shroud has been playing some UT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shroud has been playing some UT

If he keeps playing, stream snipers alone should generate about 10,000 new players...!!!

I watched for awhile (https://www.twitch.tv/shroud) and got to see him play against some UT regulars I know to be quite good. Map & gameplay knowledge seemed to have the edge over shroud's InsaneAim; barely.

I'd like to think this could be a bit of a wake-up for EPIC: get Fortnite done and put some focus back on UT. Skill-based FPS players are still out there, waiting...

If needed, I'll shell out the money for Twitch subscriptions and spam their chats until we see a team of shroud, skadoodle, summit1g, and n0thing playing UT.

If that happens, EPIC, what shall ye do?
    No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Wishful thinking. Its cool seeing shroud play, his aim is probably the best out of anyone. Really fun to watch someone pick up UT for what is basically a first time playing and just do so incredibly well. However while shroud is a huge streamer with a huge following, his viewers are more spectators than players. Sure he might bring some renewed interest to the game, but hes not going to bring any sustained larger player base numbers and as soon as he stops playing, they will stop playing as well. The problem with UT4 is that its a good enough game that just isnt finished and its painfully obvious. Certain parts of the game are great, certain parts of the game the community has fixed, other parts of the game are just trash and the community cant really fix while also keeping it simple to use. Epic is not coming back, at least not anytime in the next 2-3 years and when they do, they arent going to pick up where they left off on a 7-8 year old game.
    PayBack

Comment

Yeah, my credit is tapped out with the Department of Wish Fulfillment. But it was fun to watch him play, and the community enthusiasm to play with/against him seemed pretty high.
      No one sees what tomorrow knows.

Comment

Working...
      X