Epic Games Launcher refuses to connect :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Games Launcher refuses to connect :-(

I hope this is the correct forum for this. Anyway, I'm experiencing a serious problem with the Epig Games launcher: when I first double-click the launder shortcut there's a delay after which is says "Error! No version information received!" Clicking on retry does nothing. If I click on OK I then get to the login screen. I type in my username and password after which it says "Error! Did not get a response! Are you connected to the internet?"

Obviously I am connected to the internet. Everything else internet-related on my box works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix?

I have the same problem for weeks now, so I use the .bat file which is working (thx Chumbo <3 ). But I can't update the game anymore because of this...

Comment

I had this issue a month or two ago. I though Epic fixed this. I remember seeing a thread here with a work around and I used it and haven't had a problem since. Try right clicking the shortcut, select properties and then select shortcut tab. Now you need to edit the Target. I added -http=wininet. This is what mine looks like now "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe" -http=wininet

If you don't have the -http=wininet add it and you might be good to go. Make sure to leave a space between " - this is very important. I hope this help's you out.
      YouTube Channel

Comment

ah ! Thx Kronos, gonna try it this evening !

Comment

it works ! thx alot Kronos !

Comment

Your welcome. Glad I was able to help you out.
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, this also fixed the issue for me, thanks very much!

Comment

still is not working for me, need fix soon pls, the game was running fine 30 mins ago

Comment

Do you have a router and if you do, have you tried to connect your computer directly to your modem? I had this problem and no matter what i did i couldnt make it work. I ended up installing DD-WRT on my router and my problems was gone.

Comment

Thanks Kronos! fixed it

Comment

Fixed it here too, thanks Kronos. I know it's an old post and it's 2020 by now, but it still works as a fix

Comment

My accounts wont connect or link and I don't know how to connect them

Comment

thx kronos

Comment

i have same problem

Comment

i have same problem, parameter does not work with 10.19.2, previous launcher version was working no game, no life.

Comment

Working...
                              X