X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Introduce Yourself Thread

Welcome!

So I've been on a few forums now and each usually has a stickied thread dedicated to where new users (or lurkers) can introduce themselves and say a few words about who they are. I realize that a bazillion new topics have been thrown out in the first few days following Epic's announcement of a new UT game and we have lots of different kinds of people here: some old hats and veterans of the series, new-comers and whoever else. All are welcome, obviously and we all probably have no idea who anyone else is! I'd like to create this thread so that our members can introduce themselves to the community if they are so inclined.

So I guess I'll start:

I've been making maps for UT99, UT2k4 and UT3 for I guess as long as these games have been out - though finishing them and releasing them is a completely different matter About 3-4 years ago I made a pivot into modding for Fallout New Vegas and confronted Gamebyro. I'm still very active in the Fallout modding community but Unreal is where I feel like I place my roots and following Epic's announcement I aim to return to the Unreal Series and see what this whole thing is about.

So...anyone else here from when Insite was still around?
    Dueling Flak Cannons
    We see the shells falling
    Together, we die

Hi i'm Jimmy Carl black and I'm the indian of the group.

- Frank Zappa.
    If you see Scaleform give it a hug from me !
    http://www.f00n.com/unreal

Comment

I'm just some random guy wanting to play something fun again

Comment

I was a huge fan of the original Unreal Tournament when it was released on PS2. When we got a more powerful pc, I got it on that platform (the way it was meant to be played), played it consistently for over a year, and then proceeding with buying all the Unreal games in the franchise, except for the console iterations. So yeah, the franchise has got a very warm spot in my heart, and I was saddened when Epic gave the impression (at least for me) that they seemed to have given up on the franchise following the lukewarm response of UT3. I'm very happy the thread has been picked up again.

Comment

Well I have been playing the unreal series since 2005, and have played all the unreal games except Unreal Championship. I enjoyed all of UTs, they were all different but enjoy them (I don't see why people hate change). It was a little sad seeing a couple years of no UT and became more sad when EPIC said they weren't going to make another UT. But it all change and here we are.
          History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
          UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
          UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
          UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Hi, everyone! I'm Nick. I learned almost everything I know about level design working with Unreal Engine 3. I started out building maps and mods for UT3, moved up to UDK when it launched in 2009 and have been using it ever since for both personal and professional projects. I was a beta tester for Unreal Engine 4 and I'm absolutely amazed with the improvements they've made. It's likely the best tool set in the industry for making games today.

I'll be contributing to Unreal Tournament by making awesome maps for you guys to play on. Can't wait to get started and see what everyone else contributes!

Comment

Huge UT 99 player.

Competed for multiple clans on the Jolt and Clanbase CTF and TDM ladders. Known either as Zephus or ***AzUrE***. I frequented the .inz servers mainly, along with a lot of Face only servers too.

UT was a huge part of myself and my friends childhood and now at 27, I cannot wait to try and recapture it.
              M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Hello

My real name is Kevin and i've been playing UT since the UT2k3 release when i was around the age of 9 (i'm now 20). Got hooked by the game because of the demo they were playing at a local computer store.
                Since then i didn't had any other games except playing UT day in, day out. I've also made lots of maps for UT2k4, especially Trials and VCTF.

I hope i'll get the chance to create some maps for this new addition to the UT series.

Cheers

Comment

I feel like I've already done this, but if there's an official thread...

Professional game developer since 1997. I've been playing since the first Unreal, and mainly use it for the dev tools for work/presenting art/levels.
                  chrisholden.net - DM-NoEscapeSewers

Comment

I've played all the UT games since the day each one was released. UT2004 was my favorite of the lot - I was so addicted it was ridiculous (man, I remember dealing with 56K lag!). I got involved in UT2004 map design and ran a pretty large UT clan for many years. I tried to like UT3 but the movement was all wrong so I ended up going back to UT2004 until it died. These days I can be found running around Quake Live - have been for years - while I wait patiently for UT4 :P

Comment

Hi!

My name is Brian Johnson and I have been using every version of the editor since the original Unreal Tournament. I love UT so much, and yes every version! I have worked in the industry using the great Unreal Editor and it was the best job I ever had . I am so excited about the new editor and the new game! THANK YOU EPIC GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've played the Unreal series since the first game. I've made a few custom characters for UT99, a pack of invasion monsters for UT2004, and some custom monsters for Unreal, and I'm currently working on an Unreal/UT single player campaign. I can't make models or skins or halfway decent code, but I'm pretty good with animation (at least for UT99's standards). I'm not sure if I would be good enough to help here, but I'd be happy to try.

Comment

Hey!

I've been playing Unreal since the first game was released. I like all the games (hell even Unreal II a tiny bit.)

Comment

Over the years I have made many contributions to the Unreal community. Hopefully I can make some sort of direct contribution to this new UT project. Already working on character concepts (see sig).

-I was lead developer of one of the first attempts to fully remake UT99 for a new engine version (Unreal Tournament Revolution)
                            -Created the Mastering Unreal Tournament 3 Guide video series
                            -Created several tutorials, articles and bonus packs for UDK.

So I have a bit of perspective on the series from many angles and will do what I can to help.
                            Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 05-12-2014, 05:50 PM.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisHolden View Post
                              I feel like I've already done this, but if there's an official thread...
                              Hopefully one or the other (others?) will become merged and stickied. I didn't see any others! Not trying to make a headache for our moderators.
                              Dueling Flak Cannons
                              We see the shells falling
                              Together, we die

Comment

Working...
                              X