Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal tournament 4 without downloading the epic launcher?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal tournament 4 without downloading the epic launcher?....

I don't want to sound rude just please hear me out and understand.

So I am one of those guys.. who hate DRM or anything of the nature and I seen/was told that unreal tournament was not going to have any drm yes having a launcher is a form of DRM not as strict as other **** companies but still needing this thing is annoying just to play the game.

PLEASE tell me is there a way to play this game without needing the **** launcher??? any stand alone exe of just the game?

Thanks

Sorry, but the new Unreal Tournament can only be downloaded through the launcher.

Comment

Install Linux, problem solved (for the time being).
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I will have to learn to live with it I see well time to put my 970 to use thanks

Comment

I'm pretty sure, although not positive, that once you download it from the launcher you can setup an exe shortcut to just launch the game itself outside of the launcher. Then you would only need the launcher for downloading new builds/updates. Again, I'm not 100% but I think it's possible although I really don't see the issue with the launcher itself.
          Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
          Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
          Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
          Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

You could get the 32 bit version, that's what I do since the launcher doesn't work for me.

Comment

Yes, it's getting kind of ****ing annoying. I have Epic Launcher, STEAM, Origin, Blizzard Launcher, GOD STOP! Just give me a ****ing shortcut on my desktop.

Comment

You don't need to use it to launch the game or even the editor so 99% of the time you're fine doing things as normal.

My path to UT shortcut: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev Filename: "RunUT-Test" (bat file)

This contains the instructions:

"start Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament -SaveToUserDir"

The Editor can be launched by directly clicking the UnrealTournament project file (UT, as you may or may not know, is just a UE4 "project" at its core) found here:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament Filename: "UnrealTournament" (.uproject)

You can make a shortcut for that as well.

The launcher doesn't always run in the background either, so I would say it's very different from Steam or any of those other services.

Honestly, the game is free and the marketplace is the only way they'll profit from it (and you even can too) so give them a break.
                Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 06-01-2015, 11:43 PM.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

the epic games launcher will let me download it but I'm unable to open it and when i did the scan to see if there was a virus there was none it worked on my last lap top I've even re downloaded it multiple times went as far as too re download windows and update everything again

Comment

Working...
                  X