No announcement yet.

Pre Alpha Play Test Feedback Build:XAN-2294489 Commit:2e093ca Date:2014-09-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Alpha Play Test Feedback Build:XAN-2294489 Commit:2e093ca Date:2014-09-12

As per last build, here is the current thread for discussion of new build: Unreal Tournament Pre Alpha Playable Build

This thread is for play test feedback only.

Please post issues with running / installing / crashes etc... into appropriate forum.

Code:
    git log --pretty=format:"[tr][td]%h[/td][td]%s[/td][/tr]" --reverse 4faea7e..2e093ca
    Here is change log since previous build, sorted in reverse / ascending order / oldest to newest:
    993f7ba linkgunmuzzle
    57f8e79 Moved flak effects code to C++; flak shard now starts to fall even without a bounce after one second
    39105b8 blood decal tweak
    b7ea49b Merged github pull request #73 by raxxy: New Instagib beam effects
    9fd134c applied non-grid materials to DM-Nicktest1 map also changed the damage rate on the bio pit blueprint.
    3c971fd Fixed for inconsistent lift velocity on first and last frame of lift movement.
    97a32f8 Fixed using GetImpartedMomentumMag() in UTWeapon
    72ea960 Impact Hammer: - added various new audio files and built cues - updated "charging" audio - updated "charged state" audio
    21f3197 Example Map: - Added Redeemer Pickup for testing
    bdf0f76 Network version increase
    6bb483f DM DeckTest: - fixed collision bug - removed Redeemer and replaced with ammo
    7844da5 Slight increase to pickup collision, and gave all ammo pickups a consistent radius.
    8b1be50 Build script now waits for user input to make build
    ff1ed8e 32 bit support
    2779b67 Fix build script
    1db3b92 Fixed bad collision on Shock Ammo
    160697b Rotated Rocket Ammo to resemble UT3 values
    f06a077 Decktest: - opened up top area for less predictable pathing (experiment... feedback please!) - Fixed missin gmaterials - Filled in areas under patways in slime pit so players get accidentally stuck less often - aligned UDamage (was off center and making my OCD twitch)
    8cae391 DM-DeckTest: Converted hacky slime pits to proper UT actor.
    427251e NickTest: - material clarity - converted hacky slime to real UTPainVolume
    f2d4b0d Support for client-side prediction of other players to current server time. Step one of server authoritative zero ping system. Currently no foraward prediction, but . Fixed lift not going down if player on it is blocked. Faster client-side meshi interpolation if character is stopped. Improved client-side simulation when landing dodge.
    5ac34ac Frame smoothing adjustment, put default frame cap to 120 in ini
    c9cbec3 Checkbox for smooth frame rate
    05731dc Updated Teleporter FX (removed Shock ball with even moar temp FX)
    2e7b0ac Fix linux build
    0ae94e9 Disable 32bit staging because it blocks 64bit staging
    77ec62f Added ability for armor that absorbs damage to play hit effects, potentially superceding the default damage effects for that weapon type. Added an intensity flash to the shield belt on hit.
    a32d480 Dm-Deadfall: -updated post process -tweaked lighting
    2cc368a Fixed clang compile error
    f35aa9c DM-NickTest: - Material updates (people didn't like brightness/contrast of the green floor) - Rasied the walls so you can't get out w/ Jump Boots and break the map - Added Thighpads to balance 1v1 play - swapped Minigun and Shock Rifle to encourage slightly different game flow. - Feedback please!
