• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's what I meant

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

If I may suggest, you should make a small investment into Camtasia. I used it for recording huge 3D clips for the combat mission playbacks we did in my unit a few years ago. I was able to create professional videos at 1080p importing raw avi clips into Premier.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I'm able to get several seconds worth recorded smoothly in Fraps, but I don't really like the codec. Do you really think Camtasia can manage 1080p without dropping many frames?

I need to investigate the matinee crash further and see if there's any situation where it WON'T crash. Like a matinee in a completely blank map, or a particular gametype. A pure PNG framedump would be ideal.
        Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 05-21-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          I'm able to get several seconds worth recorded smoothly in Fraps, but I don't really like the codec. Do you really think Camtasia can manage 1080p without dropping many frames?

I need to investigate the matinee crash further and see if there's any situation where it WON'T crash. Like a matinee in a completely blank map, or a particular gametype. A pure PNG framedump would be ideal.
          Camtasia never dropped any frames on me. I had my playback system set to a specific frames per second output and matched the setting in Camtasia resulting in a smooth recording and playback. I believe they (Techsmith) offer a trial, so give it a shot and experiment to your heart's delight.

The one caveat is that the more frames you render during an immediate recording session, the larger the file will be and your only catch will be memory. You actually want a raw avi dump so there is no compression. This gives you the ulitmate control over quality of your finished product.

Also, since you are using Vegas, you can create render profiles for your projects to use. You can set the video compression, resolution, the number of passes, audio quality,all in a selectable profile. I made several to use for various types of projects. For a great many reasons, I found Vegas to be more user friendly than Premier for most projects.
          Last edited by Crotale; 05-21-2015, 09:31 AM.
          Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Yeah I already do that with vegas profiles, just don't have any set up here on my new pc yet.

I didn't think of limiting the fps directly in the editor, surely there must be a way to do that. Thanks!

Comment

You should be able to transfer those profiles to your Origin machine (congrats on that acquisition).

The stuff you are planning to do is fairly small scale compared to the 30-60 minute long presentations I built, and render times should be very manageable for you, even with huge base files.

Comment

oh yeah they're quick, even with 2 pass renders. CUDA is the stuff.

Comment

Nice start on this Henrik! I know this stuff is incredibly time consuming. Looking forward to more!
                  Unreal Carnage.com
                  UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
                  UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

Comment

Ive really liked the idea and theme you are going with so I keep thinking of other ideas along that line.

Start off with each character spawning and exploring the map, collecting weapons. Like i said before each time they just barely miss seeing eachother and we the viewer see that. Finally the inevitable happens and we see that both players are about to run into the same room. At that moment the camera pans out of the room and all you see/hear is gun shots/explosions/gib effects. Then a lone player emerges from the door way the camera panned out of and does the same taunt from the beginning where he points at the camera and motions for you to come in, challenging and calling out the viewer.
                    PayBack
                    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Yeah, that was sort of the vibe I originally thought of, and the idea could be salvaged if I had less of them standing around fondling their weapons, and instead show off the weapons as they're picked up.

It would be nice if I could finish it and turn it into a somewhat more official trailer piece, our only limitation right now is that assets run thin as far as characters, but for this sort of duel type scenario it could work.

Good ideas.

Comment

Really nice, adds abit of a pumped up feel before you go and play

Comment

m8 this is a awesome!
                          Shoutcaster/Commentator
                          Progamer for Team-dignitas
                          10 years worth of e-sports experience
                          Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X