Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Unreal Tournament’ Isn’t Being Actively Developed, Epic Confirms

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...nt-1203080017/

“‘Unreal Tournament’ remains available in the store but isn’t actively developed,” he [Tim Sweeney] told Variety.

Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

I noticed in the updated launched that the "auto update" feature for UT was disabled. I recall it being enabled in all previous launchers.

Comment

I see news popping up everywhere now saying OMG UT IS CANCELLED, but i dont see how what was said there is different than what anyone at epic has said since August of last year. Development has stopped for a long time, "ut isn't being actively developed", and every blurp I see from an Epic employee about UT reiterates that same sentiment. Even Variety, after that whole article, can say nothing more than
      While the game isn’t officially dead, the “Unreal Tournament” hasn’t received an official update since the summer of 2017.
      which is basically all there is to say

Comment

Of course it isn't. This should come as no surprise to anyone. UT is on the backburner again just like when Gears of War was popular for Epic.

Comment

I understand new content will only come from us modders and not Epic but is Epic at least doing builds to push our content to the game? I understand we are stuck with the old 4.15 editor and not bug fixes but can we still get our content to the servers some how for other players to test play with?

Comment

In fact I thought "Why is an old Unreal Tournament news listed in the news ticker?" as I visited a gaming site. Well, turns out now we at least got an official statement after more than a year of silence. But this one sentence isn't any new information at all. I'm happy the game is still staying on the launcher. Maybe they'll get back to it someday. Let's hope and dream
            inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

We have had several official updates on the status of UT over the past 18 months, all with the same message.
              PayBack
              Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
              Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
              UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
              UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Was there really any official word on it? Last thing I know was Steve Polge posting on Discord on August 3rd 2017. I remember someone saying that this statement is still valid in... maybe january?

Edit: Okay, I forgot the statement made by Flak on September 18th this year.
                Last edited by Anduriel; 12-06-2018, 07:22 AM.
                inUnreal.de - german Unreal Tournament Fansite

Comment

>tfw you will never play as Gorge with the graphics from UE4 and pwn noobs in a new version of DM-Rankin
                  well, at least the games will get listed on Epic's store

Comment

Working...
                  X