    1087daa Rocket Ammo: - fixed floating pickup
    c5e7507 DM DeckTest: - Moved Helmet back to lower room to balance armor distribution (was stacking with Chest Armor) - Replaced helmat in TP area with Rocket Ammo (still concerned that this is too much ammo for Rocket) Maybe we don't need anything up there at all since this area is so strategically powerful? - Added volume to prevent people from getting out of the top of the map in Rocket Arena - Fixed hole above Goo Rocket where people were camping. Not supposed to be able to get there. - Added more fluid friction to Goo pits so players don't sink like a rock when they fall in (damage still broken)
    6f7dbcf SwimTest: - replaced water material with slime material - confirmed that UTPainVolumes are indeed broken. Sadface.
    f747e2c Spectator mode was spawning UTSteveChar and fire wasn't trying to set next viewtarget
    5ffe5ce Adjustment to staging code to make 32bit and 64bit stages and archives at the same time
    16ef3a6 Added helmet pickup sound
    2bab5d5 DeckTest: - Exposure adjustment to make the map brighter - Moved Health vials near flak to add audio cue - Made Flak in slime pit easier to get out of (can now mantle out)
    adfdcca DM-DeckTest: - doubled skylight value
    198337a Updated binaries
    4b79640 delete
    0bc2de7 Create Game and Player Settings dialogs now use the asset registry to look up blueprints of the gametype and weapon classes (C++ only plugin classes still not supported)
    03d4965 CTF-Dam: -testing simplified version
    c9cc401 Fix chunking path in build script
    d0dfb09 Gibs Checkin
    6ed3c2b Binaries update
    5dc32e6 More Taunts
    bfe7c0d 3 more emotes, default binds are K L ;
    9b2d398 Emote speed adjustment on mouse wheel
    e677f0a JumpPad: - Added color options to BP - Still needs mesh variable exposed to BPs via code so I can change colors of the base as well (everything is already setup just needs the hook-up once it's available)
    175e05c CTF-Dam: - more simplifications to midfield
    4474810 CTF: Added the concept of advantage play at the halftime and before overtime. TDM: Should properly detect the winner ALL: If a server is empty for a set period of time, it resets and loads the next map so it's fresh
    34535b9 Increased armor values to UT99 amounts: shieldbelt 150, vest 100, thighpads 50.
    f3fc140 Reduced shock ball speed slightly - will allow closer combos. Also reduced ball radius slightly.
    d717e29 Reduced link projectile overlap radius.
    255781c UTCharacter now has its own more efficient replication struct. Also replicates acceleration for more accurate client-side prediction of other players' movement.
    297ec77 Added MaxStackedArmor to UTCharacter, limits total amount of armor a character can hold. Lower absorption armors are reduced first if player exceeds max amount.
    e82bf17 Feign death camera smoothing, zero out movement component velocity so don't skip when standing up
    cbd0849 Fixed UTPainVolumes causing damage.
    6f23b2b added hacky depth/settings to shell water mat
    4b64319 CTF-Dam: - midfield tweaks
    8e2e2cb Fix compile issue
    78251ca CTF-Dam: - disabled screen space reflections
    495701e Server Browser WIP
    e7d0812 4.4.2 update
    b33275c Binary update
    500aef8 Fixed jump pad visuals not changeable in blueprint graph
    884881e First pass gibbing support
    30ac31f Binaries update
    9e9354b Increased fluid braking.
    86c5679 Can still see game when using showdebug
    1e6a52e Fixed armor stacking limiting bug
