Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Abandonware ? With all the earnings from Fortnite.. you would think

(You would think) Epic would put some of that money towards Unreal Tournament with a proper dedicated team alongside community support. Epic can afford putting resources to UT. To my understanding Hundreds of millions is being made off of Fortnite. As a fan Im somewhat offended by the current silence. We are entering Gabe Newell and Electronic Arts territory with the way UT is being handled. No news, No in game store updates, No means where people can put their offerings in UT store currently. Throw Unreal Tournament fans a bone. There is so much that can be done with Unreal Tournament from a lore perspective to all the game modes to the characters , etc C'mon Epic. sad face x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Hi all,

Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

If anything changes, I'll let you know. <3
    Yo devs might there be a way to make community maps and mutators more accessible thru the main game browser? If more casual players could log in and browse a workshop, modshop, etc. then 3rd party development will move much quicker.

Im rather dumb sometimes but it took me months of playing before I even thought to do a google search for more maps, lo and behold there are tons of em available for download, some decent classic remakes that would be appreciated by many. But how many actually know about this? its not apparent anywhere in the game if youre a new player, you can even see a couple community maps on the level browser so it almost implies more will come.

TLDR Im learning to make maps and others have already made great maps and mutators in order to continue UT project. It would help the games playerbase if users didnt need to visit 3rd party site for content.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

Development of Unreal Tournament is still on hold and I don't have any news about when it will continue. Many of you have been asking for an update, but there isn't anything new to report at this time. The team is working super hard on Fortnite, so there aren't a lot of people to spare.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...nt-1203080017/

“‘Unreal Tournament’ remains available in the store but isn’t actively developed,” he [Tim Sweeney] told Variety.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

Logged in for the first time ever I think just to say I appreciate the information. Thanks! I, for one, will be waiting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

If only ya'll could outsource the work, and still get a fantastic job on it done. I' kind of had always wondered if there was any plans for a single player mode in the new UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Flak. We're waiting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you all know I will always love UT. It was the first game I was ever "addicted" to, playing six or more hours a day. <3
    Well for me also, the UT99 was just masterpiece, ut2k4 was also very fun (but it get old more than every other), even in UT3 i spend a lot of time but UT4 is other way, it's just not fun, i know it's in early stage but main things are bad and it feels bad, the worse is that the devs insist on bad decisions and make that game even worse.
    Someone can say arena fps genre just gets bored but then QC came out and now im playing it every day even if it's not perfect, even if it lacks content (ffs only about 8maps and game is open for long time), but gameplay, movement, "feel" of everything and atmosphere, climate is so good that makes me just happy when i play it.
    They try to make UT more realistic dunno why even if it don't make anything good in UT3, after that they try even harder to break game, only one good thing they realise is that too much stuff on maps is bad. Srly when making new UT they should look what makes new DOOM (especially) and QC so good, it's the perfect remake of classic gameplay with huuuge concentration on atmosphere of game so it can suck You in, and UT99 has almost everything the best.
    In terms of weapons they should abandon goo launcher for granade launcher with secondary that make You choose if granade explode on impact or bounce, and sniper riffle change to lightning gun because it's cool and oryginal and remove tribarrel rocket launcher, it's borring by now and something else could be cooler

That's how new UT should look like in terms of music, artstyle, lightning, atmosphere, design etc, it's just perfect UT the true new UT99:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ZdXao5XqeqM
    Last edited by mar-v-son; 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah the many battles with Flak on LOST CAUSE in ut3!, so many good memories!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you all know I will always love UT. It was the first game I was ever "addicted" to, playing six or more hours a day. <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm in the "Make UT99-2 with the new UT 2004 game modes" camp too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree. Instead of making an alpha of an unfinished game, we should scrap that and start over with a finished, polished AAA title. The destination will be far better if we skip the journey, and my analysis of destinations exclusively backs this hypothesis 100%.

Obvious ridiculousness aside, it's true that realism is a zero-value objective that gets in the way of good gameplay. That just has very little to do with why UT4 compares so unfavorably.
    Last edited by HonoredMule; 09-24-2018, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i think they should just abandon this UT pre alpha iteration and start all over again because game isn't just fun and good.
    im UT and Q fan and today i have pleasure to play QC, UT4, UT99 and UT2k4 in 4k on 55" OLED, yeah tv is awesome but quickly i notice the differences between all games.
    UT99 i instantly "feel" the game and started fragging, movement was so good and only characters animations lacks a lot of fluid in thier moves, yeah graphics is outdated but it also looks frikn awesome thanks to lightning, clearness of design. TBH it looked a lot better and more pleasing for eye than UT2k4. QC was just incredible experience, smoothness of movement and game itself gave me the most pure fun and immersion from all fps ever played. UT4 was on last place in terms of fun to play, character animations, scalling, movement, all of this was bad but the most fun breaking functions ware all those which intended to make game look and feel more realistic like hand waving when strafing, rockets starting off from barrel instead center of screen (give that lag feel) all this takes the smoothness from gameplay.
    I think if they want to make next UT great again they should concentrate on smooth, fast gameplay (ut99+2k4 movement), atmosphere of game, scalling, animations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ʗɵɳʄɽɵɳʈɑʈɨɵɳ View Post
    Considering the cash flow from fortnite i am bit suspicious about the 'there arent a lot of people to spare' statement. (money --> hire people). I think its a matter of willness.
    Maybe they're conservative in the hiring and don't want to hire people they might have to one day lay off. Yeah, that's probably pretty far-fetched for the computer programming / game development world.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Since they are not working atm on UT4 there wont be any update at least until end of year."

Why are the people making suppositions or imagine the date which they would back again to work for UT? Flak did no say anything like that, please stop making assumptions nobody knows when will they restart the project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    glad to hear from the devs. frag on, friends.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X