Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah the many battles with Flak on LOST CAUSE in ut3!, so many good memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
      Well you all know I will always love UT. It was the first game I was ever "addicted" to, playing six or more hours a day. <3
      Well for me also, the UT99 was just masterpiece, ut2k4 was also very fun (but it get old more than every other), even in UT3 i spend a lot of time but UT4 is other way, it's just not fun, i know it's in early stage but main things are bad and it feels bad, the worse is that the devs insist on bad decisions and make that game even worse.
      Someone can say arena fps genre just gets bored but then QC came out and now im playing it every day even if it's not perfect, even if it lacks content (ffs only about 8maps and game is open for long time), but gameplay, movement, "feel" of everything and atmosphere, climate is so good that makes me just happy when i play it.
      They try to make UT more realistic dunno why even if it don't make anything good in UT3, after that they try even harder to break game, only one good thing they realise is that too much stuff on maps is bad. Srly when making new UT they should look what makes new DOOM (especially) and QC so good, it's the perfect remake of classic gameplay with huuuge concentration on atmosphere of game so it can suck You in, and UT99 has almost everything the best.
      In terms of weapons they should abandon goo launcher for granade launcher with secondary that make You choose if granade explode on impact or bounce, and sniper riffle change to lightning gun because it's cool and oryginal and remove tribarrel rocket launcher, it's borring by now and something else could be cooler

That's how new UT should look like in terms of music, artstyle, lightning, atmosphere, design etc, it's just perfect UT the true new UT99:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ZdXao5XqeqM
      Last edited by mar-v-son; 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks Flak. We're waiting

Comment

Hi all,

Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

If anything changes, I'll let you know. <3
          If only ya'll could outsource the work, and still get a fantastic job on it done. I' kind of had always wondered if there was any plans for a single player mode in the new UT4.
          http://www.speedtest.net/result/5025355936.png
          My Gaming Setup;
          i7-4770K @3.5Ghz (original clock speed) 12gig RAM. nVidea GTX 760 (192-Bit) - Windows 10 64 Bit
          Razor DeathAdder Chroma(Mouse), Razor Vespula (Mousepad), Razor Kraken Pro (headset), Acer 19.5' Monitor, LG 120 Hrz 4K 49' TV
          Total Build Cost; $3,610 CDN, w/ 5 year extended warranty on all parts.

Comment

Hi all,

Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

Logged in for the first time ever I think just to say I appreciate the information. Thanks! I, for one, will be waiting.

Comment

Hi all,

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...nt-1203080017/

“‘Unreal Tournament’ remains available in the store but isn’t actively developed,” he [Tim Sweeney] told Variety.
              Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Hi all,

Yo devs might there be a way to make community maps and mutators more accessible thru the main game browser? If more casual players could log in and browse a workshop, modshop, etc. then 3rd party development will move much quicker.

Im rather dumb sometimes but it took me months of playing before I even thought to do a google search for more maps, lo and behold there are tons of em available for download, some decent classic remakes that would be appreciated by many. But how many actually know about this? its not apparent anywhere in the game if youre a new player, you can even see a couple community maps on the level browser so it almost implies more will come.

TLDR Im learning to make maps and others have already made great maps and mutators in order to continue UT project. It would help the games playerbase if users didnt need to visit 3rd party site for content.

Comment

Working...
                X