new news?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new news?!

i havent heard anything about anything new. not sure if this is the right spot or not. but i know once a week or once a month the team would post a video, or some kind of news on the game. havent seen anything not sure if they moved the place or the game is down. any help would be appreciated

Just read the existing posts.
    My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

There used to be news of the game every week a loooog time ago then each month then ... nothing.
      Epic games halted (would better stay stopped now ...) working on it from July 2017.

On August 2017 UT project leader (steve polge) said on discord (latest news) :
      Sorry we've gone silent for the last couple of weeks. Epic has some big releases coming out for both Fortnite and Paragon, and most members of the UT team are helping out with those games right now. We're still working on UT in a different branch, but are doing some large refactoring that is reducing build stability and doesn't make sense to merge to the main branch until it settles down. We will update you on status soon. Until then, we look forward to seeing what the community continues to create with the current build of UT, which is the most stable and best performing version we have released.
      We will update you on status soon
      Really ? In 2020 ?

Since august 2017, not a single piece of news !!!
      There are many people (including me) wondering what's going on.
      There are many threads on this forum related to UT devlopment status and people will continue start opening new ones until we get news.

Epic Games can't take 5 min of their time since a year to post about UT status.
      This astounding silence / lack of communication is more and more frustrating and disrespectful towards UT community.

Where is Epic Games ?

Comment

Some news styker - 157 DM Maps! (14,6GB).
        Fragging helps defeat the eerie stillness.

Comment

I think it's a pity too.

Yes, we know that you earn a lot of money with Fortnite and we treat you all.
          But UT4 needs you. Let the UT team develop what is currently Fortnite again to develop UT

We need you Epic Games! Your baby needs you!

We know how difficult it is to own two construction sites.

But Epic Games please tell us what's going to happen

The game is going to be great

Comment

Now we are in the same boat with jazz jackrabbit.

Comment

I 100% blame the Community manager for this lack of Communication! Flak there is no excuse for this! What did the community do to deserve this?
              Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Thats so stupid @megasporwic. Why the hell are you blaming flak? Thats like your boss at work telling you to stop working on one project and start on another, then people start ******** at you for not doing the original project. What kind of update do you want? Here is what Flak and RZE have said many times in Discord "The last update by SteveP is still accurate". There you go you big cry baby.

And just as an FYI, Flak still goes out of here way to support UT in ways she can. Several times now she has provided UT Swag Bags to community run tournaments.
                PayBack
                Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

The UT project has definitely been mothballed. I'm guessing they haven't decided whether they'll pick it up again one day or just scrap it. Maybe they're waiting to see if Quake Champions can reinvigorate the arena shooter market and prove that arena shooters can be viable in the modern gaming era.
                  Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 06-22-2018, 02:01 AM.
                  UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Maybe they're waiting to see if Quake Champions and reinvigorate the arena shooter market and prove that arena shooters can be viable in the modern gaming era.
                    but Quake has changed (Now its more like mediocre moba, rather than a classic arena fps). And with the Tournament they had different ways of attracting the audience. Quake is a pure cyber sports game and nothing superfluous while UT is a vinaigrette of fun. At least it was. Now the developers seem to think that UT is also a dry cyber disciplinary and focused on this instead of doing something fun.
                    Last edited by MArS03; 06-19-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Now the developers seem to think that UT is also a dry cyber disciplinary
                      Is this decided by a group of modmakers or people who developed UT3? Can you give examples of dry cyber disciplinary FPS games? I think there are about ~0 titles for the entire time of creating PC games. I'm a bit sorry, but I do not understand about what people are writing on this forum - CS 1.6/Quake 3 duel or its clones? But it's just like a provocation, if you compare something like this with the UT3. No? What is the main difficult for understanding this on my part and on the part of those who write about some kind of cyber sport? Trying to convince everyone and ourselves that UT2004 is cyber sport something or what? I'm serious. What is the basis for the statement that UT gameserie should be about "cyber sport"? Just becouse some people much play on UT99 and especially Facing worlds with sniper rifle and godlike bots or because several tournaments were organized with UT2004? How to understand the reason for the talk about eSports on this forum if you can understand that any element of the UT game goes against something "cyber sport game title"? I've probably written 2-3 times this on forum.

Or is it just the influence of the MP factor itself in games when it became possible play in it - and the next desire is to have a super cyber sport gameplay as the top of the MP gameplay. But this is hardly possible, because goes against many elements of the creation of the game, and the worst thing - it is pretty boring and "second-rate" also it easley ruin very much what people put with great efforts in the basis of UT3. How to understand why people seriously write about cyber sport? Really why/ the main reason? (the biggest hardest game development from one side and cyber-box corridors from another side) I can only guess that from the side of big developers the talk about eSports FPS something can cause a bewilderment, this is more needed by a certain group of players, but even if this is so, then in this case I still do not understand what's catching them in "FPS cyber sport game" (if we imagine that such games exist) - almost everything what the big and fully designed game consists is unnecessary/obnoxiously for many of them "because all that scum prevents getting the frags!" For myself I found only duel "gametype" is the only one reason why people may talk about eSports FPS but just think about it - this is an extremely minimal "set of features" in any game and one of the most responsible gametype in which players will never immediately start to play - this is a most less-played but at least an interesting and one of the most hardcore gametype. But in general this duel gametype is very very small element if you compare it with whole "game development of something big".

Comment

I'll try to explain. Quake 3 may not have been created as a dry cyber sport game, but now only such associations with this game. Like DotA 2 for example. These games are associated exclusively with evil nerds who do not accept beginners. Why is UT now also nerdish now? because crappy numbers fly in my face! How much damage did you inflict? How much time is left before the spawn armor? The very fact of damage, too, can not be left without attention, here's warning in the form of an idiotic sound "BIP!" Numbers, numbers, numbers, analysis, analysis, analysis, count, b***h! I do not want to look at this s**t, I do not care, but I can not even turn it off. The music was also removed from the matches, I came here to listen to the sounds of footsteps! I play cyber sport!

Comment

UT is a rare dream game as the developers themselves said (if I did not get it wrong). It has 2 big singleplayer games + 2 and UT3 console games + 3+1 PC games + maybe something else! Just understand - 2 singleplayer games and large gameworld (ofcourse much people may say this gameworld is like B-gameworld, not like a Starcraft or С&C or Warhamer 40K etc), but only UT3 devs tried to get rid of the B-letter. Does it say anything? What is the problem at all to continue this direction? Really - just a technical complexity of such development or something else? Why not develop two UT games at same time? One UT99 remake on the UE4 with high-end old design, the second UT3+ on UE3 under new meaning without conditional artifictional structure of this game.

Comment

Working...
                          X