Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is utterly bullsh*t

Hello everyone,

They official confirmed that they abandoned UT and won't bring out any updates anymore.

This is utterly bullsh*t, sorry for my behaviour but stuff like this just ****** me off. I'm in my thirties and I grow up with games like UT. This is one of my childhood games.

​​​​​​This version gave me back the nostalgic feeling which is very great. Non-game could give me back the old feeling like Epic Games did. Bethesda with Quake Champions? What a piece of garbage....
    ​​​​​​
    But then Fortnite game around the corner. A battle royal game with awful shooting game mechanics, childish graphics with stupid lootboxes and dance animations, waauwww...

They make a lot of money, children use mom's credit card to buy a new set of clothes. They earn millions of money by people who spend money on useless stuff.

And guess what happens, let's abandon the "old" gamers who made Epic Games big. Let's cancel a game which make Epic Games a great developer, we don't care about the old generation of gamers anymore, we only care about children who use their mom credit card to buy new lootboxes.

I'm so done with gaming....

I'm so disappointing in Epic Games, I'm not supporting this developer anymore after many, many, many years.

Look how many great gamers are still playing UT, look how many great modders and level designers, always great fun in multi-player matches but now they gave use the middle finger by canceling UT.

There is nothing for use anymore, the old generation of gamers are being thrown away, we are just old garbage, nothing else.
    ​​​
    Last edited by Toonen1988; 12-05-2018, 06:49 PM.

You mind link'n up that cancelled confirmation? I just read this other post here.
    You are correct in saying that many great mappers,modders and gamers are still playing (even past 40).
    As for your no use part, there are plenty of hubs up running custom mods & maps and I run a server with 194 maps on it.
    I wouldn't say we're "being thrown away", it's more like being brushed aside.

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
      You mind link'n up that cancelled confirmation? I just read this other post here.
      You are correct in saying that many great mappers,modders and gamers are still playing (even past 40).
      As for your no use part, there are plenty of hubs up running custom mods & maps and I run a server with 194 maps on it.
      I wouldn't say we're "being thrown away", it's more like being brushed aside.
      Even being brushed away doesn't feel right. If I look at the Steam store, there is literally almost nothing that looks interesting. Either they are focused on the main stream or just a cash and grab game.

There is nothing special for the old generation of gamers anymore. And the only good upcoming arena shooter is now being put aside.

​​​​​​

Comment

Epic has never confirmed they have abandoned the game. The game is simply not being actively worked on and is on hold with no further information on when development will continue. Flak (who works for Epic) posted reflecting this a few months ago already. See her post below.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...725#post402725
        irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

Originally posted by xios View Post
          Epic has never confirmed they have abandoned the game. The game is simply not being actively worked on and is on hold with no further information on when development will continue. Flak (who works for Epic) posted reflecting this a few months ago already. See her post below.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...725#post402725
          A famous Dutch websites reports that they cancelt any development of UT and that the game is not receiving any updates anymore, posted today.

Many websites posted a article online today that they stopped with development and that UT won't receive any updates anymore.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...al-tournament/

Comment

Game has been on the **** wagon for years, I quit for over a year because epic just mixes noobs with skilled players all together.
            Noobs used to have their own servers and could not join higher skilled games.
            And whats up with the Blitz servers being down again? Does anyone actually monitor this stuff? I'm 67 and probably won't live long enough to see this finished... It was good while it lasted

Comment

Originally posted by Toonen1988 View Post

A famous Dutch websites reports that they cancelt any development of UT and that the game is not receiving any updates anymore, posted today.

Many websites posted a article online today that they stopped with development and that UT won't receive any updates anymore.

I suppose that Dutch website must have some journalists who translate poorly because no where will you find Epic said the game was "cancelled". All the articles swirling around are simply sourcing from Tim Sweeney's recent comments that they are not "actively" developing it. Flak's post I linked should put any articles to bed on this topic.
              irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Toonen1988 View Post

That article is saying the same thing the previous one linked to this thread does. It says they have stopped developing it at this time. It does not say it has been forever abandoned or cancelled altogether. As someone else pointed out, one of the games developers chimed in here several months back and told us the same thing. Until I see something official from Epic that the game is cancelled, its official status is on hold. Maybe it WILL never be completed, but until we hear an official notification from the makers of the game, there is still a glimmer of hope!

Comment

Epic might care to look into other popular games, though they had gears of war, and I did not like that game btw... no matter how big a game is it's popularity can dwindle and fail over time. Just look at the Call Of Duty franchise, and that is a real shame cause SOME of the COD games were really amazing.
                  Fortnite is played by my 12 year old niece and this woman I am dating told me her 18 year old daughter plays. These kids are inane and fickle and the tide will change. UnrealTournament has been around since 1999 ...that tells you something. It is solid. The game would no doubt do MUCH better IF they would advertise for it aggressively and create some MORE real cool skins and the like. I would buy that stuff.
                  Unreal Tournament is a work of genius. From a business point of view it would be downright illogical to brush aside such a solid platform that exists for little relative investment.
                  The game NEEDS aggressive advertising and I have many ideas that would help. If they want to talk to me they can.
                  Also PLEASE FIX the quick play.
                  Last edited by BlankSniper; 12-08-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X