This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-=Shock TOO WEAK!=-

Ive made a quick video to demo how **** the shock is compared to pretty much every other weapon. The Link and Mini i even shot slower then max speed Plus link blocks shock.
    Rockets can dead 2400 damage 24rocketsx100Hp Very fast no combos required.

On a newly spawned player 1rocket = death 1flak=death 1sniper shot=death 1 (2 body) 1bio= death 3mini secondary = death (faster rate of fire) same as the link....

Shock is only good when you combo at the moment and useless any other time. Slow rate of fire compared to rest and A LOT less damage without combos. 3 shots to kill while everything else is INSTAGIB 1 shot.

Please for the love of god i beg you increase Primary and Secondary damage. This is the shock rifle, Not everyone is a pro comboer weapon still needs to be effective if not comboing. Increase primary to 50 and secondary to 60 as its a lot slower. Or Decrease damage from all the others to balance this out.

Look how fast you can kill with sniper, rocket, flak and the rest too all faster then the shock. The most powerful weapon, iconic to UT, is now too weak.

Thanx for reading and watching the clip.
    Join the community Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Even if they increase the rate of fire but keep ball speed the same that might balance it a bit

Comment

If they change shock damage, primary to 50, they need to change sniper reload time, coz then sniper would be too weak.. IMO they should increase shock primary damage and speed up sniper reload time and allow sniper HS while moving..

Comment

IMO UT3's damage values is perfect, 45 primary and 55 seconday so you can kill a 100hp guy like that with two shots. I can't possibly think of better damage values, then whether rate of fire etc is appropriate I won't comment, I think it's quite fine as is personally but the damage values I can't imagine any better than primary 45 and 55 for 2ndary like UT3, it worked so well.

Comment

They need to nerf other weapons. Shock rifle is ok, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
            IMO UT3's damage values is perfect, 45 primary and 55 seconday so you can kill a 100hp guy like that with two shots. I can't possibly think of better damage values, then whether rate of fire etc is appropriate I won't comment, I think it's quite fine as is personally but the damage values I can't imagine any better than primary 45 and 55 for 2ndary like UT3, it worked so well.
            Was the combo radius bigger in UT3? Also what was the combo damage in UT3?

Everyone that i speak to in the arena during matches agrees they made the rifle too weak. I know weapons are not balanced and the issue might just be every other weapon is just OP and shock is almost the same as in previous versions or close but its the weakest right now.

Also the low ammo 16? combo is 5... shoot 3 and its empty... Thats like rockets starting with 4 ammo (but you can actually get 4 kills with it, 1 remaining bullet shock is just going to scratch them)

Also full ammo 40 = 8 combos empty...
            Last edited by code187; 11-14-2014, 07:45 AM.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

The biggest problem with shock rifle is a low ammo count, It should be increased for sure. I have no problem with the rest.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

most other weapons seemed slightly OP to me.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

other weapons are just op, especially flack and rocket

Comment

Shock is definitely not weak. It might not be quite as powerful as in UT99 since you can't spam 50 combos before your ammo runs out, and they don't seem to do as much damage, but still, they are too effective. I wouldn't mind making primary and secondary a bit more powerful and reducing combo damage or something, but a big problem in UT99 was that you could fail a combo and hit the enemy with a primary and a secondary, and it would still kill them. IMO this shouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                      Shock is only good when you combo
                      As it should be. Otherwise it becomes the end all be all of everything. If the primary was bumped to 50 there would be no reason to use the sniper. The shock combo is arguably the best weapon in the game. It does tons of damage, can hit around corners, and is extremely versatile. To balance it out the other fire modes are adjusted accordingly.
                      BeyondUnreal Podcast
                      r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                        As it should be. Otherwise it becomes the end all be all of everything. If the primary was bumped to 50 there would be no reason to use the sniper. The shock combo is arguably the best weapon in the game. It does tons of damage, can hit around corners, and is extremely versatile. To balance it out the other fire modes are adjusted accordingly.
                        No offence, but i don't agree, that there is no use for the sniper any more if the primary damage of shock would be 50. A sniper is a weapon to snipe.... you should use a sniper for long distances and zoom to your object. (like in Assault, Warefare, CTF etc) Not running around and trying to kill ppl with sniper only (DM-style). I know it was the way in ut99. (but because sniper was OP there).

i would also be fine with the damage of 45 / 55, which was in ut3 and mentioned above.

The other weapons are really strong indeed. But imo not too overpowered. if you see your opponent first, you should be able to knock him out fast. Not fire 100 linkshots or bio goo at him,so he can still easily turn around and knock you out with 1 or 2 shots of a sniper.

and thanks to code187 for bringing this up. i also noticed the weakness of the shock.

greetz.
                        UT4 ASSAULT - Server Admin | Community Admin
                        UT4ASSAULT.COM

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                        UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Lack of ammo is particularly noticeable with Shock, but I think it's an issue across most of the weapons. I feel like the overall ammo counts for most weapons are too low and specifically geared towards competitive players. This is definitely an area where I see tension between what is suitable for competitive players and what's suitable for public / casual play, since being stuck without ammo isn't all that fun and newer players in particular can't be expected to utilize all weapons effectively.
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Actually I thought the ammo for the stinger and the linkgun were alittle bit high in comparison to the rest.
                            Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

tl;dr

My .02¢

Seems this type of question will always lead to the bigger picture.. comparing weapons, etc.

SHOCK:
                              Ball could move a wee bit faster. I know this might make it even more difficult for noobers, but
                              the gun would ultimately be more useable in combat I think. The primary can feel weak, but I
                              don't think that is a bad thing. When you take into account the combo, it's a pretty balanced
                              gun. Sound could change a bit perhaps.

FLACK:
                              pretty close to perfect. Good sound, feel, and balanced well.

SNIPER:
                              I'm still not a great shot, but this gun has a purpose and works. It feels like a sniper rifle.
                              Perhaps the reload time could be a bit quicker, but I like the delay in zoom. keep that.

ROCKET: Curious if the splash damage is the same between yourself and others. I like that
                              characters are not automatically annihilated via splash damage (ie. the rocket launcher is
                              much more deadly if your aim is good).. although I feel like I'm always killing myself without knowing
                              why. (this may be that my ping sarcks??).

Link:
                              Too powerful and not even needed for UT4.

Mini:
                              Pretty nice, pretty well balanced.

Bio:
                              WIP :-)

Overall:

I wonder if all the guns are a bit too over powered. I like that the headshots are
                              insta kill, but they should be fairly difficult to perform.

"Crazy" ideas:
                              I would like to see a pawn walk slower if shot in the leg, for instance. I would like to see
                              a pawn not be able to use a weapon if shot in the arm too. We have shield belt (magic powered
                              armor :-) ), then thigh pads, chest armor, helment. We could use those more appropriately if
                              damage dealt was a bit more thorough. For instance, chest armor doesn't help at all if shot in
                              the leg.

My last comments:
                              Don't let high experience bots have sniper rifle or link! ;-)
                              -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
                              BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

Working...
                              X