Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProMode Mutator

Mutator is live! https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content/...tator?tab=view

ProMode v1.2 was just released. Due to community request I have refractored the mutator so that you can now use ProWeapons and ProMovement Independently. Heres how it works.

ProMode - All features possible. This includes ProWeapons, ProMovement and any game mode specific changes.
    ProWeapons - This only includes the ProWeapon changes.
    ProMovement - This only includes the ProMovement change.

mutator=/game/promode/mutator_promode.mutator_promode_C
    mutator=/game/promode/mutator_proweapons.mutator_proweapons_C
    mutator=/game/promode/mutator_promovement.mutator_promovement_C​​​​​​​

UTPugs has been working to simplify and expand the ProWeapons and ProCTF game modes into a more inclusive package. The end result is ProMode. The idea behind ProMode is that many games have a casual and then a hardcore game mode where a lot of the mechanics that make the game broadly appealing through simplicity and handicaps are removed, thats what ProMode does. It combines the Pro Weapon weapon changes, the ProCTF game mode changes, the new ProMovement changes and in the near future Pro scoreboards starting with a new CTF scoreboard designed by Krypt. Since this new mutator uses no custom pawns it vastly improves its game mode compatibility and should in theory work with just about any community made game mode. So far its been tested with CTF, Duel, TDM, DM Blitz and Elimination. The older ProWeapons and ProCTF game modes will no longer be updated as this mutator will facilitate both those needs without the worry of outdated or overlapping file versions and the troubles they can cause. No more deleting old paks because a weapon is messed up or the game feels jittery. One pak file to rule them all.

The Pro Weapon changes that are now a part of the ProMode mutator can be found here for reference https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...weapon-mutator
    The Pro CTF changes that are now a part of the ProMode mutator can be found here for reference https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...inal-game-mode

The Pro Movement changes do not have there own thread as the changes are pretty simple and partially taken from the movement the ictf players have been using. The changes are very minimal with the intention of getting rid of the whole "walking in mud" feeling that many people complain about.

ProMovement Changes

Increased air control
    Higher acceleration
    Changing direction and stopping happens sooner

In addition to the changes made by ProCTF and ProWeapons and ProMovement here are a few notable changes that are applied to all game modes when using the ProMode mutator.

General ProMode Change

-Starting Armor is removed.
    -AMP does not drop when a player carrying it dies.
    -Suicide is enabled using the cli and "mutate suicide" command.
    -Hudview kick is disable.
    -Pickup timers are disabled on all items.
    -Ghost image removed from pickup bases.

The changes listed below currently only apply when playing the CTF game mode, but can/will be expanded in the near future or altered based on feedback to other specific game modes.

ProCTF Changes

-2 second respawn timer.
    -No spawn protection.
    -Improved Warmup Experience. All ammo, all weapons and extra health are given during warm up.
    -Kill assists are disabled.
    -Half time advantage time increased to 60 seconds.
    -Overtime respawn time is 2 seconds for the first 10 minutes, then 5 seconds. No incremental increases every minute.
    -CTF flag pick up radius increased so that it properly matches the flag.

For those of you not familiar with Pro Weapons, its mostly found on NA servers, UTPugs, Absolute and Unreal Carnage. It can also be found on UnrealPug servers in the EU.

Here is a summary of the weapon changes. All of these changes have literally taken almost 2 years to fine tune and dial in. For those of you not familiar with UTPugs we are a competitive Pug community in NA. We have created our own in-depth stats mutator that allows us to pull, gather and compare vast amounts of game data from each match to evaluate individual changes. Combine that with PB who is a stats major, it makes for a good recipe to balance out weapons with limited personal bias included.

Pro Weapon Changes

All weapons
    Fast weapon switch.
    No Hud shake

Rocket Launcher
    Primary - Faster, lower splash radius, slightly lower damage.
    Secondary - Faster, lower splash radius, less damage than primary per rocket, wider spread, no lock on tracking.
    Secondary - Rocket launcher has grenades again, they do the same damage as Primary rockets.

