UT vehicles with help from Fortnite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT vehicles with help from Fortnite?

Recently saw that Fortnite now has vehicle support. Any chance Epic can throw us a bone so we can make some vehicles for UT using replication optimizations and other features that helped get them in Fortnite? I heard some tried to do vehicles for UT4 early on but had server replication issues. Do we still have these issues? Are the "vehicle" and "vehicle advanced" example projects enough to get started with or will they not function in a server game?
    Last edited by MaderMax; 12-05-2018, 10:40 AM.

Speaking of porting stuff over, I'd love to see every last skin from Paragon ported over to UT.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/5025355936.png
    My Gaming Setup;
    i7-4770K @3.5Ghz (original clock speed) 12gig RAM. nVidea GTX 760 (192-Bit) - Windows 10 64 Bit
    Razor DeathAdder Chroma(Mouse), Razor Vespula (Mousepad), Razor Kraken Pro (headset), Acer 19.5' Monitor, LG 120 Hrz 4K 49' TV
    Total Build Cost; $3,610 CDN, w/ 5 year extended warranty on all parts.

Comment

I have no problem with that. I'd help port some of those characters over. An advantage UT has over other games is the ability for us to make not only new skins but new mesh swaps as well.

Comment

I'm wondering why the vehicle shadow gets blurry when I change the lights mobility type and why I can't get it back to being sharp.

Using "VehicleAdvExampleMap" The vehicle shadow is super sharp. As seen in image 1 and 2. If I then switch the lights type to "Movable" then shadow gets blurry as seen in image 2 and 3. IF I change the light type to "Static" the shadow gets even more blurry. If I change the light type back to the default of "Stationary" the shadow goes back to being less blurry but there is no way to get the shadow back to being super sharp.

Anyone know why the shadow is changing sharpness and why it won't go back to being sharp? The shadow change remains when I "Play" the game. Only way to get the sharp shadow back is to close the editor and relaunch the project.

Engine used (4.14.3) or latest (4.212.1). They both have the same issue.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MaderMax; 12-15-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Solved

Changing the "Lighting Quality" to "Production" appears to have solved the issue. Shadows are sharp now after building.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MaderMax; 12-15-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

no chance for any help of epic. We already have vehicle running as mutator on UTCC. They work online with some bugs. But what is a vehicle without a gamemode and map? nothing useful. So making a vehicle is nice, but theres more to it to make it working in a match
            Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Working...
            X