More Graphics Options pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Graphics Options pls

I am really having trouble running the game in normal fps, i capped it to 70 fps and still occasionally fps drops for some reason...
    I set all graphics to low, and disable antialiasing etc. still no good.

I even overclocked my q9550 to 4ghz few days ago from 3.4 and got 0 fps boost and to mention my poor overclocked gtx560 vent is spinning like crazy. I don't even wanna talk about temps atm.

I got 200 +- fps doesnt go below 150 on CS:GO.

Please add more options like to remove Lens Flare, Mobile HDR, Character quality, shadow quality etc.

Even if I have to go lego mode, I want this game running on 120 without strugle! I know this is high tech engine but please add more options, i tried console commands and i can't remove any of effects you put in by using r., or am i doing it wrong.
    I turned all off I can find, nothing works...

I have equivalent of Q9550 at 4GHz too, and yeah with 5-6 people it starts to drop below 120FPS a lot. Graphics settings are probably not gonna help a lot though, your 560 should be able to handle it at the current Low settings, it's probably the CPU holding you (and me) back. Pretty sure it should have made a difference when you OC'd it, when I did from 3GHz to 4 it was obvious.

What needs to be done is just optimization, and I'm sure this will happen, especially since DirectX 12 will be here soon. So I think we just have to wait

Comment

You probably wont get those options until closer to release. Epic has a lot more things to do then get the game running smoothly on low end computers.
      PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
        You probably wont get those options until closer to release. Epic has a lot more things to do then get the game running smoothly on low end computers.
        rofl... low end...

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
          I am really having trouble running the game in normal fps, i capped it to 70 fps and still occasionally fps drops for some reason...
          I set all graphics to low, and disable antialiasing etc. still no good.

I even overclocked my q9550 to 4ghz few days ago from 3.4 and got 0 fps boost and to mention my poor overclocked gtx560 vent is spinning like crazy. I don't even wanna talk about temps atm.

I got 200 +- fps doesnt go below 150 on CS:GO.

Please add more options like to remove Lens Flare, Mobile HDR, Character quality, shadow quality etc.

Even if I have to go lego mode, I want this game running on 120 without strugle! I know this is high tech engine but please add more options, i tried console commands and i can't remove any of effects you put in by using r., or am i doing it wrong.
          I turned all off I can find, nothing works...

You are going to have to upgrade your system. Even if they added more graphics options, asking for 120FPS on your rig (Q9550 is from 2008, the gtx560 from 2011) is just being unrealistic for a game being made in 2015 with cutting-edge tech.
          My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
            You are going to have to upgrade your system. Even if they added more graphics options, asking for 120FPS on your rig (Q9550 is from 2008, the gtx560 from 2011) is just being unrealistic for a game being made in 2015 with cutting-edge tech.
            I don't think so, a 4.2GHz Q9550 is equivalent to a stock i5 2500k. Now that i5 might not be exactly new tech either, but a lot of people still have them, and the latest i5s are probably only 15% faster anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
              I don't have money... this is not "low end pc", i am reaching 299 fps limit after I clocked my cpu in cs:go with this rig... its just alot unecessary things are added in game atm!

For like, why do i need a lens flare when i look into lamps and sun? Can't i turn that off its not only annoying but unecessary if you ask me. Alot of "cinematic" stuff are added atm, for like when you look outside the outpost 23 you can't see anything inside when you get closer it becomes lighter and more visible, next is reflection.... character shadows, should be also acessabale! Decals are minimum 5 sec, they should be minimum 0!!!! Alot of things I can mention they could add in 1 day and make alot of users life easier! trust me, its all in engine and possible too turn off! And each setting would give atleast 10% fps boost!

I downloaded latest nvidia driver and it gave me a little bit boost i found sweet spot on 65 fps now, I hope they will add more features asap. I tried editing files etc, there is no such thing as ut2004 had, you went into system folder and just tweak ut2004.ini.
              I will try to sell my gtx560 maybe buy 280x if i can afford it, i hope that will give me some boost, cause they are cheap as hell in used parts with guarantee for some reason in my country.

But I am still behind my statements, I don't need this stuff in game!