Flak
    Primary - Tighter and consistent spread pattern, slightly faster ROF, more shards, more DPS per shard, faster damage fall off.
    Secondary - No major changes.

Sniper Rifle
    Primary/Secondary - Adjusted headshot impact radius. Slightly larger while standing and slightly smaller while moving.

Shock Rifle
    Primary - reduced knockback.
    Secondary - Reduced ammo for combo, reduced minimum damage for combos.

Link Gun
    Primary - ROF reduced

Mini Gun
    Primary - Faster spin up time, less spread.
    Secondary - Replaced with shards. 30 damage, knock back, shard jumping

Grenade Launcher - WIP
    Primary - Short delay/air burst. Reduced damage, increased ROF, sticks to walls.
    Secondary - Increased detonation time, increased momentum.

Bio Rifle
    Primary - Lower arch, more distance, more damage, higher ROF, no tracking
    Secondary - No tracking

Enforcer
    Primary - Perfectly accurate, no spread, decreased damage.
    Secondary - Slight spread, decreased damage.

Translocator
    Primary - Further throw distance, no trail.
    Secondary - No after image while translocating.

Impact Hammer
    Primary - Increased distance and damage for jumps, increased range to hit ground.
    Secondary - Increased distance and damage for jumps, increased range to hit ground.

Please keep in mind that this is the initial release of the mutator, bugs and issues may happen and we request that if you experience them to please post them here. We are also open to feedback and input regarding the future of the mutator. We have generally agreed that the ProWeapon balance is in a good spot aside from a few secondary weapons and tweaks. Movement changes are not set in stone and still WIP however we are trying to keep the movement close to stock as not to impact current map designs and movement. What we could really use feedback on is some of the other game modes. Right now ProMode makes a laundry list of changes to CTF in attempts to create a more competitive and high skill level game experience, virtually no work has been on the other game modes like Duel, DM, Blitz and so on. If you are interested in testing with us and provide feedback please check out our discord, invite can be found at ut4pugs.com click on "Join the Action".

The mutator will be released publicly later this week. You will be able to find it on UTPug servers and website as well as UTCC.
    Last edited by PayBack; 09-08-2018, 11:31 AM.
    PayBack
    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Rocket launcher has grenades again and fast weapon switch! Air control! Thank you, can't wait to try it.

Comment

Would almost bring me back for some fraggin, almost

Comment

Mutator is live. https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/content/...tator?tab=view
        PayBack
        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Thank you for all your hard work PayBack!!!!

Comment

Glad people enjoy it.
            PayBack

Comment

God **** you!

How on earth am I supposed to go back to quick matches where all the players are, after being exposed to sharper movement and fast weapon switch?!

One question though. What is the point of removing pickup base ghosts, other than making it a lot harder to learn new maps? I disagree with removing timers too, but at least I can imagine a argument for it from competitive play traditions.

My main concern with a wholesale mutator like this is the lack of client-visible feature toggles. Do I want to: wander blindly on an unfamiliar map trying to figure out where everything is; research offline before I can play competently (yay, work for play); or play it with no fast weapon switch, better movement, nor slightly more sane weapon balance? Having a single codebase and pak distribution may make a lot of sense, but per-feature mutators offer a lot more control over the experience so we don't have to squabble over things like pickup base ghosts with one side necessarily losing forever (or if the losing side is large enough, fragmenting the community and future dev efforts). Internalizing the feature toggles as configuration isn't ideal either, as it would mean joining games running UnspecifiedSubsetOfEverythingMutator.

At any rate, thank you for treating UT4 as an actual thing that deserves to exist; for working to deliver something more like Epic originally promised. It gives me hope.

Comment

Originally posted by HonoredMule View Post
                God **** you!

How on earth am I supposed to go back to quick matches where all the players are, after being exposed to sharper movement and fast weapon switch?!

