Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You current UT4 players are the real MVP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You current UT4 players are the real MVP...

The Unreal fans deserved so much more than this from Epic.
    And still I wait...

They can earn a lot of money from UT, I wouldn't mind paying for a new version even though they promissed it to be free.
    If I see how many childish crappy games they promote on their Games Launcher, I really don't understand why they don't invest in this potential master game (that was once Game Of The Year).
    They could apply modern techniques, for example make a VR-version.
    If I would be a programmer at Epic, I would rather spend my days on UT programming then this childgames. I would quit my job there I go somewhere else find my challenges. Good programmers find a job without problem. Maybe I just think to simple, but I just don't get it.
    I wonder if some good programmers out in the wild (I know they are there) would be able to take over and create a mimic. My own programming skills are not sufficient I am afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mictēcacihuātl View Post
      They can earn a lot of money from UT, I wouldn't mind paying for a new version even though they promissed it to be free.
      If I see how many childish crappy games they promote on their Games Launcher, I really don't understand why they don't invest in this potential master game (that was once Game Of The Year).
      They could apply modern techniques, for example make a VR-version.
      If I would be a programmer at Epic, I would rather spend my days on UT programming then this childgames. I would quit my job there I go somewhere else find my challenges. Good programmers find a job without problem. Maybe I just think to simple, but I just don't get it.
      I wonder if some good programmers out in the wild (I know they are there) would be able to take over and create a mimic. My own programming skills are not sufficient I am afraid.
      Because the execs/investors think it won't make enough money. That's what it is.

As to UT4 being F2P, I actually didn't like it either. I would have spent $60 HAPPILY on a good full UT game. Hell, I'd pay $100 if it was good enough.
      And still I wait...

Comment

For sure, 100 euro for a game that will keep me busy for months is well spend money

Comment

I must say I respect that Epic Games makes the game accessible to everyone for free. I play it for a while now and the game looks as good as finished to me. Maybe there are some small things they could optimize, a few finishing touches, but it is not that you play a half game.
          The product they have produced so far is very well done to my opinion. This is also want I understand: an alpha version is 'finished' but not tested completely.
          I don't understand why Epic Games first develops a game until it is almost finished, and then put the development on hold. I think it just needs a bit of extra work to become a finished game. But anyway, they make it available which is costing them resources. And I appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
          X