New pre-alpha playable build posted 10/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OFFICIAL] New pre-alpha playable build posted 10/16

We've made a new pre-alpha playable build available. See the instructions on how to get this build.

Change-list for the latest build?

Comment

Mouse Input IS FIXED!!!
      - Fixed spurious mouse movements generated by slate and passed to game.
      - Fixed a frame of lag for mouse input being introduced by slate.
      - New framerate smoothing system.
      - New unsteady frame rate emulation system.
      - SetMouseSensitivityUT command to allow setting sensitivity that saves to config via console

Movement
      - Can now push off walls and bottom when swimming (jump or dodge). Push impulse is controlled by editable UTCharacterMovement property SwimmingWallPushImpulse.
      - Scale velocity down on entering water by water volumes by PawnEntryVelZScaling, and water volume also controls BrakingDecelerationSwimming.
      - Don't impart negative Z velocity from movers when jump off them.
      - Lifts will now retrigger if a pawn is still standing on it when it returns to the bottom
      - Added support for drowning, concept of head being underwater
      - Added support for water footsteps and landing splash sound.

Weapons
      - Tweaked flak shell arc slightly.
      - Reduced flak shard bounce
      - Reduced collision size of translocator disk.
      - Translocatgor Disk orients properly on slopes.
      - Translocator Disk has momentum imparted when shot.
      - Reduced translocator bring up and put down times.
      - Translocator disk mesh now blocks shots.
      - Telefragging gibs the victim.
      - Headshots now possible any time acceleration is zero (for example while falling if not air controlling).
      - Fixed sniper aiming reticle when using forward prediction.
      - Fixed projectiles affecting lifts.
      - Fixed sniper rifle visible while zoomed

Networking
      - UT specific server max tick rate implementation.
      - Fixed bug in rewinding player positions and added interpolation between rewind positions.
      - Fixed fake projectile crash.

UI
      - Team Colored Mid-game Menu
      - Added blueprint hooks for local messages
      - Added bot count to Create Game UI.
      - The UI now remembers the last gametype and map that were selected.
      - Fixed game name localization.
      - Added a keybind for SwitchToBestWeapon and hooked it up to the menus.
      - Fixed dialogs passing various input back to the game while up.
      - Community fix for the OSS not being initialized correctly in some instances. Thanks Stephen Whittle
      - Fixed system settings menu crash in PIE

HUD
      - Added the GameClock to DM
      - Added the ability to set a hud widget's size via the ini
      - Fixed up the styles / layout of system settings.
      - Display the weapon name when switching weapons
      - Fixed messages overlaying each other
      - Made a native c++ game message handler

Server Browser
      - Fixed the server browser not correctly sinking unreachable servers during sort
      - Fixed the server browser starting with the player/rules lists almost invisible
      - Fixed passworded servers

Bots
      - Fixed bots needing multiple attempts to make lift jumps in some cases
      - Fixed bots getting stuck firing charged weapons
      - Fully hooked up bot selection of fire mode into the aiming system, so bots will determine the fire mode they want slightly in advance and aim towards the correct point for it
      - Hooked up warning system of incoming weapons fire and an early pass of bots dodging incoming fire at high enough skill

Profiles
      - Added the concept for dirty to profiles
      - Bumped the Min/Current profile versions to force a clean slate
      - Added WeaponBob, Viewbob, AutoWeaponSwitch and FFA Color to the profile
      - Added Weapon Priority to the profile
      - Fixed the path for setting the player name to try and sure it always writes it to the profile

Misc. Gameplay
      - Added blueprint friendly state change delegate for Carried Objects (Flags)
      - UTCharacter has fall back water entry/exit sounds if custom ones are defined by the watervolume.
      - Added OwnFootstepSound property to UTCharacter. Allows custom cue for footsteps made by your own character.
      - Changes to overtime when bOnlyTheStrongSurvive is set
      - Forced the PC in to spectating when they die in overtime so they can view those that are alive
      - "You didn't make the cut" is now a game message
      - Fixed people going from negative kills to 0 triggering goal score
      - Reduced spawn protection to 2.5 seconds
      - Don't show spawn protection for teammates.
      - Fixed spectator HUD display
      - Don't show paperdoll when viewtarget is dead

Level Updates

DM-ASDF
      -fixed bad window collision
      - added tall lifts
      -experimenting with some small layout/item tweaks
      -more layout tweaks
      -More minor item tweaking
      -blocking volume pass for windows
      -moved thighpads

DM-Overlord:
      - Now included
      -some tweaks/bug fixes, nothing major yet
      -Opened up two extra paths towards middle
      -Started putting in hooks for expanding ragdoll shockwave when a player is successfully scanned (still WIP)

CTF-Dam
      -swapped out old lift meshes
      -added missing shallow water volumes now that we have audio cues

Comment

Volume resetting back to default/max and not applying to ingame sounds. Some weird ut99 software rendering happening when alttabbing to desktop and back -> http://www.upload.ee/image/4311458/U...2-20-18-75.jpg
        Random lurker.

