Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are those orange medals next to your name and why do i lose them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are those orange medals next to your name and why do i lose them?

Like the title says what are they and how do you get them? And why do they keep resetting?
    I had 4-5 when i started playing but i lost them somehow, got 3 more medals after that and now there are gone as well.
    Do they even serve a purpose?
    The same goes for the tutorial hat i got it one time, then lost it and now i cant get it again.

I would also like to know what these are haha xD

Comment

From what I can tell it's a matchmaking rating. You start at rank 1 and go up to rank 9.

If you initially had a lot and then lost them, it's probably because the initial influx of players were all relatively new players. As higher skilled veteran players check out the game, the players who were highly ranked in a pool of new players are being adjusted downwards, so that the veteran players rise to the top ranks.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks for your input Wail, I've been wondering about them aswell.

So we can assume it's based on our registered stats then ? (not exactly sure if all games/servers really register the stats)

Comment

I thought these were skill rankings, but I don't even know anymore - mine is 2 and I can easily beat some 9s. I guess maybe it's based on how many matches you played?

Comment

i think its based on dm wins

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

That is some very helpful info but what can you tell me about the disappearing tutorial hat?

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                I thought these were skill rankings, but I don't even know anymore - mine is 2 and I can easily beat some 9s. I guess maybe it's based on how many matches you played?
                If it really is a skill ranking, the systems generally take a fair number of games to get accurate readings. Especially when ratings for most players across the board are unreliable, this makes your rating unreliable too.
                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

It will take a lot longer for the rankings for most players to stabilize. I think we'll need to get a big group of players to play a few hundred hours to use as a benchmark for other peoples ranks

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    I don't think so. I've been a 9 ever since the medals came out and I don't win all the time, not even close. I'm usually middle of the pack in a crowd (which is most of the time). My FPS improves when there aren't as many players, I do a lot better then, usually top 3 but I rarely win.

My best guess is it has more to do with number of matches played or maybe total kill count (not ratio, mine is only around 1.4) than anything else. I was one of the very first online the day the patch with medals came out though. I played a lot of matches that day and played a fair bit almost every day since until the last week or so.

Too many 20 man spamfests for my liking since the Outpost/Lea patch and then a couple days ago my trusty but ancient, old high refresh 22 inch CRT monitor died so for the immediate future I'm stuck playing in 1280 X 1024 @75 Hz on a horrible 17 inch backup LCD monitor with bad color.
                    Last edited by MoxNix; 03-06-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                      I had 4 wins last night online and my number didn't change at all although things are still not working right since I still have 0 wins under Quick Look on my stats.
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                        I had 4 wins last night online and my number didn't change at all although things are still not working right since I still have 0 wins under Quick Look on my stats.
                        Yeah it doesn't seem to gather stats from all servers. There's probably a server setting to opt in and out of stats.

Comment

Not all games are ranked for some reason.

Comment

After about 40 matches I noticed in my stats that I now had a DM/TDM rating. I'm apparently a "9" and my DM rating is about 1500, so I don't know if there is any correlation between the two. Anybody else get a DM rating yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                              Too many 20 man spamfests for my liking since the Outpost/Lea patch and then a couple days ago my trusty but ancient, old high refresh 22 inch CRT monitor died so for the immediate future I'm stuck playing in 1280 X 1024 @75 Hz on a horrible 17 inch backup LCD monitor with bad color.
                              Man that sucks, I feel for you. Still running my crappy but trusty 17" 120hz CRT I'll mourn over it for days if it dies.

Comment

Working...
                              X