Nerf Shredder Right Click already

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerf Shredder Right Click already

Honestly ive been playing for so long and the only thing that bothers me in this game is the shredders right click. It doesnt need to one shot kill. we already have a rocket launcher.

for the love of good please nerf the shredders right click. everything else is fine.

You mean the flak cannon. I agree the alt fire is too powerful relative to the rocket launcher. Rockets need to be faster. flak ball nees a lower firing rate and maybe less damage, it should still be a 1 shot kill if you hit them directly with it.

Comment

Flak secondary doesn't need damage reduction, at least not while everything else is so OP and hitscan still exists. What it (and rockets) need is a reduction in collision radius. The same goes for shock combo, though while it should have smaller physical collision, it should have higher (or at least the same) radius for combo completion.

There's something profoundly wrong when I can stand beside a wall, shoot a projectile parallel to the wall surface, and watch it instantly explode in my face. That means it's wider than I am! It shouldn't even be (physically - making special exception for shock combos here) wider than the gun that fires it.

Comment

Also, I'm not sure how you can have an issue with flak secondary and think GL is just fine. :P GL is flak secondary plus ricochets, persisting ordinance, proximity triggering, mid-air triggering, and excessive headache-inducing noise polution to top it all off. In comparison flak secondary is gentlemanly.

GL is what you get when designers have no sense of focus, don't know when to stop, and are easily captivated by all things shiny, loud, or animated.
        Last edited by HonoredMule; 08-01-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

"Ive been playing for so long" Calls the Flak cannon "The Shredder"...

Yeah we will get right on your weapon balance ideas. Also any feedback on the "Sharp Shooter" or the "Rocket Science" weapons?
          PayBack
          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

The balance team will get right on this, I'm sure it will be in the next update.

Comment

Yeah we will get right on your weapon balance ideas. Also any feedback on the "Sharp Shooter" or the "Rocket Science" weapons?
              You mean the headshot and the torpedo?
              www.absolute.team
              https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/collecti...he-Ransom-Maps
              Co-founder, server admin, map creator

Comment

Make a mutator and do it yourself. You learning to do this will take infinitely less time than Epic doing it.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I'd say the flak cannon primary and secondary are both underpowered compared to previous UT games. Not to mention incredibly frustrating to use to due the horrific netcode and hit detection, and laggy quickplay servers.

Comment

In previous iterations, shard rebounds were more effective and way more predictable to use. Flak was actually one of the more viable weapons for indirect fire. Now, primary is less reliable even for direct fire. I wouldn't say secondary fire has suffered though - not with its gargantuan collision radius.

Comment

Rumor is you can't change collision radii in blueprints, and mutating it is a task. I also don't imagine with the nature of the interpolation for their ping compensation that you can modify the rewind parameters to get rid of them on a per gun basis, as you may have been able to do with old, aftermarket compensations.

Thus, mutating seems pointless.

The issues go deeper than that though. The original premise behind the flak bomb was a range extension. Primary projects the shards from the barrel, secondary projects the shell to a longer range, which then projects the shards from the shell. It was never meant to be a noob toob, and encroach upon the territory of goo, or grenades, as it does now. It should have minimal collision, minimal radius, and use physics geometry to determine the direction of the shards from the shell. Also yes, the attenuation they've put on it to limit range is terrible, but is probably subsequent of the collision increase, as that would make it a ranged monster. An increase that was made subsequent of the COmpesnateD scans, to keep the weapon relevant.

I actually, still to this day tend to slow my shards down for more consistent leading by bouncing them off the floor, walls, or ceiling, because I never got in sync with the projectile speed. This virtually eliminates their damage now, which when combined with this awesome netcode essentially makes the gun a lucky spam cannon for me.

The bottom of the barrel skill ceiling prioritization of CoD scans has rendered this game, from the ground up, irreparable. The cascade of balance effects is so pervasive it can't be fixed. It has to stay full ******, or start over with normal interpolation.
                      Originally posted by Mysterial
                      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
                      X