To all Players of UT4!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all Players of UT4!

Let's boycott(i mean not play, not talk) until development of UT4 is not start again?!

The best thing to do is support what we currently have.
    Play on the Servers.
    Develop Maps.
    Develop Content.
    Be positive in the forums despite how hard that is becoming.
    By not playing or not talking you are removing the elephant in the room and monkey on Epic's back.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflowers12
      Let's boycott(i mean not play, not talk) until development of UT4 is not start again?!
      You should lead by example. Bye.
      My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Supporting it to the max is the best course of action for all, if we ignore it so will Epic.
        Players is the most important resource any game can ever have, the very life blood of it.

Comment

Keep encouraging new players and showing how to get custom content. I will paraphrase Absolute servers message...Stay Classy. It's helped me find some great people and some amazing games.

Comment

So your plan to convince a business to work on a product is to show them that no one wants the product?
            PayBack
            Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
            Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
            UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
            UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

No thanks - the game rocks. Congratulations to Epic for a huge success with Fornite, but don't forget Unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by payback
                So your plan to convince a business to work on a product is to show them that no one wants the product?
                Oh, please allow me to throw that back in your face and let the egg yolk dribble onto your lap, 'sir.

Are you suggesting the position we are in now is the result of a credible business plan, fully backed up by the company that instigated it?

It is beyond disgusting, to contemplate a position of defence against a position that you put yourself in; and then blame others for being in that position. What would be worse, do you think; attacking the player-base for being slightly perturbed about being in this position? Would that be the right thing to do?

All the player-base truly want, is the same (if not more) involvement from Epic games, that we have given. That's it. It's not complicated.

If you want to tell me they don't have the money or the staff, or are just too busy - then you must take the position that, Epic Games are simply very very very very very poor project managers. Very poor.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums

...Into a web browser address bar. Take a look at the others:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	unreal-tournie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	400247

Name:	unreal-engine.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	400246

Name:	spyjinx.jpg
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	400245

Name:	shadow-complex.jpg
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	400244

Name:	infinity-blade.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	400243

Name:	fornite.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	400242

Name:	battle-breakers.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	400240

Y'see? With Fornite getting the attention it has gotten over the last twelve months - this would have been the perfect time to have a forum/app link, so the people playing the game of fornite would have the option of joining this game in its development!

It is literally beyond my comprehension why a company would have simply ignored all of this new traffic (daily!!!!!) and have a situation where no one can even get to the forums through direct methods by the very company who created the forums!

Seriously - that is lost revenue and Epic games are just throwing money down the drain by not capitalising on this traffic for their core (and namesake'd!) game. If you were to tell someone in any digital marketing role that you want to gag and figuratively choke all users on your platform deliberately...I can't even imagine the result of such a conversation, but it would have the words 'suicide' 'why' 'idiotic' 'why' 'stupid' 'why' and or course 'why'.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mitch Mitchell; 06-03-2018, 06:34 AM.
                Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Steering them clear of the bickering on here, perhaps?

To be honest, I didn't like the sound of a ''built by the UT community' development model when they first announced it. Precisely because no two UT fans can agree, everyone has their favourite UT & everyone thinks their opinion matters more than the next guy; democracy and game building aren't exactly a great pairing. I think some were actively put off by the arguments on here over minor changes. Every new UT has had movement changes I disliked, but then adapted to, and I'm sure others can relate to that. I for one would have had full confidence in Steve to deliver without that community input. The community game art asset input has been the major plus of community involvement, some incredible work there.

Fortnite somehow got out of development hell, let's hope UT still can, But if they do pick it back up it'd probably be wrong for them to let community input push and pull them in all directions again if it's ever to get out of pre-alpha.
                  Last edited by Phoenix75; 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

The most evil words in your sentence is - BUSINESS and PRODUCT this is the main 2 things that prevents make good games!

My plan is already done. I am f*** off ut4 And now i have a lot of fun from ut99,2004,2007

And i understand yours plan - "if you want ut4 > just make it yourself!" I am right?

Comment

Are you confused? Do you think Epic is a charity that makes Unreal Tournament games because they like giving back to the community? There is nothing evil about calling Epic a business and Fortnite/Unreal Tournament a product. Its a fallacy to think or believe them to be anything less. I love when people say ill just got play UT99, 2004, 2007 as if UT4 isnt already a really good game. My plan is to enjoy UT4 for what it is for as long as I can. Ill do what I can to improve the game and if Epic comes back to it awesome, if they dont come back that sucks. Either way, crying and threatening to boycott UT4 on the forums will do absolutely nothing to push Epic in one direction or the other. You think the people who will decide the fate of UT read these forums? Look at current UT player counts? Get real.
                      PayBack
                      Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                      Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                      UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                      UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

UT4 is going to be awesome because it's awesome now and will only get better I play it every day when I die I will be wall-dodging my way into the heavens.

Oui.

Comment

sunflowers and his hater ilk come crawling of of their hater holes to stir the pot time and time again until only the trolls will remain. If Epic don't return to this game you can be assured that you had a hand in the reason why. Bravo...you're poisoning this place.
                          My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

If Epic don't return to this game
                            That would be nice. Because what i see now(design maps and characters) this is totally not game that I'd like to see.

Let the absence be better, than what we see now in ut4.

Comment

Hm.. What you see? Did you see, let alone play the in excess of 150 currently playable DM maps? Bet's on the same probability that you didn't know EPIC's a bit busy right now.
                              Like the saying goes when life throws you some lemons, you can sit there and pout or, you go make yourself some sweet lemonade.
                              Boycott a free to play game? You must have ment this.

Comment

Working...
                              X