Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know why I can't DL CharactersMegaPak01?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know why I can't DL CharactersMegaPak01?

Gets to about 80%, then stops, on both Unreal Carnage & Absolute Atlanta. It's not a mandatory DL as I can cancel and continue. Would like to solve so I can DL Unreal Carnage's 200+ files by walk-away without wasting time on a huge file that won't finish.
    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

how about using UTCC. Download manually and put it in C:\Users\Username\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks

https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/...%2001?tab=view
    Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

n0niz That worked. Thanks!

Comment

Not sure why that happened. I can only test for myself and I did not have that problem and several others have been able to download it. I will say that I have seen this on occasion over the last few years with various files with one or two people.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

if the download takes to long and no match has started, it will time out i guess
          Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

I think this is something different. If you get a timeout, you can reconnect and it will continue on and finish that download. This happens quite a bit with larger files. I think he was saying it would stall the Download All Content method which is unrelated to downloading during a match.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
              Not sure why that happened. I can only test for myself and I did not have that problem and several others have been able to download it. I will say that I have seen this on occasion over the last few years with various files with one or two people.
              Here's what's happening:

1. The CharactersMegaPak01-WindowsNoEditor is NOT flagged as an essential file: thus, hitting cancel allows joining match without finishing DL.
              2. If CharactersMegaPak01-WindowsNoEditor is allowed to continue DL'ing, DL will finish in background, while on screen will show progress bar at ~80%, and will stay there, NOT progressing to next file in queue.
              3. Even with CharactersMegaPak01-WindowsNoEditor DL'ed from UTCC and located in correct directory, online tries to DL file. Cancel allows joining match and skins are shown on players having equipped.

Comment

Working...
              X