Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Tap Dodge should be a mutator

I will keep this short.

Single Tap dodge should be a mutator. All competitive players feel me on this.

Thanks and Have a Good Time Fragging !

Not all competitive players feel you on this, I'm sure, but I agree. Never liked it, I can deal with it, but it's not a good thing IMO.

Comment

You are right lol. I felt that the honorable competitive players felt me on this. LOL

In the past. We had to double tap to do special moves. Just like I feel about my other post. We should have to double tap to slide..But I'll let that stay on that post. Just like we should have to on old unreal, ut, ut2003, and ut2004. To dodge - we had to double tap. >>>>|||<<<<

Make single tap dodge a mutator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you all feel me on this. Please ... It is a mutator , come on....
      Last edited by Jett; 07-07-2015, 08:32 PM. Reason: Grammar because i was drunk :)

Comment

Don't feel you at all on this. While I don't use it, if it helps bring in new blood or helps cut the difference in skill gap there is gong to be between the new and old players then I am all for it. Don't like it, don't use it is how I see it.

Comment

lol,

it is cool that you have been in my steam friends list.. I dont think you are friendly after all lol.. :P it is a bug that you slide when you are moving when you crouch....

Helps bring in new blood?

Isn't that what the rankings are for?

Comment

Nope, the rankings are to help prevent them from being slaughtered.

Comment

I used to bring in new blood to my clan and train them In death match for ctf.

Comment

Single tap dodge is great for the game. It doesn't take long to adapt to it and it will smoothen your movement.
                UT ingame alias: nukkuj
                Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jett View Post
                  I will keep this short.

Single Tap dodge should be a mutator.
                  I will keep this short.

no.

Originally posted by code187
                  some of the players online will be godliked by a gust of wind.

Comment

Just curious,

How is other players using single tap dodge negatively impacting your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by RZE View Post
                      Just curious,

How is other players using single tap dodge negatively impacting your experience?
                      I use double tap to dodge, so when other players use single tap to dodge, they have an advantage over me in how quickly they can respond to a thread and dodge it. It takes 2x longer to double tap than to tap once, so they can respond twice as fast if they see a rocket coming or something.

I could just use single tap dodge myself, but I don't have any keys or mouse buttons I can bind it to and the double tap just feels more UT anyway.

So in short, because I don't want to use STD myself, I want other people to not be able to use it either, because I'm more important than them, obviously. Please cater to my desires or your game will fail. /s

Comment

I don't care either way and see no reason to remove it.
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I've seen single-tap dodge turn scrubs into pub stars in mere seconds. Ban this feature immediately.

Comment

There's no reason to remove it, it's already there and has no negative impact on the game.

The statement about competitive players disliking it is untrue.
                            :|

Comment

I checked and it is just as I suspected: the forum search button is prominently displayed and works as advertised. I mention this because we have pretty much the same conversations sprouting up on a fairly routine basis. I believe this repeating activity should be noted in Entropy's GDC presentation.

On topic, I say each player should have the preference, not the game.
                              Last edited by Crotale; 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM.
                              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Working...
                              X