Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

(You would think) Epic would put some of that money towards Unreal Tournament with a proper dedicated team alongside community support. Epic can afford putting resources to UT. To my understanding Hundreds of millions is being made off of Fortnite. As a fan Im somewhat offended by the current silence. We are entering Gabe Newell and Electronic Arts territory with the way UT is being handled. No news, No in game store updates, No means where people can put their offerings in UT store currently. Throw Unreal Tournament fans a bone. There is so much that can be done with Unreal Tournament from a lore perspective to all the game modes to the characters , etc C'mon Epic. sad face x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Please be considerate, it's only 300 million a month.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/24/1...ion-april-2018

Comment

So to get your train of thought straight here. Epic took the original UT Dev team for UT4 and many previous UT titles and had them make the biggest game in the world bringing 200-300 million dollars a month from Fortnite, you think that because Epic is doing well that they should either:

A.) Remove the team that is responsible for a billion dollar franchise from the game and put them on an side project that has less than 1% of that earning potential?
      B.) Hire a bunch of random developers off the street to make UT despite the fact that the majority of UT4 devs were devs for the previous UT games and hope they dont **** it up.

Go find something else to do, maybe instead of crying on the forums that Epic isnt doing enough to make you happy with UT, you go and make something for the UT community.
      PayBack
      Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
      Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
      UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
      UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

4 years of Pre Alpha?

Comment

four years whinning?

Comment

Whelp, they are keeping the servers on. The people who like playing are playing, and the people that don't,... don't. Everything else is drama. Or in the case of some, hysteria.

Comment

Hey Payback.
              A) I am person who is all about seeing things through. Going to work every day. Being on time. Being consistent. Always giving 100 percent. So... for you to say to me Epic can't divert some effort to Unreal Tournament with all the earnings they've made. That is just unbelievable to me. It is also unacceptable. Also that one percent you are referring to(Unreal Tournament) is pretty much the companies namesake. Unreal Tournament is what put the Epic in Epic games.
              B) Who says they have to hire a bunch of randoms? Hey.. Let's say they do that? Why not let the randoms as you call them, "Maintain Fortnite" so the veteran UT4 dev's can focus(key word) Focus on Unreal Tournament.
              C)You say to go make something for UT. I work full time. I would be happy to contribute to development monetarily. Where is that avenue for UT patrons?
              Also, Payback, darksonny, some of us have more passion for UT, so yeah.. sometimes if I have to .. you better believe I am going to whine. And if you don't like that. Well... that's too bad .
              Last edited by d33p_Sky; 08-26-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

^ Will never happen. Sadly Epic games is now run by bean counters who have no respect for the UT franchise. Any day now they'll probably change it to "Fortnite Engine".

Play Quake Champions, at least it's in active development. It runs and plays better, too. ID software seems to still give a ****.
                Last edited by DeplorableACE; 08-26-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

You lost us when you said QC runs and plays better lmao
                  Former Console UT3 Player on Xbox 360 & PS3
                  Current UT4 Player
                  Known as phantaci.
                  UT Theme Song:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9Sh-wcy7s

Comment

You know... QC does run and play way better then this UT ever did and ever will. He speaks truth. I am not even angry anymore that this project got abandoned, it had no direction after all...

Comment

I never said Epic "cant" divert some fortnite money into UT. I gave you specific reasons why they currently arent doing it, which judging by points B and C you dont understand. I work full time as well, doesnt stop me.

Also while QC is a more complete game, it definitely doesnt play better than UT.
                      PayBack
                      Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                      UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                      UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

There are many, many educated well experienced software developers in the community that could improve the software (including me). Who cares if the community f-it up, that's why you have version control systems, go back to the last good version and try again.

Comment

I agree, there is a ton of talented people here who could probably make a good UT game. The problem is liability. None of us are Epic employees and it would be a huge risk for Epic to publish community written code and have it be distributed by Epic to the world. All it would take is one malicious community developer to get Epic sued into oblivion.
                          PayBack

Comment

LOL when was the last time you guys played QC? It's come a long, long way in the last year. It's virtually lag free, and shots actually hit when you aim correctly and miss when you don't, which is already more than you can say about UT.

https://youtu.be/Lz6IkCMLd9U

You can say that you like UT better than QC as a game, but in no universe does UT run/play better than QC.
                            Last edited by DeplorableACE; 08-29-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Not everyone thinks hero shooters are better than afps games.
                              PayBack

Comment

Working...
                              X