Comment

I will try to sell my gtx560 maybe buy 280x if i can afford it, i hope that will give me some boost
                Well, I'm not really an expert but 99% sure it won't give you any boost at all. I you use HWinfo OSD you can see in-game that your GPU probably isn't used more than 30% but the CPU is used around 70% on all cores. That's what I get and I have an even weaker GPU (HD6870). So you need to upgrade CPU, not GPU, since on low settings games are generally CPU-bound. Or wait until DX12 (pretty sure your 560 will support it) + more optimizations (before GDC build Flak was unusable, gave me 20FPS every time someone fired it, afterwards its 120FPS unless there's 6+ people.. optimization can do a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                  Well, I'm not really an expert but 99% sure it won't give you any boost at all. I you use HWinfo OSD you can see in-game that your GPU probably isn't used more than 30% but the CPU is used around 70% on all cores. That's what I get and I have an even weaker GPU (HD6870). So you need to upgrade CPU, not GPU, since on low settings games are generally CPU-bound. Or wait until DX12 (pretty sure your 560 will support it) + more optimizations (before GDC build Flak was unusable, gave me 20FPS every time someone fired it, afterwards its 120FPS unless there's 6+ people.. optimization can do a lot)
                  I hope that will be the case, and they will add stuff i mention up to be in available in options. I haven't really looked at gpu usage gonna do it now with msi afterburner.

Comment

I hope that will be the case, and they will add stuff i mention up to be in available in options. I haven't really looked at gpu usage gonna do it now with msi afterburner.
                    Yeah, I think they said when they released the GDC build that was only the beginning of optimization, and there is still a lot to do. Either way I hope we can disable those things you described, as they make the visibility bad, even if they don't affect performance much.

Comment

It's your CPU.

The game doesn't run very smoothly with very many players in on anything much less than an i5. CPU matters more than GPU right now. You pretty much need a fast quad core with good single threaded performance for the main thread too.

I had similar issues until I upgraded to a core i5 4690, now I'm always at 120 fps (capped there) even on all epic (no AA though).... Just need to fix the internet to stop the warping now, everything else is fine.

You want something with around 7-8k cpu score on cpumark and preferably at least 2k single thread rating (makes a big difference with high player counts). Q9550 (not oc) is only about 4k and 1200 single thread.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?....83GHz&id=1049

No need for expensive overclocking setups either, an i5 4460 and a cheap H81 mobo for about $250 US in total will do just fine. That's basically what I have now except I spent a little more for the extra 300 mhz on the 4690.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?....50GHz&id=2284

I actually get a little better than in that chart, just over 8k on mine.
                      Last edited by MoxNix; 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                        Yeah, I think they said when they released the GDC build that was only the beginning of optimization, and there is still a lot to do. Either way I hope we can disable those things you described, as they make the visibility bad, even if they don't affect performance much.
                        just had a test with new graphics driver, game seems to be more optimized i actually played only 1 map, dm-temple +10 people played, cpu usage was maximum of 70 on 1 core, average 50-60 on all 4 cores, gpu was going from 60-99 jumping. I locked it at 120 fps, and didn't had drops like before which is suprising.... maybe it was driver issue???
                        Also I didn't notice those cinematic effects on dm-temple maybe thats the case.

Outpost23 with bots:

GPU usage 95-99%

CPU avg of 60-70%

Looks like my gpu is bottlneck here not cpu! Those cinematic effects take alot from gpu!

But I can tell you latest Nvidia driver gave me some fps boost!
                        Last edited by bass3; 05-03-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

There was a time when the Source Engine that now powers CS:GO was considered 'cutting edge' and required a **** good PC to run properly.

Technology evolves. Replace your hardware. Not being rude, and I know money is not easy to come by for most, but if this is something you feel passionate about, your 560 and C2Q aren't going to run modern games anymore. UT is just the first of many games that won't properly run at 70FPS for you. Don't be afraid to buy from EBay, or second hand stuff from CEX or equivalent. A good enough PC can be had for cheap.

Comment

just had a test with new graphics driver, game seems to be more optimized i actually played only 1 map, dm-temple +10 people played, cpu usage was maximum of 70 on 1 core, average 50-60 on all 4 cores, gpu was going from 60-99 jumping. I locked it at 120 fps, and didn't had drops like before which is suprising.... maybe it was driver issue???
                            Also I didn't notice those cinematic effects on dm-temple maybe thats the case.

Outpost23 with bots:

GPU usage 95-99%

CPU avg of 60-70%

Looks like my gpu is bottlneck here not cpu! Those cinematic effects take alot from gpu!

But I can tell you latest Nvidia driver gave me some fps boost!
                            Hmm strange, and that's on Low settings? I just tested for 10 minutes played on 10-12 person server, 30% avg GPU utilization, 30% avg for 3 CPU cores, one of them 70% avg. So it's definitely a CPU bottleneck, one of the threads is not getting enough processing power.

And to the people saying these CPUs are too outdated, well, mine is faster than a stock Athlon X4 860k, a fairly new CPU, and a popular choice for budget builds.

Last edited by Infiadux; 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

What is your Resolution that you play UT4 at?

EDIT: is your Processors Level 3 cache ramped up??

What is your Windows Power options set to?

Is your desktop GPU settings allowing the GPU to be used for Physx?

There should be no scaling
                              Last edited by 213; 05-03-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X