This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the hack

Has this forum showed any signs of being hacked like the epic forums were?

The email said no.

Comment

Hi Geronaho

It hasn't, nor any of the other forums you access with your Unreal Engine id. We did have the security firm we're working with check and they were all unaffected.

Sorry for the inconvenience
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I would advise changing password here if you had an account at the other forum with same password.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

lol, i am registered to like 100 forums by now, my account is from 2005-6... god knows where it will spam, i don't have same password everywhere, but seriously how could this happen?

Comment

vB/PHP vulnerabilities
            "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
            - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Quick follow up question!

If I've been a member at this site only, did I also get the e-mail about hacking? Or does it mean that I had an account over there which I can't remember creating?

Comment

Oh wow thank you Flak and users!!!

Im going to post my apology here to users and Epic , if it is not wanted Flak can remove it.

Here's the post i made:

UT3/ UDK forums etc were hacked. I was aware of this as were other users. We did report the issue but i have to be honest.

I could have reported this sooner. ALOT sooner**, but given the recent negative experiences i have had with Epic customer service department, Epic Forum moderators and the Unreal Engine Marketplace, i decided to remove these "stress triggers" from my life and subsequently ignore the forums for a short time [←not a dig at epic, just justifying my position for not reporting sooner]

** I was aware of the hack the moment it happened; i have incredible anti-virus, not like you people have, i may be an "*******" (right RZE? ) but i get antivirus updates the day the coder creates them (connections )

I am genuinely sorry to other users if my reluctance to communicate with Epic, on such a sever situation, may have hastened the fix or the possibility of this issue being brought to Epic's attention sooner. and apologies to you epic for the same reason, albeit with a pinch of salt!

i can only hope people take some understanding and except that i probably should not spend so much time here, this was just bad timing, so don't have a go at me for not reporting this sooner

P.s

thanks for working on the password Reset Epic, it is appreciated.

Sidenote:

2 versions of the UE4 link are shown in my browser

one ends in
                com/

the other ends in .php
                Last edited by TKBS; 07-15-2015, 09:29 AM.
                Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

I'm not sure I get it TKBS. Why didn't you make it public yourself, if you were afraid to go to Epic at least it would have made other users aware so we could have taken action sooner to protect our privacy and data.

Comment

thats why i am apologising to Epic and the community for not reporting it sooner.
                    sorry henrik i wasn't "afraid" i was just a bit ****** off but i realize that shouldn't negate what i feel was probably a responsibility i could have taken ownership of

when the forums are up again - you can see where i (and others) reported the hack and if you cross reference the date with my inactivity and the date of the hack you can see i could/ should? have reported sooner.

Also please understand ... It's very difficult to verify a place like epic has been hacked when you are an outside source like me (im not an anti-virus guru and simply "ping'ing a website" isnt enough, i just happen to have a close relationship with an AV company a nd way too much time on my hands atm), part of me thought it could have been just a forum update.

Sorry again, i won't make any more posts on this matter, if you wish to have a go at me, please do so in PM
                    Last edited by TKBS; 07-15-2015, 09:55 AM.
                    Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

meh. what's done is done

Comment

I have to say I fail to see how having "incredible anti-virus" on your personal computer has anything to do with knowing whether a server has been breached or not?

Comment

Originally posted by sneakypoo View Post
                          I have to say I fail to see how having "incredible anti-virus" on your personal computer has anything to do with knowing whether a server has been breached or not?
                          He's special.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakypoo View Post
                            Well because this incredible anti-virus goes and infects remote servers so that you are kept safe.
                            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

the question is: what password did i use on the epicforums? i don't remember, possible i used it somewhere else, but i hope not... and i guess i will never find out, if all passwords are reset once the site is back online...

Comment

Working...
                              X