X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Hi Geronaho

It hasn't, nor any of the other forums you access with your Unreal Engine id. We did have the security firm we're working with check and they were all unaffected.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
      but seriously how could this happen?
      Nothing on the internet is truly secure. If someone really wants access, they'll get access.

Don't connect something to the internet if you want it to remain untouchable.

Comment

can't change my password

Comment

You do it from the main unreal engine account, not here in vB.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

However I did notice what may be an exploit in regard to that. Since these accounts are supposed to be connected, it's like it caches the password for a while. I was able to use my old password on my phone here still well after changing it via PC. So assuming someone has access to accounts here without it being detected, they will in theory still be able to access them after a password change under certain conditions. I'd recommend some kind of forced re-login of all devices.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

So, does anyone have any idea when the main forums will be back up?

Comment

No idea about those other forums by the way.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post

No idea about those other forums by the way.

I...what?!?

Comment

This is going to be a problem the next time I load the Epic Games Launcher. I may have to change the password (including here) once Epic Games fixed the issue(s).

Comment

The Epic Games forum accounts are not tied to the launcher accounts. If you have the same password here as you had on the Epic forums, you should change it. Be sure you log out of all of your devices and log back in if you do that.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by Glamdring804 View Post
                        So, does anyone have any idea when the main forums will be back up?
                        *bump*

Any ETA? Even with a precission of a month or year? Decade?
                        <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                        <TNSe> nono
                        <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                        <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                        <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                        <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

We're looking at about a week.
                          Stacey Conley
                          Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Hum, I guess it's more complicated than expected. Would it be possible to at least have a read-only copy of the site available? There's really useful content and knowledge on there.
                            <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
                            <TNSe> nono
                            <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
                            <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
                            <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
                            <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

It's been almost 3 weeks. How bout an update.
                              GameSpy PTSD sufferer

Comment

Two weeks actually. Plan was to have it up Friday, looks like it's going to be more like Tuesday. I'm afraid the UT forums will be read only, we'll do our best to make this forum more accommodating to the affected users.
                                Stacey Conley
                                Epic Games, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                                X