Will Apex make Epic diversify back into Unreal Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Apex make Epic diversify back into Unreal Tournament

Will the launch of Apex menacing a single golden egg in a basket as it is Fortnite, make Epic reconsider putting more work into Unreal Tournament so they are not so extremelly dependant on that single game that may flop as a victim of new fashions. Because if something can be said of the youngsters as consumers is that they can leave you in the dust overnight just because something flashier was released and announced on twitter. What do you think. I see people playing UT are extremelly loyal even when they think the game looks abandoned yet they are still there. And a full release could really show a good profit. I would pay 29$ a year to get every year a new version with some polished bugs, and new map packs or improvements in maps.

In a word, no.

First, not yet. Then, not an arena shooter over some other new speculative work. Last (and very last), they will hopefully see the end coming near enough that they'll go back to full-on "throwing spaghetti at the wall" mode, at which point maybe UT4 will get to be one of the noodles.

Now if a truly community-driven spiritual successor of UT gains traction, then I expect they'll come running to claw back creative direction and concept ownership from anything that threatens to eat the theoretical lunch they've been leaving to rot. It'll be tough to say whether they can pull off that stunt twice.

Comment

Heck, I would pay 50-100 a year for a proper CTF shooter like UT4. There’s nothing like it

Comment

Working...
      X