Why has UT been abandoned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why has UT been abandoned?

I joined pretty early on when the first dev video was released for UT (4?) But there hasn't been an update since 2017. was there any official word from epic about the status of UT.
    It's a shame because of the code is public but don't allow anyone to contribute to the code.
    https://www.dvclan.org/

Fortnite sucked up all of the UT devs.
    UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

Unreal and Unreal Tournament are what made Epic what it is today, so I hope they will all be back soon.
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Much like what's happened with Quake Champions, UT4 was painted into an economic corner. No clear way to make it economically viable to continue development, so yeah...Fortnite was making money so it's only rational from a business perspective to put all hands on the deck of the ship that isn't stuck in the mud. If they come back I hope they abandon the F2P model altogether.
        My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Working...
        X