Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    coward epic ignore ut community keeping silence

    Comment


      #32
      As a long time UT/unreal player, i had hopes Epic would come back but i now face the reality: they no longer care about either UT4 or the community at all.

      Comment


        #33
        Guys should write a bunch of Emo poems about how sad and how much life sucks.
        PayBack
        Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

        Comment


          #34
          "coward epic ignore ut community keeping silence"
          Wow! Why don't you go to Epic Headquarter at Cary NC and tell them what you told here? I bet you had no balls to do that. Sick reading the same shiz like this,
          I blame to "community" (including the so-called "pros" people who screw the enjoy factor in the game, by the way, who the hell cares about so-called -and nobody knows what it is by definition, oh no! never mind!- the "playability" word. First enjoy factor and then the overall things) to get UT4 stopped: result? many complaining and none of complainers do nothing to participating in this since zero minute. its the eaasy attitude of majority complainers.

          Get a **** life (marry, have childs, get a job or whatever) and get over it!
          Last edited by darksonny; 09-16-2018, 07:00 AM.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by PayBack View Post
            Guys should write a bunch of Emo poems about how sad and how much life sucks.

            I played a game
            Twas no money...was free
            It was supported by the
            Commm-uoon-Nat-Tee
            Twas not made the way I like
            So I cried and cried
            Like when Santa did not bring me a bike
            I wish it was this
            I wish it was that
            But I still sit here and play
            While my body gets fat
            I think I will go outdoors
            Into the world
            And get a life
            Maybe meet a girl
            And put this silly game away
            Maintain my composure
            Have a nice day!

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Gonad McNuttles View Post


              I played a game
              Twas no money...was free
              It was supported by the
              Commm-uoon-Nat-Tee
              Twas not made the way I like
              So I cried and cried
              Like when Santa did not bring me a bike
              I wish it was this
              I wish it was that
              But I still sit here and play
              While my body gets fat
              I think I will go outdoors
              Into the world
              And get a life
              Maybe meet a girl
              And put this silly game away
              Maintain my composure
              Have a nice day!
              Ten out of Ten.

              Originally posted by darksonny
              (including the so-called "pros" people who screw the enjoy factor in the game
              Absolutely right.

              Comment


                #37
                I could understand if the Developers wanted to permanently abandon UT4's development, and I could understand if they wanted to put it on hold indefinitely. What I do not understand and what I find irritating is the complete lack of communication from the Developers about their intentions for the game. I think it's just kind of rude and disrespectful to the fanbase (as small as it may be) not to let us know what's going on. What's the big secret? How hard would it be to provide some updated communication other than a Discord chat message from over one year ago?

                Does Epic plan to scrap UT4?

                Does Epic plan to work on it again one day?

                Is the status of UT4 undecided?

                Why is that such sensitive, confidential information? All I can think of is that making intentions known could in some way compromise the success of a potential UT sequel or Fortnite in some sort of a way, perhaps by tipping off competitors as to Epic's plans.
                Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 09-16-2018, 09:24 PM.
                UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

                UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

                Comment


                  #38
                  Just wanted to say that was awesome Gonad !

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
                    I could understand if the Developers wanted to permanently abandon UT4's development, and I could understand if they wanted to put it on hold indefinitely. What I do not understand and what I find irritating is the complete lack of communication from the Developers about their intentions for the game. I think it's just kind of rude and disrespectful to the fanbase (as small as it may be) not to let us know what's going on. What's the big secret? How hard would it be to provide some updated communication other than a Discord chat message from over one year ago?

                    Does Epic plan to scrap UT4?

                    Does Epic plan to work on it again one day?

                    Is the status of UT4 undecided?

                    Why is that such sensitive, confidential information? All I can think of is that making intentions known could in some way compromise the success of a potential UT sequel or Fortnite in some sort of a way, perhaps by tipping off competitors as to Epic's plans.

                    I don't think there's any big secret. There's NO WAY they could just come here and make a "state of the game" statement. Do you think a large portion of posters here would be like "Ah, cool, good to know, thanks for the update". No, it would be question after question after question until it was beat to absolute death. And after that they'd get called cowards. I mean, what the **** is that? I sure as heck wouldn't post here if I was a dev either.

                    They're paying money for the servers and they're still up. That is saying something.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Tack View Post

                      They're paying money for the servers and they're still up. That is saying something.
                      This, well said

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by dm304 View Post
                        Just wanted to say that was awesome Gonad !
                        Thanks DM! It is amazing how quickly silly things pop in my head!!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          So because it's free and they are paying servers it's not ok to criticize Epic Games about this astounding silence on UT4 status?
                          Should we just s*** up and enjoy the game until it slowly dies?
                          There are complainers about UT4 status because some players care about UT4 future and enjoy playing it.
                          If nobody cared about the game, there would not be dozens of posts about UT4 status.
                          UT4 looks more and more like an abandonware.
                          Player count decreasing, same gametype and maps being played (cheops, ...), pugs and cups count dramatically dropping
                          and Epic totally silent, UT4 is slowly dying.
                          If people enjoy the way it is, it's good, i do respect that.
                          Anyway, cya in Quake Champions !

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by ʗɵɳʄɽɵɳʈɑʈɨɵɳ View Post
                            So because it's free and they are paying servers it's not ok to criticize Epic Games about this astounding silence on UT4 status?
                            Should we just s*** up and enjoy the game until it slowly dies?
                            There are complainers about UT4 status because some players care about UT4 future and enjoy playing it.
                            If nobody cared about the game, there would not be dozens of posts about UT4 status.
                            UT4 looks more and more like an abandonware.
                            Player count decreasing, same gametype and maps being played (cheops, ...), pugs and cups count dramatically dropping
                            and Epic totally silent, UT4 is slowly dying.
                            If people enjoy the way it is, it's good, i do respect that.
                            Anyway, cya in Quake Champions !
                            No, its just the community that is here is absolutely sick and tired of these cry baby threads. Those of us still here want to continue to make UT4 a better game and work together as a community. This b*tch about Epic not making UT thread and the 100s of other ones serve no purpose, accomplish nothing and are a negative drain on the community. Anyone stupid enough to think Tim Sweeney is going to read this thread and suddenly change his mind about the direction of Epic and the games its developing is delusional.
                            PayBack
                            Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                            Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                            UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                            UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by PayBack View Post

                              No, its just the community that is here is absolutely sick and tired of these cry baby threads. Those of us still here want to continue to make UT4 a better game and work together as a community. This b*tch about Epic not making UT thread and the 100s of other ones serve no purpose, accomplish nothing and are a negative drain on the community. Anyone stupid enough to think Tim Sweeney is going to read this thread and suddenly change his mind about the direction of Epic and the games its developing is delusional.

                              ​​​​You are representative of the community?
                              As i said if people enjoy the way it is thats fine.
                              If there were no 'complainers' the UT4 status would still lead to a negative drain.
                              Good luck for improving UT4 besides maps and gametypes without an engine update or core c++ code modification that can only be done by Epic.

                              Hehe about Tim Sweeney or whoever im not that stupid, im not expecting any answer from them now.
                              This 13+ month silence is like an answer.

                              Have fun!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Hi all,

                                Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

                                If anything changes, I'll let you know. <3
                                Stacey Conley
                                -----------------------------
                                Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                                Epic Games, Inc.
                                Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X