Stop the spam friend invites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the spam friend invites

There is no way I am being friend requested by players EVERY TIME I LOG IN.

How can I disable my profile from being spammed from friend requests???
    X58 i7 970 4.2GHz HT on, GTX 1070, 144Hz 1ms, 1080p in-game res.

It IS very odd. I went ahead and accepted a load of unfamiliar names and found that most of them were playing fortnight. How do they even get our names? And why bother? Does Fortnight give you some kind of ELO for being popular?

Comment

The kind of people who play fortnite are, I theorize, more like MMO types for whom more friends = easier time gathering a party for X objective. They become UT4 lookie-lous for a few hours, spamming friend requests along the way and then go back to the safety of crowd-based games.

Comment

Makes sense. I would personally rather have actual friends on a friends list. Then again, I've never played an MMO so what do I know.

Comment

also I think a lot of us here were in the first wave to create Epic IDs. So most of us have the easier more desirable names, instead of P@yB@C|< or something stupid, I just have PayBack, which I think a lot of people who might see PayBack_ or something and not realize the underscore.
          PayBack
          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Can I get a spamly friend request

But seriously: If ya'all werent so good, no one would be carin'.

But even more seriously: Linux players get no friends on UT. (Social functionality disabled.)
            No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

I once got a friend request from some random account called FREEUT4CHEATS4YOU, or some equally trolly variation of it.
              Otherwise all my recieved request have been from real and serious players, to some degree at least, a few are Fortnite players for sure.

If I was a Fortnite player who stumbled alone into UT4 for the first time, i'd probably try to friend someone who seemed to know what he/she was doing to.

Comment

Working...
              X