• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeyondUnreal Podcast #22

Audio Only RSS
    http://beyondunreal.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2
    BeyondUnreal Podcast
    r/UnrealTournament Moderator

I'll listen to it asap when I'm back from work!

Comment

Sir Brizz's laughter is comparable with Joker's one.

Comment

Wow, I totally put this in the wrong sub forum. Sorry, it was late. Could we move this to general where it belongs?
        BeyondUnreal Podcast

Comment

Br-blank !!! :-)
          -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
          BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

Yeah the netcode is partly like NewNet so projectiles are harder to dodge then in pure serverside netcode and you can still get shot behind cover. It's just not as severe due to the prediction. But I think it's probably the best balance between giving advantage to the attacking person vs. the dodging person we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
              Yeah the netcode is partly like NewNet so projectiles are harder to dodge then in pure serverside netcode and you can still get shot behind cover. It's just not as severe due to the prediction. But I think it's probably the best balance between giving advantage to the attacking person vs. the dodging person we can get.
              Edit: Also I think the primary reason for rockets being hard to dodge is visibility - rocket projectiles seem to be really hard to spot. If someone is firing them at me, and they fly at a pretty quick speed, it's hard to notice them in time to dodge. Maybe if we added more of a red glow around them (like in QL) it would make things better?

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                Edit: Also I think the primary reason for rockets being hard to dodge is visibility - rocket projectiles seem to be really hard to spot. If someone is firing them at me, and they fly at a pretty quick speed, it's hard to notice them in time to dodge. Maybe if we added more of a red glow around them (like in QL) it would make things better?
                I think their just invisible sometimes period. Also bio land mines... how many times do you die when nothing was there. Also i follow players around corners like half a second behind them, as i walk around the corner their totally disappeared.
                Join the community Facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I really need to go through the videos and find specific examples. I'm sure there's lots of bug reports that could be made.
                  BeyondUnreal Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                    I think their just invisible sometimes period. Also bio land mines... how many times do you die when nothing was there. Also i follow players around corners like half a second behind them, as i walk around the corner their totally disappeared.
                    I've seen this pretty frequently in testing grenade projectiles, sometimes I wonder if I'm just getting too tired or my eyes are tricking me, but once a projectile gets occluded sometimes I never see it again (although I can often hear it bouncing still).
                    Find My: Twitter | YouTube | Downloads | Podcast
                    Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol
                    Other: Lore | Invasion | Pickups & Powerups | Achievement Ideas

Comment

That belt tweak sounds terrible. At worst, the disc should fizzle.
                      Originally posted by Mysterial
                      An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
                      X