Need a Tutorial for the Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Tutorial for the Tutorial

I cannot find a solution to this anywhere, so I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to get token #10 in the movement tutorial (probably one of the hardest tokens to get in the game so far). Can't seem to get to it by regular jumping or dodge jumping. All the tutorials I see are from a much older build, so maybe the spacing changed and now it is impossible to get 100%? Any help would be appreciated.

Since there are some hidden tokens I'm not entirely sure which one you mean by #10.
    If you mean the one that is high above a lift in a small hole then there are several ways to get it.

Lift jump directly onto the jumppad behind you that launches you directly into the hole.
    Lift jump and walldodge onto the jumppad.
    Lift dodge directly onto the jumppad.
    Lift dodge and walldodge onto the jumppad
    Go up the lift and walldodge off the box then walldodge off the wall onto the jumppad.
    Go up the lift and stand on the box to dodge to the slope and walldodge onto the jumppad.
    Go up the lift and stand on the box to wallrun on the slope and walldodge onto the jumppad.
    Go up the lift and stand on the box to jump to the slope and walldodge onto the jumppad.
    You can even stand on the box and slopedodge up and walldodge off into the hole without using the jumppad at all.

Comment

Probably a wall dodge or wallrun.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I could probably make a short video to get them all. If I make i, tI'll post it here.

Comment

I made a vid. Should be up in a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myoN...ature=youtu.be

Comment

https://youtu.be/Ay3Ea_FvQG0
            w/e man, I made a vid too.

Comment

Then he sees a couple of different techniques for some of them.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like there is a tricky wall jump required to get that one that I'll need to practice on!

Comment

... and I was finally able to get it today thanks to you guys!!!

Comment

I agree. The current tutorial is way too difficult to understand. You need a more intuitive interface.

SUGGESTIONS : Give a hint popup on what to do next in the Unreal Editor. We should not need to Alt Tab between https://www.unrealtournament.com/tutorials/ and the Unreal Editor.

Comment

Can somebody help me? I can't find the fifth skill token in the DeathMatch Tutorial. Four are visible and in quite obvious places, but the last is giving me a headache.

Comment

me too, i can't find the 5° skill token in deathmach training map..
                        I try meny many times but nothing... Bug or what? any idea?

Comment

I guess you're missing the token above the redeemer, it's located on top of the roof
                          Originally posted by Max-Steel View Post
                          me too, i can't find the 5° skill token in deathmach training map..
                          I try meny many times but nothing... Bug or what? any idea?

Comment

Above the redeemer? o_o thanks! i check immediately

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                              I made a vid. Should be up in a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myoN...ature=youtu.be
                              https://youtu.be/myoN6cxXdXI?t=63 how in the hell?
                              i either bounce off the corner or jump to far out to catch the wall. im not sure how you're suppose to grab the wall and bounce off it. dodge key does nothing.
                              i somehow managed to get that token, by accident, but i dont understand how.

Comment

Working...
                              X