    41f4cee Lifts destroy encroaching gibs.
    023dc4c Fixed UTLift compile error.
    3e5f1e2 Fix animations
    5bce981 Added ability to change the translocator's recall -> new throw delay independently of the fire -> recall/teleport delay; also misc translocator number tweaks
    286d6b1 Fixed gibbing parameters of a few damagetypes
    8bbc5f4 Fixed some CTF message text
    05f32d6 Spectator will now attempt to reacquire a pawn view target when their original one dies by looking for a matching playerstate
    aabd390 Fixed flag drop/throw position and velocity
    bce17ae Fix spectators showing up on scoreboards
    528ca66 JumpPad: - hooked up mesh reference to make coloring work properly
    2108c04 CTF-Dam: -more radical midfield tweaks
    51bc422 Tweaked flak shard scaling and increased gravity after bounce. Adjusted flak shell arc.
    7a1a115 Fixed impact jumping from lifts
    358a043 first pass
    54a2e66 CTF-Dam: -fixed blue midfield jumppad
    7321097 Fix references to trace channel 5 that should be PawnOverlapProjectile
    5449b13 Fix some warnings
    398aa63 Resave to fix warning
    0d21456 Resave to fix warnings
    e36ff1e Resave to fix warnings
    3c49c56 Resave for warnings
    7e488e0 PostAndLightingExample: -set ScreenSpaceReflections to 0
    2513f7a Playtest binaries
    ea7763b First dodge gets no current Z added as long as less than falling damage speed, but you will get the velocity you lost added back in to calculate potential falling damage when you land.
    9702a2c - Temp fix what's causing the server crash.
    bdd5d21 Playtest binaries
    47e83d3 Scalability ini
    189e456 Scalability default to high instead of epic
    c9e6945 Fixed impact jumping from BSP
    1dbe92a High video settings shouldn't have SSR
    a6f0078 Fix chunking in build script
    926f32f Exposed flak alt fire inclination to blueprint in AltFireIncline property.
    bc5a5e2 CTF-Dam: -more midfield tweaks -item layout tweaks -added windows to base that allows defenders to track state of midfield
    9817921 Cleaned up the UWindows dialog system. WIP so there may be fall out Started implementing styles in earnest Fixed slate's combobox problem
    0f4009e Fixed lifts returning when player on them bumps his head, instead of player falling through.
    52ee937 New CTF Flag indicators Merged in MysTikal's Pull request for Flag sizing
    6c1bd96 Missing Font files Don't update sever sessions that are being destroyed or not created Clear the serverl ist when new sessions arrive
    5e80159 Password input should be covered
    d0a0635 Missing default value for variable
    2967b02 CTF-Dam: -removed rogue rocket launcher
    203a7cb Fixed wall stickiness bug.
    6da204e Fixed the main menu to be a proper mid-game menu as well until the real midgame menu can be enabled Changed "User Id" to "Forum Email" in the server browser
    85943e9 Increased flak shell speed, slightly reduced rocket speed.
    621bb54 Server wasn't linking to MCP module properly
    08931a9 Reduced fully loaded rocket launcher grace period before auto firing,
    f037a39 Removed unneeded logs
    b178f0e Readme update to reflect 4.4.2 usage
    f576076 Fixed rocket launcher shooting through walls when up against a surface that slopes upward toward the camera
    27db605 Fixed some weapons' instant hit impact effects not displaying in third person
    f10c152 Fixed crash when the flag is on the ground going in to half-time
    2e093ca Eye adaption quality for low and medium

