Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who believe that development UT4 is continue in 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who believe that development UT4 is continue in 2019?

I am first

Maybe not in 2019, but someday in the future yes. After Fortnite's fever players will need new game and UT is perfect for this. Is multiplayer game, extremely modable, great modes (Onslaught on Torlan <3), game from "Fortnite's creators", fast, easy to learn and nice to watch, there is no other game like this at this moment (Quake Champions is weak, not many players). We need to wait...

Comment

I'll 2nd that with currently 195+ custom maps. 2019 should carry on nicely.
      Good tidings to you all!
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Yeah it'll have it's day yet, but likely not in 2019.

Comment

I have fun even though vets are remaining. I get blasted. But the more i lose the better i get.

Comment

Originally posted by Astech View Post
            I have fun even though vets are remaining. I get blasted. But the more i lose the better i get.
            Well put Astech. Practice makes good indeed.
            LoPing
            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

I just dont see it happening. Tim Sweeney said in his latest interview regarding UT4 that they dont believe the game in its current state has mass market appeal and until they are able to find a way to make UT4 appeal in such a way they dont intend to do anything else. He also said only Steve Polge dabbles in the game from time to time. So no one is working on it, they dont see UT4 as being a game that will be popular and unless the team of less than 1 person working on it comes up with a way to drastically change UT to be more appealing, it will be a few years before Epic even considers devoting resources to it again.

Question : We've had some people asking about Unreal Tournament. (awkward pause). ..Umm & it's state of development or...? (awkward laugh)

Tim :Yeah..(uncomfortable).. We'll lets see...So, Steve Polge is still dabbling in it from time time to time but he'll be the *Ooonly* developer at Epic that's actively working on it.. ..umm you know the opportunity with Fortnite became so huge the whole team was sucked away into it's vortex ..umm & also we don't have any immediate plans to change that; We love Unreal Tournament ... Uh, I think there's a big question, you know, with a game like that, we had an audience that was..may be 100..1000th of the size of the Fortnite audience ..& we had..um.. It was kind of like the ultimate super hardcore shooter for PC gamers umm and...It was pretty alienating for new player coming in & trying to play it. Unless you practiced for 100 hours you'd get killed pretty quickly. Until, you know, there is a question of what is the future of Unreal tournament & how do we make that game that both satisfies the core values of Unreal Tournament Community & also as widely accessible to other folks.. We don't have the answers yet. There has a bunch of experiments done throughout the years & umm..definitely do more in the future but uh.. you know right now Epics game development efforts are overwhelmingly focused on Fortnite but we're not gonna be the Fortnite company forever.. & so there will be new efforts & new things to explore ... umm & people are brainstorming these ideas but you know.. umm it's gonna be a few years before we see anything major of that sort,
              They arent coming back, UT4 Pre Alpha is dead. If and when Epic comes back, it will be with a new UT product that doesnt resemble the UTs of past.
              PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
                Tim Sweeney said in his latest interview regarding UT4 that ...
                URL please. Thanks for heads up.

EDIT: Never mind, found it (transcription of Unreal Engine - 2018: Year in Review Twitch Event Dec 14th, 2018 on reddit).

Worrying as it is I still find this game very appealing. As long as we have new flow of players from Frotnite and Epic store, I am happy. Ideally Quickplay CTF and TDM should be brought back to main screen to satisfy wider range of players but that is just pure Unreal fantasy.
                Last edited by Rainmaker_CZ; 12-28-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Not really liking epic right now after the VGA's. I think their just throwing stuff out there and seeing what hits and then taking down what isn't. Bad move not waiting long enough to see if fans will take to it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
                    They arent coming back, UT4 Pre Alpha is dead. If and when Epic comes back, it will be with a new UT product that doesnt resemble the UTs of past.
                    Is this official 100% proven information? If yes, why we do not hear official, that UT4 is cancel?

Comment

I'm holding out for UT5.
                      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
                      http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/evilg...0_original.png
                      http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunflowers12 View Post
                        Is this official 100% proven information? If yes, why we do not hear official, that UT4 is cancel?
                        No, its my strong opinion. Tim Sweeney said "its going to be a few years" before we see any strong efforts by Epic to make UT have more broad appeal and they have no plans to work on it unless it does. Currently no one is working on UT. If Epic comes back in 2 years (a few years), we are talking 2021, UT4 started in 2014, that means it will be a 7 year old game by the time Epic restarts working on UT4 again. They arent going to restart efforts on UT4 when its 7 years old, they are just going to start a new version of UT. I doubt they will do this community approach either as it was a pretty big failure and headache all around.

So no its not 100%, there is no Epic confirmation, there is just a mountain of logical reasons why Epic isnt coming back based on the current market, what the CEO of Epic has said regarding why they arent working on UT4 currently and why they dont plan on it any time soon.
                        PayBack

Comment

What Payback says is correct. Even though Epic has not 100% confirmed it, if you read between the lines then the only conclusion you can draw is that development for UT4 has effectively ended. Tim Sweeney did say Steve Polge is still doing some work with UT but only "from time to time". Otherwise there is no progress being made. If Epic ever does decide to continue the franchise in any meaningful way I do not expect the next iteration of UT to be anything like what we have seen in the past.
                          Last edited by _decayed; 12-29-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Ok, i will live in hope for revival Unreal series in future

Comment

I can see a future UT happening. It may not be in 2019, but, it would be hard for a responsible company to just drop it at this point. There has been a financial investment made, any sane company will want to recover as much of that investment as practical. This UT is already at the playable stage. There would need to be big reasons, $$$, to abondon it. In abandoning it, EPIC would need to deal with the fallout. Abondoning UT and the UT comunity would leave a nasty stain on the company, I doubt they want that. Very bad PR.

For marketing purposes, in game adverts while Fnite is still king, should be part of any UT revival. Part of the sucess of Fnite, is how EPIC has designed and implemented it. They will be eager to apply what they have learned with Fnite to other titles. Even as a test, as some things may not work with all games

I think the bottom line on this, is that EPIC is a for profit company, that's just how it works. They will need to decide on a path to take once Fnite player population and profits begins to decline. I think they will do the right thing, and finish UT. Abandoning UT, would not be a good decision for the company. Too may negatives associated with that scenerio. A better question would be, will they make a UT5? Likely not, if UT4 fails. At this point, it's a waiting game.

--------------------------------------

UT3 Warfare is still active. Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 03:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC Warfare #2 or #3 or BGE Warfare server

My Gaming Rigs-
                              - Win7 Pro - ASUS Z68, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX980Ti STRIX, ASUS VG248 @144Hz
                              - Fedora Linux - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti WindForce, ASUS VG248 @144Hz, Samsung EVO-850 500Gb
                              - Win7 Home - ASUS Z77, I7 2600K @4.6Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX780Ti Classified, VG248 @144Hz

The Intel core i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz is still as fast or faster than all that came before or after.
                              Weekly Warfare Matches. We play every Fri and Sat 12:00 Midnight to 04:00 AM, US East Coast Time, GMT -5 hrs, EPIC North America Warfare #2

Comment

Working...
                              X