Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough from Flak's statement , people like sunflower and their whiner team kept to choose whine again like crying babies wow, never are enough from you guys, no thanks word for Epic (and this is the second time! and their servers are still not down today at 21st september!) no calm down etc...instead: whining whining!

whining for how are/were doing with this ut
    whining whether this game is beta or prealpha
    whining every thing whatever what whiners could think about x or y is or not a bad thing
    whining cos the game is not pro-gamer enough to satisfy their egos
    list can follow
    whinning!
    whinning!

Comment

I wanted to thank FLAK. Your post was greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
        Not enough from Flak's statement , people like sunflower and their whiner team kept to choose whine again like crying babies wow, never are enough from you guys, no thanks word for Epic (and this is the second time! and their servers are still not down today at 21st september!) no calm down etc...instead: whining whining!

whining for how are/were doing with this ut
        whining whether this game is beta or prealpha
        whining every thing whatever what whiners could think about x or y is or not a bad thing
        whining cos the game is not pro-gamer enough to satisfy their egos
        list can follow
        whinning!
        whinning!
        Whining about whining is whining too you know.

Also, the game is in a stand still atm, what should people thank epic for?
        For moving onto fortnite and leaving this game unfinished?
        Wouldn't that just encourage them and other devs to do this more and more often, since they can get away with it?
        People like you and payback defending them over such practices is what's wrong with gaming nowdays, it is the reason games get released early, unfinished and broken. Or just left in limbo like this one.

Also people who whine here, do so because they care about the game enough to want to see it finished. Mods won't add in the missing planned features, maps and what else the devs envisioned. It also won't increase the number of players interested in the game. Only the devs can do these things, so telling people to start modding it is useless. Even if it's modded to hell and finished by mods, it still won't be the unreal tournament the devs wanted to create, it will be the specific vision of the modder, and i'm not sure that such a game can still be called unreal tournament anymore. It's not the job of modders to finish a game, it's what they do to improve upon the finished product and make it more fun. But you can't improve upon what isn't there.

Also the game is on hold, not canceled, which is good, but the question still remains, for how long? A month? a year? 5 years? 10 years? Forever?
        Will we get a finished unreal tournament with unreal engine 4? 5? 10?

I have all of them, i love all of them, i played all of them, and i want to see this game finished not by modders but by the devs. And i will keep saying this, until it happens. Not because i want to whine, but because i want to see the game finished. And if you don't like it noone is forcing you to read these threads and posts, you do so out of your own free will, and you whine about them too.
        Last edited by Dark_Messiah; 09-21-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
          (... and their servers are still not down today at 21st september!)
          There are UT3 servers still managed by EPIC... and UT3 The Battle Royale mod is expected any day now

Comment

Originally posted by TectPyh View Post
            UT3 The Battle Royale mod is expected any day now
            Really? Someone is making a BR mod for UT3? That might give me a reason to reinstall.
            UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post

Really? Someone is making a BR mod for UT3? That might give me a reason to reinstall.
              Sorry, of course NOT... It was just irony based on logic that if EPIC maintain servers, game is not dead and everything is OK.

Comment

It's nice to have a reply from Flak, but it just tells us the same story we already knew. I suspect there are a dozen projects at Epic that are currently "on hold".
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Good to have some news.
                  So what does it mean?

Since they are not working atm on UT4 there wont be any update at least until end of year. (not to mention haloween event that will prob be ripped off like last year)

Moreover it seems that as long as fortnite is sucesful they will continue focus on it so i doubt they come back very soon...

Considering the cash flow from fortnite i am bit suspicious about the 'there arent a lot of people to spare' statement. (money --> hire people). I think its a matter of willness.

Finally the 'on hold' status means they could either work back on it or cancel it.

If they do come back after fortnite success drops, by that time most of people will have switched to another game and only a very few hardcore fans will remain on UT4 playing forever cheops map with elim gametype.

The average player count is right now not sufficient to make new gametypes/mod succesful.
                  Wish they come back very soon but they better hurry.

Comment

glad to hear from the devs. frag on, friends.

Comment

"Since they are not working atm on UT4 there wont be any update at least until end of year."

Why are the people making suppositions or imagine the date which they would back again to work for UT? Flak did no say anything like that, please stop making assumptions nobody knows when will they restart the project.

Comment

Originally posted by ʗɵɳʄɽɵɳʈɑʈɨɵɳ View Post
                        Considering the cash flow from fortnite i am bit suspicious about the 'there arent a lot of people to spare' statement. (money --> hire people). I think its a matter of willness.
                        Maybe they're conservative in the hiring and don't want to hire people they might have to one day lay off. Yeah, that's probably pretty far-fetched for the computer programming / game development world.

UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Well i think they should just abandon this UT pre alpha iteration and start all over again because game isn't just fun and good.
                          im UT and Q fan and today i have pleasure to play QC, UT4, UT99 and UT2k4 in 4k on 55" OLED, yeah tv is awesome but quickly i notice the differences between all games.
                          UT99 i instantly "feel" the game and started fragging, movement was so good and only characters animations lacks a lot of fluid in thier moves, yeah graphics is outdated but it also looks frikn awesome thanks to lightning, clearness of design. TBH it looked a lot better and more pleasing for eye than UT2k4. QC was just incredible experience, smoothness of movement and game itself gave me the most pure fun and immersion from all fps ever played. UT4 was on last place in terms of fun to play, character animations, scalling, movement, all of this was bad but the most fun breaking functions ware all those which intended to make game look and feel more realistic like hand waving when strafing, rockets starting off from barrel instead center of screen (give that lag feel) all this takes the smoothness from gameplay.
                          I think if they want to make next UT great again they should concentrate on smooth, fast gameplay (ut99+2k4 movement), atmosphere of game, scalling, animations.

Comment

I agree. Instead of making an alpha of an unfinished game, we should scrap that and start over with a finished, polished AAA title. The destination will be far better if we skip the journey, and my analysis of destinations exclusively backs this hypothesis 100%.

Obvious ridiculousness aside, it's true that realism is a zero-value objective that gets in the way of good gameplay. That just has very little to do with why UT4 compares so unfavorably.
                            Last edited by HonoredMule; 09-24-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I'm in the "Make UT99-2 with the new UT 2004 game modes" camp too.

Comment

Well you all know I will always love UT. It was the first game I was ever "addicted" to, playing six or more hours a day. <3
                                Stacey Conley
                                -----------------------------
                                Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                                Epic Games, Inc.
                                Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                                X