have two choices at this point in the game's lifecycle:
                  1. Play UT4 as-is and make the best of it.
                  2. Go play something else.

Personally I picked option 2. If they do come back and manage to finish the game then great, but I'm not anticipating it and you shouldn't either.
                  Last edited by _decayed; 05-11-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

2. Go play something else.
                    tired for waiting, goodbye ut4 until development not moving on again...uninstaaalllll....

Comment

Except there is nothing else to play that is as good as UT4...

Comment

Originally posted by sunflowers12
                        tired for waiting, goodbye ut4 until development not moving on again...uninstaaalllll....
                        Yes, you've said this before but like Epic, it's taking you forever to follow through. Do it. Now. Bye.
                        My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

It's now about 1 year since UT4 development stopped. The most disapointing aspect is the lack of communication. There used to be 1 youtube live Epic Games event about UT progress each week then once a month then stopped.
                          "Top 5 frags" videos by zaccubus used to be a good "show" for UT advertisement, they also gone more than a year ago.Then the github repo started to become less active on May 2017 and stopped (no activity) on June 2017.
                          Then for about 2-3 months no news at all until a slight little post from steve appeared at discord (no 'official' news on twitter, ut website or forums).
                          And now ? Nothing, not a single piece of news over 9 months.
                          Of course there is fortnite but well is that possible having just a simple news like:
                          "UT development stopped" or "We don't know if UT dev will stopped".
                          Saying "We have no news" is some news.
                          They could have kept at least one guy working on it for just 1 day/month to fix bugs/crash

Fortunately there is Elim gamemode, blitz and a few matchs/cups to keep it alive but until when?

Comment

For me, the fact that Epic has gone silent on UT for so long is insulting and unprofessional. If they hadn't highly encouraged community involvement then it would be no big deal but as is it's kind of a slap in the face. But...

I think the game will be fine. Whether they continue development or not I think the game will eventually become something big and attract large numbers of players. The servers are still up and the game is still featured fairly prominently on their website. Right now they have a scrolling banner on their main page with only four screens and UT is one of them. Besides, it would look really bad for Epic if another game failed and especially the game that shares the name of their engine. I'm pretty sure they don't want that to happen and are going to try hard to make this game into something great.

Those people in here that are all doom and gloom about the game, saying it's dead, have no facts to back that up. It is, ofc, possible that the game will be canceled but there is really no reason to assume that's the case. And I believe if it is cancelled the modding from the community will boom because of no worries about work becoming obsolete or broken.

I see people getting upset about these threads. For me they are great. I would like to see this general discussion area be nothing but threads like this. It shows that people care and are upset and frustrated about the lack of communication. If there were no threads like this it would be look bad. So stop telling people to stop making these threads. Discussions about the game-types and maps that people are thankfully still working on have their own areas so there is no reason not to flood this area with "wtf is going on" threads.
                            http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a...psriplu1m9.png

Comment

Of course they are more than ashamed how their game in 2020
                              still has "system requirements" for good reason i must sadly say ... .
                              GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
                              X