Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Epic going to throw money at a community that is not doing a thing to grow the game. Most likely, even in quick play, a new player will get kick votes as soon as he asks a question or doesn't perform like a vet. Yet, those same people will tolerate some troll slinging racist or homophobic slurs all over the place. I play now and then, but as soon as I encounter the nasty man-children I leave. It never has been directed at me but I don't want to be around it. It's kind of a toxic community this thread is a little piece of that pie. You can't get far in or with anything when everyone is just plain childish.

Comment

It isn't solely a community's job to grow or promote a game. At the same time our small community at UTPugs has continued to develop and balance the game during the hiatus in whatever way we can. I'm not sure which community you're talking about tolerating homophobic/racist slurs, but that doesn't sound like us or Absolute. If you're playing in Epic's public servers or using quickplay that honestly sounds par for the course for an online game to run into that. There's a reason many people do not play there.
      Last edited by pb.; 08-29-2018, 08:38 PM.
      Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
        A.) Remove the team that is responsible for a billion dollar franchise from the game and put them on an side project that has less than 1% of that earning potential?
        B.) Hire a bunch of random developers off the street to make UT despite the fact that the majority of UT4 devs were devs for the previous UT games and hope they dont **** it up.
        Like those are the only options? We're talking about a company that could buy a small African country with the money they're making and you're telling me it's beyond their capability to hire a few competent devs on the side to finish UT? Give me a ****ing break bro.

Go find something else to do
        Everybody already has. If you haven't noticed, player base is non-existant save for a couple dozen die hards that only serve to scare all the noobs away.

maybe instead of crying on the forums that Epic isnt doing enough to make you happy with UT, you go and make something for the UT community.
        "The community" doesn't exist, and even if they did, they are stuck with a half-@ssed unfinished foundation which they cannot fix. Who wants to invest hours of time and effort into something that will most likely be scrapped any day now?
        Last edited by DeplorableACE; 08-29-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Average concurrent players hasnt really changed much in the last 2 years. 60-100 at any given time. There is definitely a small active community, you just arent a part of it because you are one of the cry babies who has nothing positive to add.
          PayBack

Comment

Hey PayBack the game is...

... not updated at all
            ....not fresh
            ....zero replay value for a normal player AND A TON OF REPLAY VALUE FOR A DEVELOPER.
            Its just marinating in stagnation.

Cry babies are potential customers to this game.. to label enthusiasts as crybabies is bad public relations. I am glad you are not running my company Payback.

Comment

If ut would make money it would be finished year ago. Lets wait till Fortnite dies. Whats a decade more to wait?

Comment

It's very likely, that by this time next year, folks will be off to whatever NEW bright and shiney object that gets released. Nothing lasts for a decade except UT.

I am confident EPIC will get back to UT4 when thay have the resources available. Hopefully, a more efficient critical path will be followed. EPIC should also abandon the premise that making the game easier for noobs is a good thing. UT4 just needs a good tutorial and most importantly, a copy of the UT2 single player tournement to train them. That's how I learned to play UT.

Until then, just play your favorite prior UT release. Remember, UT4 will only have vehicles if the community adds them. So, I recommend playing WAR, vCTF, and ONS until then in order to demonstrate the popularity of vehicle game types..

TONITE IS GAME NIGHT! Labor Day Holiday Weekend Matches, Saturday Sept 1, and Sunday Sept 2, 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

This weekend is a 3 day holiday weekend, Labor Day. The Monday holiday permits us to play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It just means, I can sleep in late and recover from the late night.

Check out my UT3 WAR postings on these forums;
                https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...es-on-you-tube

See last Fridays matches on you tube;
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdx5t79rqRY

Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC Warfare #2 or #3

My Gaming Rigs-
                - Win7 Pro - ASUS Z68, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX980Ti Gaming 6G, ASUS VG248 @144Hz
                - Fedora Linux - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti WindForce, ASUS VG248 @144Hz, Samsung EVO-850 500Gb
                - Win7 Home - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti Classified, VG248 @144Hz

The Intel core i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz is still as fast or faster than all that came before or after.
                Last edited by Bobba_Novis; 09-01-2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: shameless promo!
                Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

Let it go. Epic already fuped, like, 3 games - Paragon, Fortnite: Save the world and UT4. NO THANKS JEFF, this season I'll be playing games from developers who actually GAF.

Comment

Average concurrent players hasnt really changed much in the last 2 years. 60-100 at any given time. There is definitely a small active community, you just arent a part of it because you are one of the cry babies who has nothing positive to add.
                    Not sure why you keep repeating yourself.

The reason people are angry is because EPIC does have the resources available. Right now. They just don't care. What part about that don't you get?

And why are you so uppity about modding and contributing to a fundamentally broken product that's very likely going to be scrapped altogether?

Last edited by DeplorableACE; 09-06-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeplorableACE View Post

Not sure why you keep repeating yourself.

The reason people are angry is because EPIC does have the resources available. Right now. They just don't care. What part about that don't you get?