Comment

I am receiving a "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILT" (93 OBJECTS) on DM-asdf level. I just ran a quick local game with bots included using the new change of " Added bot count to Create Game UI. "
          But I must say this build is starting to make the new UT really flow. Thank you so much for the mouse input fix, it makes game-play playable again!
          Last edited by UTSkaarj; 10-16-2014, 04:05 PM.

"Try Turning the safety off!"
          http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ex-d31h09y.png

Comment

guys this build is the best build i've played so far, mouseinput is now fixed and it feels even more responsive than 2/3 builds ago, its pretty awesome. Regarding ping compensantion at first sight it truly rocks, especially for guys like me with 60ms still.. I haven't noticed any major bugs and it plays really smooth. Loving it so far. ASDF seems like a very good map and a breathe of fresh air for duelling, lets see how it evolves ty for listening to us epic!

Comment

Honestly this feels like a whole new level. Everything feels absolutely fantastic.

Great work guys, and thank you.
              http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_

Comment

Best build so far well done Epic. Movement is getting really crisp. Im still getting the same bugs when i enter predict 160 command, some cores will go invisible but their still there just invisible, you see them impact the wall for eg. also when i load up 3 rockets sometimes 2 go invisible but their still there when they connect you see all 3's impact damage. Also the last ammo on rocket fires but doesn't do any damage. Also players projectiles being fired at you at times go invisible... i dont think this happens when the server has low amount of players but when the action gets intense and everyone is in the zone thats when its the worst. Also i played offline with a few bots and it keeps crashing, i sent the reports.

i like the new overlord killer wave that knocks you down when overlord is gotten. also the trail the overlord leaves is distracting when their moving fast in circles its hard to see, i liked the earlier ball force field look.

Thats all for now i can think of, again great job. love it
                Join the community Facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Yep noticed the crashing as well with bots, it always happens after a few minutes for some reason. Tested on Deadfall with around 10 bots.

Thanks for fixing mouse, it instantly feels tons better, can't wait to play online with this
                  Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Literally the only things bugging me about this build are the disappearing projectiles with prediction enabled, and the fact that with prediction enabled Stinger is even more OP than it already was (with double damage/berserk, it's literally instagib). Earlier builds had an issue where the Stinger felt like it was slightly off (had to lead my targets to feel like it was hitting 100% of the time); that's basically unnoticeable now with prediction.

This build feels absolutely amazing to play - the mouse input is great, and the game plays butter smooth with the prediction enabled (even servers with 50ms ping feel jittery when playing without prediction). Amazing work by Pete and Steve on the mouse, framerate smoothing, and prediction fixes =)

The server browser is also shaping up very nicely, I'd love to see country flags for each server as well.
                    Last edited by MysTikal; 10-16-2014, 08:21 PM.
                    http://twitch.tv/MysTikalUT - Tune in for duels, TDM and random testing

Comment

Hmm, I don't know about you guys but I feel that mouse input is pretty much the same or maybe a bit better. It still feels like there is some kind of smoothing being applied, or maybe it's just input lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                        Hmm, I don't know about you guys but I feel that mouse input is pretty much the same or maybe a bit better. It still feels like there is some kind of smoothing being applied, or maybe it's just input lag.
                        Yes same for me. It is slightly better now, but the main issue still remains. Mouse becomes unresponsive or slow when you shoot and much animation / effects is happening (frame rate drop?). Also if you will be moving mouse fast in random directions - I start to notice a little delay from my input.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post
                          I'd love to see country flags for each server as well.
                          And each player

Comment

Originally posted by punkloire View Post
                            Yes same for me. It is slightly better now, but the main issue still remains. Mouse becomes unresponsive or slow when you shoot and much animation / effects is happening (frame rate drop?). Also if you will be moving mouse fast in random directions - I start to notice a little delay from my input.
                            I'll third this. The mouse feels MUCH better to me and it's awesome to see such an improvement, but I don't think we are completely out of the woods yet and hope it will continue to improve over the course of development. That said, it's way within the realm of "good enough for now" and allows testers to start worrying about other things again.

Comment

In this build gibs are making the lifts go up and down making them unusable. Non gibed death bodies do the same to the lift. After they disappear the lifts work fine again.

Comment

Working...
                              X