One question though. What is the point of removing pickup base ghosts, other than making it a lot harder to learn new maps? I disagree with removing timers too, but at least I can imagine a argument for it from competitive play traditions.

My main concern with a wholesale mutator like this is the lack of client-visible feature toggles. Do I want to: wander blindly on an unfamiliar map trying to figure out where everything is; research offline before I can play competently (yay, work for play); or play it with no fast weapon switch, better movement, nor slightly more sane weapon balance? Having a single codebase and pak distribution may make a lot of sense, but per-feature mutators offer a lot more control over the experience so we don't have to squabble over things like pickup base ghosts with one side necessarily losing forever (or if the losing side is large enough, fragmenting the community and future dev efforts). Internalizing the feature toggles as configuration isn't ideal either, as it would mean joining games running UnspecifiedSubsetOfEverythingMutator.

At any rate, thank you for treating UT4 as an actual thing that deserves to exist; for working to deliver something more like Epic originally promised. It gives me hope.
                lol, its a real pain in the ***. The point of removing them is that its a ProMode, its not for casual players who are learning maps or learning to play, its for players who know the maps, know how to time stuff and want to play with that extra skill ceiling that comes with those changes. The reason its not configurable is because truth be told im just a noobie dev stumbling his way through this and I dont have the knowledge or time right now implement it. Glad you enjoy it!
                PayBack

Comment

Stopped by last night and speced a couple maps. Looks really nice!! Keep up the great work.
                  Also was nice seeing alot of familiar faces. Haven't seen buddy since QuakeCon 3 years ago.

Comment

Thanks!

ProMode v1.2 was just released. Due to community request I have refractored the mutator so that you can now use ProWeapons and ProMovement Independently. Heres how it works.

ProMode - All features possible. This includes ProWeapons, ProMovement and any game mode specific changes.
                    ProWeapons - This only includes the ProWeapon changes.
                    ProMovement - This only includes the ProMovement change.

mutator=/game/promode/mutator_promode.mutator_promode_C
                    mutator=/game/promode/mutator_proweapons.mutator_proweapons_C
                    mutator=/game/promode/mutator_promovement.mutator_promovement_C
                    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by KillEmAll View Post
                      Stopped by last night and speced a couple maps. Looks really nice!! Keep up the great work.
                      Also was nice seeing alot of familiar faces. Haven't seen buddy since QuakeCon 3 years ago.
                      Hey dude, it's BongHitEM. You still playing??? Been a long time man.

Comment

It's ALIVE!

I see 2 problems with this mutator. For first is not work on official servers and second is too late Problem is to find someone to play. However I tested this with bots and is pretty nice. What's I recommend is:

1. Hammer - faster max charging time. Maybe less dmg from max charged.

2. Enforcer - I don't like enfo at all, but current is ok.

3. Biorifle - nice primary, looks useful than normal, secondary - faster charging time, less dmg, current is even 190 O_O. Something around 120-150.

4. Shock - as always, faster combo, faster core's speed and max ammo 40.

5. Link - overheating is necessary?

6. Stinger - primary looks great, secondary is finally no "deadly snowflakes". Back to stake shards and jumping is good idea. Maybe dmg is to high.

7. Flak - is ok. Still dangerous.

8. Rocket - good job here. Faster rockets and finally direct hit is less than 100. Of course granades are good too.

9. Sniper - is ok.

That is what I'm thinking. I see potential here but the main problem is find players to test it. However keep going.

Comment

Thanks for rhe feedback! We have tested these changes in thousands of ctf pug matches and probably tens of thousand public elim matches on absolute. These the most well tested weapon changes in UT4 to date.
                          PayBack

Comment

For some reason EU servers dont like it. I hear some
                            People say time to kill is longer. By what,half a sec?

Comment

The time to kill is really not noticeably different if at all. Most weapons are slightly weaker damage, but they are also higher accuracy/situational and we removed spawn armor. Being good with ProWeapons is less about spam and more about consistently using the right weapon in the right situation with the right accuracy.
                              PayBack

Comment

Working...
                              X