Dropping FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping FPS

So I've recently reinstalled UT4 and enjoying some games in the evening, not hardcore playing (I suck pretty bad).

However used to run very smooth at 120+ FPS (more than enough since I use a 60hz monitor for working purposes).
    Usually got installed the nVidia DCH Driver - Studio, yesterday I had the brilliant idea to updad drivers to Game Ready ones (the classic invidia drivers).
    Result? FPS dropped to 25-30 max with same exact graphic settings. I tried everything and after reinstalled old drivers now struggles to reach 60 FPS.
    I tried everything and obviously all the ingame graphic settings. Doesn't matter... won't go any higher.

Apparently the GPU goes idle, it's like is ignoring the game partially. I can tell because playing from a laptop the CPU fan is active while the GPU one runs extremely low.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
    Intel Core i9-9900k

RAM
    64,0GB

Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (3840x2160@60Hz)
    8190MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Storage
    931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB Sata SSD
    953GB Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB NVMe m.2

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Vicissitudo; 10-24-2019, 04:48 AM.

People have been complaining about this issue since 2014, i dont know of a single fix. Sorry.
    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
      People have been complaining about this issue since 2014, i dont know of a single fix. Sorry.
      I see, that's a pity.

However for some reason it started working properly again.
      I've downloaded latest Game Ready drivers and now FPS are always aroun 90+. Also I've tried playing it in 2K instead of 4K and now FPS are stuck to 200 without any drop.
      So this problem is fixed, but...

But the textures now flicker quite often. I'm experiencing flashes or just textures disappearing from the walls and appearing back again. Weird...

Comment

Working...
      X