Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would it be to add G15 screen support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard would it be to add G15 screen support?

I realize this is something more towards the end of development. Still, I'm just curious if it's a possibility? The G15/(G510)/(etc.) screen was always a fun little novelty. I measure all my CPU/GPU/MEM temperatures and usage, as well as bandwidth usage. Zandronum (ZDoom source port) and some games like WoW offered support. Just something cool like Frag amount, or weapon selected and ammo remaining. I don't know.

As an owner of a G510 it would be cool to use the screen for something useful, however I'm not sure players will want to look away from the screen to see information. League of legends uses it for useful information like total gold, wards placed, etc. You could have a mini scoreboard, or flag caps, or maybe even a latency graph.

Comment

UT2004 had a plugin for this. I think it was for showing weapons stores.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't mind something like server pings or what not. Maybe even server info like "next map" or max players.

Comment

I did UT2K4's G15 support. It wasn't particularly hard. I doubt it would be hard for UE4 but I don't have time to do it. Great community feature though.

Comment

Working...
          X