write custom sentences during gameplay by pressing one key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

write custom sentences during gameplay by pressing one key

Hi, first and foremost I would like to say that UT is the best game ever; probably there are other games more profitable (like Fortnite) , but UT is just fantastic.

My question is: is there any way in the latest UT to store custom sentences and write them in-game pressing one single key? Lets say: g = "GL & HF", n = "Nice shot!" and so on. Since it is a fast-paced game I don't have time to socialize!

Thanks in advance

follow this file path Documents > UnrealTournament > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor
    then click on Input. maybe you'll have to right click and choose Open with > Notepad.
    scroll all the way down to the bottom, press enter to make some space beneath whatever is in there and then copy/paste this:

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput]
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="l",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="say ty",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="p",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="say gg",FriendlyName=)

you can change the letters "l" and "p" to be whatever you want. you can change "ty" or "gg" to be whatever you want. you can copy/paste this line as much as you like, make as many different key binds as you like. you can also add in console commands here, just get rid of the phrase "say" and they will work just fine.

mine looks like this:

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTPlayerInput]
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="u",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="stat fps",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="i",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="netstats",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="LeftShift",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="SelectTranslocator",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="Home",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="disconnect",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="l",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="say ty",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="p",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="say gg",FriendlyName=)
    LocalBinds=(KeyName="m",EventType=IE_Pressed,Command="mutate suicide",FriendlyName=)

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!! :-) It works like a charm! see you around

Comment

Working...
      X