• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should UT3 be revived? Vote!

Go & vote! https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ut3-be-revived
    General Poor Behavior II
    http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...psi5debu8k.jpg

UT3 was never really alive because it was a consolized abomination. It's kind of hard to revive a stillborn that was essentially the final nail in the coffin for the UT series.
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

What does a UT3 revival even mean? If it's simply resuscitation, how do you do that? The anti-UT3 community has already won the battle. They killed UT3 and in doing so have ended the future of the UT series. There were just way too many folks dedicated to save UT1 and/or UT2 by eliminating or destroying UT3. They did not end up saving UT1 or UT2, but they were quite successful in destroying UT3.

All you can hope for is to bring back some former UT3 players, and hope UT4 continues after the popularity of F--t N-ght starts to spin down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC Warfare #2 or #3

My Gaming Rigs-
      - Win7 Pro - ASUS Z68, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX980Ti Gaming 6G, ASUS VG248 @144Hz
      - Fedora Linux - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti WindForce, ASUS VG248 @144Hz, Samsung EVO-850 500Gb
      - Win7 Home - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti Classified, VG248 @144Hz

-------- The Intel core i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz is still as fast or faster than all that came before or after. ---------
      Last edited by Bobba_Novis; 08-18-2018, 12:42 PM. Reason: grammer and grace
      Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

UT3 could extremely practical serve as the base for UT4
        only then the up now seen characters and weapons would
        design wise not fit better than its originals what is bad
        since just these were the actual elements of said recreation.
        GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

To me, a UT3 revival would be trying to reassemble the broken community of UT3 players to play a game that was really fun. Back when we had our server running (Hedsteem) we had a full server every night with full spectator slots. We had a HUGE amount of content that we rotated regularly, weapons, vehicles, mutators, holiday mods & maps. It was fun & I enjoyed making the things that people loved. What do modern games offer that can compare? What modern games let you easily make your own content & give you the tools to do it?
          General Poor Behavior II

Comment

Yea! Old UTs(99,2004,2007) that all we have, they are old but alive - community, mods, maps, modes(dm,tdm,ctf,vctf,warfare,assault) etc. All that i can not say about ut4, its dead before born.

Comment

Loved UT3!!
              X58 i7 970 4.2GHz HT on, GTX 1070, 144Hz 1ms, 1080p in-game res.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobba_Novis
                The anti-UT3 community has already won the battle. They killed UT3 and in doing so have ended the future of the UT series.
                What are you talking about? The "anti-UT3 community" had been very much looking forward to UT3, but then when it turned out to be a consolized abomination and an insult to PC players, they lost interest. If I remember correctly, the UT99 pro community liked the basic game play of the "Beta Demo" and were looking forward to the final release hoping to revitalize Capture-the-Flag, but the final release was basically the same as the beta-Demo, having the worst user interface and server browser of any UT game by a large margin and infested with Gamespy garbage.

"The anti-UT3 community" didn't somehow swoop in and DDOS attack all UT3 servers. You make it sound like there was some sort of a concerted effort to prevent people from playing UT3. Blame Midway and Epic Games, if you must blame someone. All Epic Games had to do was produce a first rate, polished UT99-2 with that included the new UT 2004 game modes with a modern, first rate user interface and server browser that handled custom content well and was easy for server admins to work with. But that's not what we got. Instead we ended up with a game intended for console players. (I bought the Collector's Edition of UT3 a few days after its release and played Warfare online for several months. I've forgotten more about what was wrong with UT3 than most people will ever know.)

I liked the basic UT3 game play. I thought it was actually pretty good. It's just that everything else surrounding it was awful. I remember that every time I loaded it up I would say to myself, "What a shame."
                Last edited by WHIPperSNAPper; 08-18-2018, 06:42 PM.
                UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Tonight is game night! Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC Warfare #2 or #3

Revive UT3 one match at a time.

Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC Warfare #2 or #3

My Gaming Rigs-
                  - Win7 Pro - ASUS Z68, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX980Ti Gaming 6G, ASUS VG248 @144Hz
                  - Fedora Linux - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti WindForce, ASUS VG248 @144Hz, Samsung EVO-850 500Gb
                  - Win7 Home - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti Classified, VG248 @144Hz

-------- The Intel core i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz is still as fast or faster than all that came before or after. ---------
                  Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

On a second thought UT3 maybe should not be revived as many
                    may have thought and instead its characters and weapons ect.
                    could be put in some old game like eg. Rune or idk. - but not UT2k4 ... .
                    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

No, I loved UT3 but it's a flawed game. Move on please

Comment

I'm Replying here because I can't post a new forum) Talking about flaws I tried to run UT4 on my Mac Book Pro running Sierra. I bought this labtop in 2010. Used all the low settings and it didn't work.
                        Maybe my computer isn't strong enough. Ok
                        So can I play UT2004 or UT99 on this Mac?

I've been playing UT2004 since I was a teenager. I used to be in Omnipotents servers all the time and still until recently played Freon in my cousins Windows computer.
                        Your really telling me there is no hope for my Mac to run it?
                        Is UT4 going to have Freon one of the best game types ever created?

Comment

Name a game without flaws.
                          General Poor Behavior II

Comment

OVERWATCH run pretty flawless! I don't really care about UT3 anymore. Yes it was flawed but it was a blast and fun to work with the editor. I'm ready to move on and really hope Epic gets their head outta their *** and finishes UT4. The UE4 engine is by far much superior! We just need some more Coding....VEHICLES!!!!!!
                            Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

There will never be vehicles in UT4.
                              General Poor Behavior II

Comment

Working...
                              X