And why are you so uppity about modding and contributing to a fundamentally broken product that's very likely going to be scrapped altogether?

lol, says the guy who only comes here to ***** about the game and Epic? Seriously, do you realize how stupid you look saying this right now? I am here because I enjoy UT4 and want to make it better for the community who is still here. That makes my time spent on these forums and this project a valid use case. You on the other hand think Epic doesnt care and the game will be scrapped all together, yet here you are on the forums as well. Why do you come here to post negative responses, attack community members who are productive and helping when you dont believe in this project? Do you not have anything better to do with your life?
                      PayBack

Comment

^ Amen, brotha! Keep at it. Highly appreciate your pro weaps work.

DeplorableACE, it's a lot bigger than that. Epic as a company has to make the right decisions best suited for their overall well being. UT is great in the eyes of a few, but it needs to be great in the eyes of the majority to be a success. With that said, UT really needs a better direction and game plan since what was in the works previously wasn't showing the best results. It's not that they don't care, it's that you don't care about anything but what you want. It's their company, their game, not yours. Stop acting like they owe you anything but a slap in the face for being so rude about their product and their overall best intentions for the people that actually do the work, the devs. Get your head outta your *** and contribute, otherwise, you don't belong here and your words don't mean ****.

Comment

LOL it's like Stockholm Syndrome up in here. Why am I here? Because I want a new UT game, just like everyone else.

Telling the truth about how poorly Epic has handled this franchise may hurt your feelings, but that's your problem. If I didn't know any better I'd think that you maybe don't want UT to be anything more than your little group of a couple dozen...

Last edited by DeplorableACE; 09-06-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Guys, there's no need to argue over the internet.

The way I see it, DeplorableACE along with many others and me (hopefully only in the past) thought that opening the same discussion over and over again, and lashing out at Epic would somehow help prove that the game is important to the community making them resume the development. For me personally it was the "anger" stage of grief amplified by the internet as a tool of emotional ventilation.
                            Back then I would be angered by the seeming resignment of "others" (which is in fact acceptance of the situation) thinking that they just don't care anymore due to the lack of emotionally invested posts.

It took me some time before I realized that we all care about Unreal Tournament deeply, but we're just at various stages of accepting the current situation. Don't separate the seeming inaction and visible frustration.
                            >ZK<Drakir: demorec d;)
                            The time has come to prove you are the best. To crush your enemies. To win the tournament. To help the community.

Comment

Originally posted by DeplorableACE View Post
                              LOL it's like Stockholm Syndrome up in here. Why am I here? Because I want a new UT game, just like everyone else.

Telling the truth about how poorly Epic has handled this franchise may hurt your feelings, but that's your problem. If I didn't know any better I'd think that you maybe don't want UT to be anything more than your little group of a couple dozen...

You want a new UT game and you think the best way to get about it is to fight and argue with everyone who isnt circle jerking the Epic hate train? You think crying on the forums over and over again is going to somehow make Epic come back and start working on the game? You are mad at the people who continue to improve the game because you think they are betraying you? You got some issues man, go away for a bit, take a break. Epic isnt coming no matter how big of a temper tantrum you throw on the forums. Tim Sweeney isnt going to read this post and say god **** i was wrong look at how upset this guy is, put more money into UT!

People like you post your little rant and angry posts here all the time, you arent new, you arent unique and you wont change anything. Accept that and either be a part of the community that is still here or GTFO. Youre nothing but an annoying waste of hot air at this point in time that ruins what is left for the people who still enjoy UT4.

Let me just say this one more time to make sure its very clear to you.

CRYING ON THE FORUMS THAT EPIC DOESNT VISIT IS NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO MAKE THEM COME BACK AND START WORKING ON UT AGAIN.

I found some resources that may be of a help

https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-ab...y/issues/grief
                              PayBack

Comment

Just wanted to add my two cents here - long time UT player since the very first game, and I did play this new one for a while.

I do agree with the OP here, the game has been abandoned. It is good that we still have the option to play the game, and is in a good state. But to hear absolutely nothing from the developers is really bad IMO. Just a simple twitter post, or announcement in the forum, or any kind of mention whatsoever would have been fine. But to go totally silent about it and leave us not knowing whether there will ever be another update or not, it's very disappointing to see.

I understand the Fortnite situation, but to have made all the money they have from this game now, and not be able to spare even ONE dev, or make an official announcement about future plans is really bad considering the amount of info they gave us back when UT was in development. I remember watching the update Q+A videos with some of the team on youtube, they were great. But it looks abandoned to me now, since nothing has been done or even talked about by Epic concering this game since 2017 July.

It's worrying not have any dialogue whatsoever from the company regarding the game, I was very excited when I first heard UT was coming back. I congratulate the company on their success with Fortnite, but I refuse to believe they do not have the resources or money to either put a SMALL team back on UT and/or hire more devs. Is UT cancelled? Is it delayed? If so, until when roughly? These are things that could be answered with a very brief official statement. Don't just pretend the game never existed and never mention it.

Comment

Working...
                                X