Fortnite IS an arena shooter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite IS an arena shooter

If you take the time to think about it, Fortnite really is an arena shooter. So there is no reason for Epic Games to support two games of the same type. Let's review the evidence:

- Fortnite has no loadouts. You pick up weapons and equipment on the ground just like a traditional arena shooter

- Basic health and shields have separate gauges just like a normal arena shooters

- Everybody has the same starting amount of health and shields

- The battle takes place in an arena (yes a very big one but still an arena)

- Advanced movement options are available in the form of building, jump pads and crystals

- Switching time between weapons is really short and allow you to use a multitude of weapons in each combat encounter

- Resources management and map controls are key elements to ensure victory

- Movement is very responsive and snappy

- The arsenal is plenty and you can carry a lot of weapons at the same time

So now that we have concluded that Fortnite IS an arena shooter I would be interested in hearing why Epic Game should support two games that are in the same genre?

In what way are epic supporting UT exactly. By having a master server up and allowing downloads?
    And of course you deliberately didn't point out the vast differences between the two games because it would invalidate your entire post.
    Which is why there's a whole genre for games like Fortnite, and it's not called arena fps.

Comment

No. No it is not.

Comment

Three things about forshite morons i dont like:
        They dont know how to read forum categories.
        They dont know how to read forum.
        They dont know how to read.

Comment

I mean, Overwatch was marketed as Arena at one point as well, and Forknife is certainly more "arena" than that, technically speaking.

All the semantics in the world, however, will not suddenly have DM and CTF fans fawning over BR, with mostly modern FPS weapons, and factors more RNG.
          Originally posted by Mysterial
          An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

What's with all of the hate toward Fortnite? It's a good game, very fun.
            My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

I don't know about the hate as I don't care about the game if anything, but I certainly feel like I support UT if I don't download and play Fortnite. I somehow feel loyal.

Comment

Working...
              X