Nice job so far with the Instagib beam Raxxy, however the beam last for far too long. I can shoot the beam, walk to the side and see the beam. It just doesnt look right, maybe speed up the animation for the shot?
    PayBack

Comment

Build feels alot more optimized, my only gripe is standing directly in front of a wall with pulse secondary fps dip in half which is really strange.(r9 290x)

Weapons are still unbalanced but understand its going to take time to get them right. Decrease the time between firing the shock ball and primary will solve the issue people having with shock and make the weapon much more sharper

Forgot to mention tourney mode seems bugged now, you cant click in to start the game
      Last edited by nuxx; 09-13-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nuxx View Post
        Build feels alot more optimized, my only gripe is standing directly in front of a wall with pulse secondary fps dip in half which is really strange.(r9 290x)
        light reflection fx?

Comment

Originally posted by the_lc View Post
          light reflection fx?
          No idea, I run on low but it still happens

Comment

try lowering the decal lifetime
            --=:downshift:=--

Comment

Last night i had my very first good Instagib experience, a big game with chumb0, and Flak, and many others hell of a fun!

But the thing i noticed was that the beams actually delayed? or kept stuck in the same position a couple of times. Tho i really love it, still messing with my mouse settings to get the right feeling.
              But i gotta say instagib looks very promising already, compared to UT2k4 and UT3
              Last edited by Mcjansen; 09-13-2014, 10:37 AM.
              | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
              Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

flak shards still have a too strong motion blur trail. It looks strange. Please change it.

Comment

how do i adjust gamma its too bright also no HUD any console command to bring it back?
                  [i7 5960x 4.5Ghz][Asus X-99 Pro][Corsair 16GB DDR4 2666][2 Samsung 850 pro 256 RAID 0][GTX 1080 Ti][Acer XB270HU 1440p 165hz Gsync]

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                    Nice job so far with the Instagib beam Raxxy, however the beam last for far too long. I can shoot the beam, walk to the side and see the beam. It just doesnt look right, maybe speed up the animation for the shot?
                    I submitted the pull request with it at 0.20s, its back to 0.27s now, maybe they don't want to make it different from shock primary duration?

I don't disagree though, needs more work, going to see if I can put in some other ideas I want for it into a new pull request in the future, if no one else gets to it first

Comment

Having fun with this build, lots of improvements. Flak secondary feels much better. Instagib is cool, love the fx. Lots of interface improvements and the server browser works even if it's a bit limited at the moment. I didn't notice any change to the top area of Deck in f06a077, it pretty much looks the same to me.

Comment

[QUOTE=aidanr;107084top area of Deck in f06a077, it pretty much looks the same to me.[/QUOTE]

try jumping up there now
                        Join the community Facebook page
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Merged github pull request #73 by raxxy: New Instagib beam effects
                          The beam looks awesome, there's couple of bugs like beam keeps looping in the air and effect with gun but no beam. Otherwise it's kickass instagib effect! Maybe little bit too bright/heavy on eyes long-term.

Support for client-side prediction of other players to current server time. Step one of server authoritative zero ping system. Currently no foraward prediction, but . Fixed lift not going down if player on it is blocked. Faster client-side meshi interpolation if character is stopped. Improved client-side simulation when landing dodge.
                          I've had less "rubber banding" in the movement (50ms ping), generally feels better.

Spectator mode was spawning UTSteveChar and fire wasn't trying to set next viewtarget
                          Very nice! I think everyone cheered in TS when spectator mode was tested successfully in raxxy's server and 1st person view worked.

DeckTest: - Exposure adjustment to make the map brighter - Moved Health vials near flak to add audio cue - Made Flak in slime pit easier to get out of (can now mantle out)
                          Deck lighting looks worlds beyond better and clearer in this build, well done!

Gibs Checkin
                          First pass gibbing support

Fun small addition!

Increased armor values to UT99 amounts: shieldbelt 150, vest 100, thighpads 50.
                          This is actually a big change since maximum is still 200 armor. I won't comment yet whether I think it's good or bad, but it definitely change the balance/advantage of control/comeback chances. Theoretically it sounds good because all weapons are powerful currently and there has been some complaints that you aren't getting enough "payoff" or "edge" from having armor control.

Tweaked flak shard scaling and increased gravity after bounce. Adjusted flak shell arc.
                          Flak shell arc works consistently, which is great. Ball splash might still need some adjusting.

Fixed wall stickiness bug.
                          This was very irritating when using boots in Deck, I'm really glad it's solved now!

Increased flak shell speed, slightly reduced rocket speed.
                          Rocket launcher still feels devastatingly strong, I'm afraid. I’m not sure if it’s because of able to load multiple rockets quite quickly or the projectile speed. Maybe we just all suck at dodging rockets at this point or it's due to the fast movement which makes it easier to get close to your enemy. Also boots help out to deliver the rockets more efficiently.
                          UT ingame alias: nukkuj
                          Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

I also experienced a couple of moments that i was 'blinded' by the red beam, specially in a small room with lots of insta beams, could be toned downed a bit, other then that, love the new look.
                            | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                            Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

The server browser seems to be broken for me, I'm only able to see one server(instagib). I'm running the win64 build.
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X