How to get extended frames per second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get extended frames per second

Hi, I recently bought an Asus vg245h to enhance my gaming experience a Little. It has 75 frames per second and supports freesync. However it seems I need gsync for my Nvidia geforce gtx 760 (192-bit), and also I have no Idea how to exceed the static 60 fps that my display says I have all the time (it even seems to say my display is a 60 hz type in its own settings menu description). I have tried disabling vsync ingame and in my nvidia Control panel to no use. I run windows 10, having updated with windows update and geforce experience (do I need to update my display with drivers manually as well?). I have set max frames per second to 75 in unreal tournament. Is there any difference if I run the unreal tournament commando for checking fps? (which I have forgotten).

I might be able to return the display if it is no use to me. Thank you for any help you can give me.

The 60 fps will be because you have vsync on and it's limiting the FPS to 60 because your monitor will have a 60Hz refresh rate.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

So let us get this straight. You are running the game at 75 FPS (using the game's capping function) but your display is refreshing at 60 hz and you want it to refresh at 75 hz?

60 hz is likely the display's default refresh rata and the 75 hz is the highest it will go via overclock. Many 60 hz LCDs are actually capable of 75 hz but the industry is dumb and sets them to 60 hz.

What I think you need to do is go into the Nvidia control panel and create a custom resolution and refresh rate setting. Create a setting at the monitor's resolution but with the refresh rate set to 75 hz then select your custom setting from with in the game.

Also the product page for that display seems to suggest the higher refresh rate is only accessable vio FreeSync, but I doubt that to be true.
      Last edited by Unreal Gladiator; 01-25-2019, 04:42 AM.

Comment

There is no matter how complicated is your assignment as you can hire an expert paper writer who can complete all types of papers for you.

Comment

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...248&height=702
          Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

a lot of motion, such as sports, will often benefit from the extra frames per secondYour Texas Benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by justinstewart12
              CPU will play a role in the frames per second but also your monitor can also impact the FPS that you'll be able to see. Many LCD monitors are set with a refresh rate of 60Hz meaning anything above 60 FPS will not be visible.
              That is not correct. Which is obvious if you try it. The user will not see every frame in completeness. What they will see is 60 whole frames per second with each display refresh made of slices of the frames output by the computer.
              Last edited by Bubbaxm2; 11-29-2019, 10:05 AM. Reason: removed spam from quotes

Comment

Working...
              X