Error when installing launcher (64 bit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when installing launcher (64 bit)

- I downloaded the file to install the launcher and get the Windows (Win64) client.
    - Then run the EpicGamesLauncherInstaller
    - It gets to "Status: Installing DirectX" -- and then comes up with an error

Code:
    There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
    I tried deleting and downloading the EpicGamesLauncher file a few times now and keep getting the same error at the same spot. I also have the
    Visual Studio 2013 redistributables / latest DirectX installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit** sorry I put this in the wrong forum, it is a question for the NEW Unreal Tournament game.
    Last edited by Psycho=JKL=; 03-03-2015, 12:21 PM.

Solved this by disabling my Anti-Virus... Should have thought of that first!

Comment

My launcher doesn't have win 64. It doesn't work and it is just opened on start bar but doesn't display anything.

Comment

Same problem like Flyartiouno's.

Comment

Then how to fix like @FLYARTIOUNO ? I already installed EGLauncher, but there is nothing 64 bit file.

Comment

My launcher does not have Win64 folder and on opening shows 0xc000007b error.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho=JKL= View Post
              - I downloaded the file to install the launcher and get the Windows (Win64) client.
              - Then run the EpicGamesLauncherInstaller
              - It gets to "Status: Installing DirectX" -- and then comes up with an error

Code:
              There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
              I tried deleting and downloading the EpicGamesLauncher file a few times now and keep getting the same error at the same spot. I also have the
              Visual Studio 2013 redistributables / latest DirectX installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit** sorry I put this in the wrong forum, it is a question for the NEW Unreal Tournament game.
              I have exactly the same problem,

I would be very grateful for help!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmajesty View Post
                My launcher does not have Win64 folder and on opening shows 0xc000007b error.
                did you that solved ?

Comment

I have the same problem
                  I tried to install epic games and the epic games has error like SU-MD-DL
                  then SU-0004
                  and lot of others
                  i tried to contact with epic games
                  they are not helping me at all

Comment

Thank you guys. I had a similar problem. The solution was simple - disable the antivirus. I wouldn't have guessed it myself

Comment

Working...
                    X