Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flak Rules!!!! <3!

Comment

Thanks for the update Flak.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.
        This is all I've wanted to hear, just some acknowledgement of UT's existence from someone at Epic. It's good to know that UT4 hasn't been definitively scrapped yet. Thank you. I hope that you guys have some sort of a plan for producing and marketing a polished UT4 (introducing it to the millions of Fortnite players in some way) that could one day become as popular as Fortnite once Fortnite's popularity starts to wane.
        Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 09-18-2018, 03:23 PM.
        UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Hi all,

Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

If anything changes, I'll let you know. <3
          Hey, thank you for the word, Stacey.

I'm glad it's simply "on hold" and not "cancelled" ... I'm still holding out hope development will continue as are a lot of other UT fans.

Thank you for the update.
          www.Area51Gaming.com
          UT99 | TacOps | CS:GO

Comment

Sometimes it's good to take a deep breath, d33p_Sky. Your comparison of EPIC to Valve and EA is illfounded when you consider the industry that has adopted a 30% commission standard whereas EPIC requires only 5%.
            Yes there's still alot to do with UT and hopefully will be done in the near future. My bets on after FT is fully released across all platforms.
            Meanwhile, think about the fact.. UT currently has in excess of 180 playable maps out so join me in being just a little bit content with playing/waiting with what we do have and not fret about the don't.
            If that fails just reread what Gonad so eloquently put together.
            LoPing
            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks Flak. I think we all understand that the cash cow of Fortnite needs to be milked dry, but a message like that at least tells us that we're not completely forgotten about!

The community has been doing a great job of building facilities for sharing maps and content, game modes, hosting servers, tournaments, etc. but it still does need Epic to drive the game forward to increase the player base.
              Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

I am sure that they stopped the development of UT4, because it is very likely to take a different direction, possibly as it was with Quake (Champions).

My Last Fragmovie "Over the Top" 1080p@60fps

Comment

Hi all,

Dude that's all we wanted to hear, nobody is bothered about the lack of development, just the silence. Like a sentence on twitter once a month would keep the rumours of oblivion away and keep people investing time into the game.

Comment

Hi all,

I love you, Stacey! You have given many of us a huge relief of stress about UT4's status. It's more than great to hear that it is "on hold" and "not in the trash bin". As I have stated before, UT4 has such great potential and the more time the devs work on Fortnite, the more spare time they have to come up with creative and innovative ideas for UT4's future. My faith in you guys remains, and this reply you've gifted us has sparked my desire to continue work on my take of a great elimination map :]
                    Last edited by ThotSlayer9OOO; 09-22-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
                      So to get your train of thought straight here. Epic took the original UT Dev team for UT4 and many previous UT titles and had them make the biggest game in the world bringing 200-300 million dollars a month from Fortnite, you think that because Epic is doing well that they should either:

A.) Remove the team that is responsible for a billion dollar franchise from the game and put them on an side project that has less than 1% of that earning potential?
                      B.) Hire a bunch of random developers off the street to make UT despite the fact that the majority of UT4 devs were devs for the previous UT games and hope they dont **** it up.

Go find something else to do, maybe instead of crying on the forums that Epic isnt doing enough to make you happy with UT, you go and make something for the UT community.
                      With Epics long silence, a lone vigilante appears to set the records straight. The hero we needed, but not the hero we deserved,

**** off m8

Comment

Woow! "Great" answer from devs after year of silent. Next "2 words" will be in next year, later or never? What mean "on hold"? On hold until epic spend all money from fornite?

Comment

Oh look, whining on the forums did pay off, what else do you have to say payback?

Also, the reason it wasn't popular before was because the game was advertised as pre-alpha, and systems were changed often. Most people didn't want to jump into a game so heavily under development yet. Believe me that if it wasn't put on hold and was approaching release, there would've been way more interest in it.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks Flak. We look forward to any news. I think your reply will hold us over to the new year. January 2nd when were all sober, we'll be looking for you

Comment

WOW... "still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue" ... "there isn't anything new to report"
                              Definite proof that UT is not canceled. I can hardly wait to jump in to polish UT, from the bus of course, and start smashing things with pickaxe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
                                Oh look, whining on the forums did pay off, what else do you have to say payback?

Also, the reason it wasn't popular before was because the game was advertised as pre-alpha, and systems were changed often. Most people didn't want to jump into a game so heavily under development yet. Believe me that if it wasn't put on hold and was approaching release, there would've been way more interest in it.
                                Whining on the forums paid off because Epic said the exact same thing they said over a year ago and have repeatedly said in discord over the same course of time? How long before you get insecure about the UT4 project again and start crying on the forums daily for the exact same update?
                                PayBack

Comment

Working...
                                X